Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ef_128  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:29:31 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
blazer lose to the nets ? HAHAHAHA

i change my mind .. cavs will beat spurs .. ONLY because ahmed is done for a while .. CAVS STINK .. P U !
Akhan23  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 6:35:54 PM(UTC)
Akhan23

Groups: Forum Member

first of all adham2309 im wide awake the suns dont have anybody but keaton unless your talking about brandon bowen who they have used for most there games and last week was the only week they have not used him so again that leaves them with keaton smith who is a great player no doubt about it

Rajeh  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 7:11:39 PM(UTC)
Rajeh

I got my money on the Nets over the Blazers... by double digits.

The Blazers can't guard anyone., and the Nets have two legitimate defensive stoppers. In this league, defense ALWAYS beats offense.
This is for Coach B.
free afghan  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:21:26 AM(UTC)
free afghan

Rajeh wrote:
I got my money on the Nets over the Blazers... by double digits.

The Blazers can't guard anyone., and the Nets have two legitimate defensive stoppers. In this league, defense ALWAYS beats offense.

right, thats why the Blazers beat a very good defensive team in the Sixers. good call.

theres no superior team in the league. the organizers have done a good job balancing things out. anybody can beat anyone on any given night.
slickshot  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:34:11 AM(UTC)
slickshot

Rajeh, the blazers will avail ... and when they do instead of taking your money I am just going to kindly ask you to join me in a victory debke over a cavs jersey aftr the game :) ... im jk. Okay the blazers' defense isn't that bad come on now, i didn't let you get that easy layup during the game.. that should count for something Applause
Let your game do the talking.

In the words of Rudy Fernandez, "I want to put points on your face." so . . Taste my rainbow :)

The forecast calls for rain.

Y-FACTOR
ef_128  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 8:24:06 AM(UTC)
ef_128

im tired of the nets thinking they are so good defensively .. LOL Smile
blazers will put up big numbers !!
blazers will win by a ridiculous amount !!
nets will bow down before blazers at end of the game !!
fa will admit his man crush on edriss

Smile Applause
Undisclosed16  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 8:30:10 AM(UTC)
Undisclosed16

ef_128 wrote:
im tired of the nets thinking they are so good defensively .. LOL Smile
blazers will put up big numbers !!
blazers will win by a ridiculous amount !!
nets will bow down before blazers at end of the game !!
fa will admit his man crush on edriss

Smile Applause

Blazers have the better Guards in my opinion, but NETS just might have a better defense. If Blazers can step up their D just a bit, I think they should take it in a close game.
Saif Raja #15 Captain of the RAPTORS
free afghan  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:58:30 AM(UTC)
free afghan

also, how is a team that plays no defense 4-1 in a league where "defense ALWAYS beats offense"? LOL aww man, cant wait till tomorrow night.
afs32  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:22:54 AM(UTC)
afs32

in my experience against the nets.....their defense is solid but they have no interior presence....as big as TQ is...he is no ammar idelbi...i made the mistake of settling for the three against them...in the times i drove against them i felt i had a decent amount of success...
<insert player here> is better than me.
Assists mean nothing.
Adham23809  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:28:19 AM(UTC)
Adham23809

Akhan23 wrote:
first of all adham2309 im wide awake the suns dont have anybody but keaton unless your talking about brandon bowen who they have used for most there games and last week was the only week they have not used him so again that leaves them with keaton smith who is a great player no doubt about it

LOL

Go watch the suns game tomorrow.

You are clueless.

Allah is One. He has No son.
slickshot  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:48:49 AM(UTC)
slickshot

I don't doubt the nets are a great team... but i HAVE to put an end to this "they are the greatest defensive team" talk... because well its just not true. They are not the BEST defensive team.

Sure they have a couple great defensive players, and i am not denying that fact...... but to tell you the truth when the nuggets had them by 2 points at half last week, that alone should just show how they are not a super team and vulnerable to play crappy D, and slip up just like any other team. Not to mention the close call defeats they laid on the sixers and the knicks. It will be an exciting game and the outcome should be determined by how the first 10 minutes are played out (usually it doesn't) but we could get a better idea of how the game is going and where its leaning more towards.

In the words of Rudy Fernandez, "I want to put points on your face." so . . Taste my rainbow :)

Y-FACTOR
ef_128  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 11:00:10 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Adham,

KEATON IS THE WHOLE TEAM .
YOU JUST DONT WANT TO BELIEVE IT .
NOW THAT UVE BEEN TRADED TO THE SUNS, UR SCORING DOUBLE DIGITS .
THIS IS CUZ KEATON IS TIRED OF U SUCKING SO MUCH AND WANTS TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER .

Sincerely,
Triple Chocolate Meltdown
FA all day  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 11:17:43 AM(UTC)
FA all day

lol who said we were the best defensive team? i know i didnt and dont see anyone saying it. we are just a solid team and as free afghan mentioned any team can beat any team on any given night.... lets not forget we are missing our most valuable player in patty, when he comes back healthy iA our whole dynamic changes .... and yes we were down to the nuggets at the half... our D gave up 9 whole points in the second half when we decided to clamp down.....i know its going to be a good game and could easily go either way. thats why i aint saying nothing... all you blazers are talking alot of smack and you guys better hope you guys bring it because we will.
ef_128  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 11:48:09 AM(UTC)
ef_128

FA,
you may not be a model .. but you sure look like one
slickshot  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:54:55 PM(UTC)
slickshot

I Agree

Y-FACTOR
Akhan23  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:50:28 PM(UTC)
Akhan23

hey slickshot i played with the nets agianst the blazers basically in the winter league are match ups were not a problem we beat you guys and you guys beat us we beat you 2 times and you guys had one victory against us so the way your talking its like your saying your going to beat them by double digits and thats not going to happen you might win a slight chance but i will put my money on the nets and you guys are just really really really lucky that they dont have patty there another team with him
slickshot  
#37 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:02:16 AM(UTC)
slickshot

Akhan, you apparently have no clue who i am but let me enlighten you Cool . First of all I was on the number one seed team (Lakers) in winterball and ultimately led them to victory in the finals, im jk (no not really).

Secondly, There was only 3 players that were the same from the blazers that were on the hornets team (winterball team) you are referring to ... They were Tariq, Muj, and Edriss. In fact the Spurs in the winterball league had MORE of the same players (same roster) on their current roster then we do now, which meant they had alot more synergy including ( Bow Down ) PATTY THE GREAT DESI BASKETBALL WARRIOR ( Bow Down ) in his healthier days .

Lastly, Now the team (blazers) is much different, farhad is added (great rebounder, all around player), ali rameen is added (another great rebounder), ali farhad is added (lethal 3 shooter), and yours truly is added to the blazers' roster, one of the greatest guards to grace parsippany pal's shiny floors and hoop heaven's dingy, beamy, warehouse.... im jk (maybe just a little).

In conclusion I do feel like we will beat them by double digits probably leaning more to 10 pts :) .... and yes it will happen, you know why mainly because of our role players, AGAIN thats what gives us the edge to beat them and thats why we're a favorite, not to mention. The nets only played the sixers from the powerhouse teams, and beat them by 3 pts, our 12 pt victory over the sixers alone should pretty much determine how we will play against Nets.

Need I go over the oppononents the Nets defeated to prance to 5-0 ? No, i didn't feel need to ... MJ oww!

Edited by user Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:04:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Y-FACTOR
Rajeh  
#38 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:06:24 AM(UTC)
Rajeh

Ok, since people don't know how to read, put words in my (and other people's) mouths, and/or jump to conclusions, let me be clear...

A great defense isn't the only quality needed to win. You can play great defense and still lose by a score of 1-0 because your team can't hit the ocean from a boat.

Nobody said that the Nets had the best defense. Everybody says they have a good or great defense, but nobody said that they had the best.
The Cavs have the best defense in the league. Ask Ed. If he doesn't tell you, his team's stats against the Cavs, especially compared to how the stats against other teams, certainly will.

If you play no defense, you can still be 4-1 in a league where defense ALWAYS beats offense if the teams you have beaten don't play defense either.

See you all tonight. Bring some popcorn.
This is for Coach B.
slickshot  
#39 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:55:36 AM(UTC)
slickshot

Raj I am not denying they aren't a good defensive team, I am just saying people including the nets are making their defense out to be UNSTOPPABLE, that is all, and I am saying its not. Oh yea the best defense is a great offense so technically we're the best defensive team jk Applause ... I called a blowout in the cavs-spurs game, unless the spurs pull a flukey win with the ahmer's sniping 3-5 three's a piece per half.

Edited by user Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:11:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Y-FACTOR
ef_128  
#40 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:33:59 AM(UTC)
ef_128

raj u must not be feeling well .. blazers have the best defense .. when we feel like playin defense that is !! but when we can just relax and let the offense do everything, why waste energy on D ??

Defense = overrated

lol

i credit myself with the laziest defense in the league.