Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Malik Zubi  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 1:27:01 AM(UTC)
Malik Zubi

Groups: Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
5 weeks in and some teams are rolling while others are coming up just short, but all that matters is who's still standing come October. The next 5 weeks will bring out the contenders and pretenders, along with some really good basketball. S/o to everyone in this league, I am admiring the brotherhood being formed and comradery, regardless of ethnicity, race, etc. But enough lovey dovey .... back to what y'all came here for.

Riyadh vs. Mombasa - this game is intriguing. Riyadh has the personnel to matchup with Mombasa. They have the speed. They are pretty stout defensively. But this game will be determined by the guards. Kareem/Omar vs. Raza/Sadat/Masri. Pete Brown keep balling brotha, I'd be a bigger fan if you were a Tar Heel #UNC.

Timbuktu vs. Fez - So let's say you start 0-2, and then Allah swt sends down a player regarded by many to be the best player in MB history if not top 3. Enter Mujtaba. Timbuktu is 2-0 when he plays and is making it look easy. This team could cause havoc come playoff time once they develop some real chemistry. FEZ OH FEZ. Just when I was getting hyped on you guys, you all let me down.

Istanbul vs. Sana'a - Istanbul did something I tried to do last week and that was make a game winner (BTW which one of y'all jinxed me this season) anyway, back to Istanbul. They got their leader back in Muhammed Turan who is no slouch. Brother plays wit 120% every game til the last whistle and is as unselfish as it gets. They could put together some wins based on their remaining schedule, but Adam K needs to return to be Adam K. Sana'a congrats on that win, Humza Yousuf is most likely going to be our president in 2036, but we all know politics and sports don't mesh.

Tehran vs. Dhaka - Tehran hasn't had their full squad all season and thats cost them some games. We are aware of the dominance of Mo Amin, the consistent play of Yaqob and grit of Ali Omari. But I do feel like this team is one more piece away from really being a contender. Not saying that piece isn't already on the roster but a third scorer would be huge. Dhaka players claim I don't show them enough love in my predictions, well you shouldn't have beat my team in the 2017 championship game. Dhaka is legit we all know that. Farzad, Fahad, Ameer, Ali and Salman may have the best chemistry in the league.

Cairo vs. Kabul - AMP & Goldberg will have their hands full this week against MVP candidate Mohammad Abdelhadi. Cairo needs to find other ways to score rather than having Abdul do it all on his own. As great as he is, it is draining knowing. The man plays both ends of the floor and a second option preferable a guard would make his life easier. Goldberg will probably be guarding Abdelhadi, while Kabul is throwing different looks at AMP. This game will deff be close. Toss up.

Jakarta vs. Sarajevo - Himey's hair is going to turn gray after this one. Sarajevo is an offensive powerhouse. Rameez can easily be a number 1 option on countless teams in this league, yet he defers for the better of the team. Luke balled out last week and all this was without the asian sensation that is Leonard Lee. Sarajevo is going far this season folks, and its not b/c of one guy but a collection of guys.

Beirut vs. Jerusalem - If Beirut ever wants to go undefeated they should print out their season schedule and change every teams name to Mecca. Coming off a nail biting win, where the basketball miraculously rolled around the rim hit the backboard rolled around the rim one more time and rolled out, you can't make this stuff up. Hart hit some clutch 3s down the stretch of the game, Mingo asserted himself in the post and they got a cool 11 from skinny. Jerusalem will keep this game competitive, then the jump ball will go up.

Suba vs. Delhi - A team that needs more love from myself included. Suba is 5-0 folks, and Aymen isn't the only reason. Aytac Malta is averaging 14.0 ppg on close to 55% shooting from the field. They get contributions from everyone in different categories, have put the league on notice. I think these next 5 games will really tell us whether or not they are legit. As for Delhi, they are a scrappy bunch. Splash and Deeb do not and will not backdown from anyone. Jawad isn't afraid of guarding the opposition's best player and Marwan has the frame to guard bigs in the paint. This team has the talent, they just need to trust in each other.

Kazan vs. Alexandria - Rumor has it Pat was seen at MetLife trying out for the Jets as a TE. Kazan suffered their second consecutive loss without their guy but they kept it close. Chris T showed off his J, knocking down 5 triples. I heard he has a crazy sneaker collection too, bro lmk! Kazan with Pat is a scary team, without him they are competitive. Im sure they prefer the ladder over the former. Alexandria was so close. so so so close. But not this week.

Mecca vs. Cordoba - I would like to take this time to acknowledge my mediocre play. All Imma say is that going forward, you all are going to get the #20 who was a MB all star couple seasons back. STDWSI. Oh and Jaber knows me.

Granada vs. Islamabad - GAME OF THE WEEK. Anwar is a BADDDDDDDD MAN! Put this guys name in that MVP race. Waqas' midrange game is more lethal than venom bite. Odeh was a great acquisition and I know he will turn things around. Keep shooting the basketball bro, shooters keep shooting. Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan with a population close to 1.1 million. Leader Billal Abbassi. Weekly agenda, stop your team's best player while Zain is on triple double watch and Idris knocks down 3s in your cornea. Both teams hustle, both teams have legit go to scorers, and both teams are going to play hard throughout the game. I'm calling little Omar Abbassi hits a clutch shot down the stretch, propelling Islamabad to a 6-0 start.

Lahore vs. Baghdad- Lahore had a team meeting this past weekend to discuss their slow start. Moayad was also seen at 24 hour fitness shooting passed fajr. Baghdad is been the surprise of the season. Timmy Brown, Amir, Rayyan have played a huge role in their team's success. I think they keep it going looking at their schedule this team can very much so end the season 8-2, or 7-3. Hats off to you guys for keeping the same core after a rough first season.
billalabbassi  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 12:52:21 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Riyadh/Mombasa: A veteran team that have the chemistry necessary to make a serious run late in the season. The have 1 loss on their record, and that was to an undefeated Islamabad squad by like 4 points without Raza. Riyadh is a good team that will give you a run for your money, they'll keep thingz competitive, but Pete, Raza, and the chemistry will be a little too much to handle.

Timbuktu/Fez: Timbuktu added Mujtaba who's a top 10 player to ever play Muslimball. They have Shafic who showed he can ball, and Khalied is a stretch 5 who can beat you inside and out. Fez don't play together. They don't move the ball and trust each other, they take turns and play chuck-up ball. That formula will not win you games.

Istanbul/Sana'a: They both got their first wins last week. Humza showed some promise, and Istanbul hit a game winner. 2 teams that struggled to start the season, and maybe, just maybe, are starting to figure thingz out. Let's see who wins this one.

Tehran/Dhaka: Dhaka finds a way to win games. Plain and simple. I don't love the way they're playing this year, and I love the way Tehran is. Dhaka should play better defense, Tehran is playing stellar defense, having said all that, Dhaka just finds a way to pull out games. I really don't know how they do it.

Cairo/Kabul: I apologize to Kabul. I really do. For whatever reason, I have been making some mistakes stat keeping their games, I hope you accept my apology. Abdelhadi will do Abdelhadi thingz, grab 15 boards and score at least 15 points. Abdul can ball, he is a top tier scorer, if not in his own category. However, he just doesn't trust his teammates. They don't move the rock, Goldberg had a 5'9 guard on him and didn't touch the ball in the post once against Suba. Great defense or bad IQ?

Jakarta/Sarajevo: I don't know Ed's status for this game, and their defense is just not good. Sarajevo has plenty of scorers. A bad defensive team vs. a great offensive team? Sounds like we're being setup for a blowout.

Beirut/Jerusalem: Jerusalem got to figure some thingz out.

Suba/Delhi: I'm done doubting Suba, time to put respect on their team. They play as a unit, and they do it well. They're not ball hogs and they're happy for each other's success. Everyone knows their role, and they play that role extremely well. I've grown into a Sasa fan, you go my man. Pass first. he could score, but that's not his role on this team and he bought into it. Does Aytac miss? Faraz guarded Goldberg. Aymen plays defense and gets on that break. Does he get tired? Delhi seem to turn on each other when thingz aren't going their way. They let teams get in their heads.

Kazan/Alexandria: We all know it's going to be Kazan or Mombasa to win it all, don't we Pat? (Way to play your hearts out weekly Alexandria)

Mecca/Cordoba: Cordoba got some big dudes, and they're a good team, but #20 promised a better version of himself, he let me, his team, and fans down thus far, TURN THINGZ AROUND ALREADY! Anas and Qasem, stop taking turns with the ball. Create for each other. You brought in Khalil Hussein to be a playmaking guard who defends, let him be that.

Granada/Islamabad: Not going to predict my game. Anwar dropped 40, got me shivering. #STDWSI

Lahore/Baghdad: Baghdad has played some respectable teams and won. Lahore has played some respectable teams and lost. Has Omar Mana become the catalyst of that group? Keep doing your thing my man. Tim and Amir, keep shooting that rock. The rest of the supporting cast, keep playing with all your heart, you guys got something nice going.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:40:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
aliomari17  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 3:19:07 AM(UTC)
aliomari17

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Shoutout to Malik and Billal for always posting the predictions! You guys make this that much more fun. Thanks guys, we appreciate you!
billalabbassi  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 5:12:16 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: aliomari17 Go to Quoted Post
Shoutout to Malik and Billal for always posting the predictions! You guys make this that much more fun. Thanks guys, we appreciate you!

Yep, thanks! We’re just trying to keep the forum alive and active! 👌

Edited by user Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:41:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Strive to Do What Seems Impossible