Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ef_128  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 4:11:32 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
lagos/jeddah
kazan/medina - battle of undefeated teams
damascus/granada
baghdad/alexandria
lahore/sanaa
mombasa/suba - battle of undefeated teams
kashgar/dhaka
jakarta/palermo - battle of phs alumni and current phs student
jerusalem/islamabad - abbassi royal rumble
beirut/cordoba
tehran/tripoli - battle of 2 afghan captains and former neighbors
rkhizer4  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 12:53:50 AM(UTC)
rkhizer4

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Rameez's WEEK 3 Predictions - Eds were so blah I had to save the forum.

Lagos/Jeddah-Lagos seems to be grade A booty but they might be regular booty on a good day. Jeddah is pretty loaded and theyre coming off a big win against Islamabad. Prove me wrong Lagos but if not Jeddah is beating you by atleast 15.

Kazan/Medina- This might be a potential game of the week. Pat is gonna drop at least 25 but Medina has some heads that can win you games. Omar is big on the glass and Bilal is having his best season by far. He used to be like patrick Beverly now hes able to score too. Gonna be a toss up but I might go with Medina here.

Damascus/Granada- Omar can shoot the lights out but if you take that away these guys might look like the Pheonix Suns compared to Granada. Do not let Granada's record fool you they will be around in the late playoffs and you will not want to play them. I dont think Damascus can win this one see yall week 10 dont blink

Baghdad/ Alexandria- Never sleep on Alexandria they are a lot better than they look on paper. Their inexperience and youth costs them some games but their talent is pretty legit. Baghdad in 4.

Lahore/ Sanaa- I'm not going to predict my own game. Lmao jk y'all getting smacked

Mombasa/Suba- Game of the week. This game comes down to 1-2 possessions that will make a difference. These guys may want to shoot a couple extra free throws this week cause I feel like that will become the difference in this game. Without the presence of Pete Brown Suba may have a lighter load to deal with. Nevertheless Mombasa is stacked. Def a toss up.

Kashgar/ Dhaka- Dhaka is hands down the deepest team in the league. They got atleast 5 heads that can get you 15 on their worst day. They can defend with the addition of Rawls and FA. I expect Dhaka to win by atleast 10 in this game and go to Kabab paradise after

Jakarta/Palermo- This will be a pretty good game. I expect Jakarta to have a better shooting day but the x factor in this game will be Yaqob. If he drops atleast 20 and 10 Palermo gets their first win. Bilal might shine in this game too due to his youth and speed.

Jerusalem/ Islamabad- Islamabad has two guys still waiting to have their breakout game (Luke and Zain) and it may come this weekend. I don't see anyone on Jerusalem being able to contain those two and then you got Idriss on the wing. Islamabad by 10

Beruit/ Cordoba- Beruit is the most overrated team in the league. We talk about them every year like they're a force or something lol. Cordoba wins this one dont @ me

Tehran/Tripoli- This is going to be a pretty good game. Both teams have depth and guys that know how to score and do the little things. Whoever wins this one it will not be by more than 5.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 16, 2019 1:04:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jdmsoul  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 1:54:10 AM(UTC)
Jdmsoul

Lol oh overrated with a chip.... thanks for your angry predictions lol

Edited by moderator Wednesday, January 16, 2019 2:25:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ef_128  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:40:18 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
damnnn rameez put me on the spot

Lagos/Jeddah
Neither team has a real star that has shown up this season. Look for Lagos to try and run this game. Jeddahs size should be utilized this game.

Kazan/Medina
Kazan in trouble this week. Medina loves to play defense. I see a triple team coming for Pat. Craig better be dropping buckets.

Damascus/Granada
Granada has had 0 offense going this year. Dont know what they are going through but this would definitely be a game to change that. Omar H can drop 20+ any game for Damascus. Someone needs to lock him up or else Granada going 0-3. Has Goldberg done anything this season? Get this guy going.

Baghdad/Alexandria
Baghdad is a legit team. Dont count them out. Full squad, they not losing this game.

Lahore/Sanaa
I like Sanaa in this game. But on the big court? With only 5 guys who show up every week? Lahore better run them all game or Rameez/Leonard and co wining 2 in a row.

Mombasa/Suba
Small court. Two of the top teams. Little running to worry about. I think Suba wins on the small court. Big court, different story.

Kashgar/Dhaka
Kashgar in their freshman season. Work on chemistry. Dhaka winning this game.

Jakarta/Palermo
Jakarta the best team in the league. You will all learn that soon.

Jerusalem/Islamabad
Jerusalem came into this season with a solid win then got a butt whooping week 2. Steve is out for a while so look for others to step up for Jerusalem. Zain/Idris/Luke should all have a big game.

Beirut/Cordoba
For the first time Beirut made some roster changes. Rebounder Ryan and scorer Kenny have been helping this team out. Cordoba has some big bodies on the team which will definitely help out on the small court. Giving the slight edge to Cordoba (will be without Jaber).

Tehran/Tripoli
Tehran plays D. Has a nice pg dishing out dimes every play. Double Muj and let the rest of the team score.
billalabbassi  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 5:19:46 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Love the Pat Beverly comparison, I like to think of myself more as a Mike Conley type player though.
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
billalabbassi  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 5:43:36 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Lagos/Jeddah- I just don't think Lagos has enough offense right now to compete with the best of them, and I believe Jeddah falls under the category of "Best of Them". Jeddah has multiple ways to look to on offense, and they have so pretty damn good defenders. The more the play together, the more they gain chemistry, the better chance they have to win. I like what this team is doing. Jeddah.

Kazan/Medina- Won't predict my own game.

Damascus/Granada- Look for Waqas and Co. to bounce back. Anwar and Singer shot 4-23 combined last week, goes without saying but that cannot happen again. Waqas has one of the best mid-range shots in the league, no reason he should be shooting 7 threes in a game. I'm looking for them to figure thingz out and come out firing this week. Omar Hussein and Qasem really have to learn to work together if they want to have a chance in this league.

Baghdad/Alexandria- I think Alexandria is better than they may seem, but Baghdad is just better.

Lahore/Sana'a- This is a toss up if both teams have a full squad. I'm picking Baghdad because I din't think Lahore will have Kyle this game due to suspension? If they don't have Kyle, Sana'a wins by about 10. If Lahore has Kyle, i think this game goes down to the wire.

Mombasa/Suba- I won't go against Suba until they lose.

Kashgar/Dhaka- Dhaka is more experienced and have too much chemistry.

Jakarta/Palermo- Jakarta has the height, but I think Abdul is going to remind the league how lethal a scorer he is. If he gets the rest of his team involved on offense, and plays some defense, this team can make some noise. Let's see if he follows that blueprint.

Jerusalem/Islamabad- Seems as though you just have to take Kenny out of the game, and Islamabad has the defense to do that. Steve is also out for Jerusalem.

Beirut/Cordoba- Cordoba plays better defense than Beirut, and that is why I'm taking Cordoba. They will contain and get just enough buckets to beat you. Should be a pretty good game, I have Cordoba winning by a few in a low scoring game.

Tehran/Tripoli- Abdelrahman Moustafa could pass the ball. He is most probably the best passer in the league, oh yeah, and he could score. I think he's the best player on Tehran, but they also have other pretty good players. Look for Abdelrahman to get his teammates easy looks around the basket and from downtown. Mujtaba is one of the best to ever play in the league, but he needs his teammates to play just a little player. I want to see Yousef take over a little more, leave his fingerprints all over the court.
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
MAhmed  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 2:03:30 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Where's Zubi's predictions???

Lagos/Jeddah - Jeddah size and scorers

Kazan/Medina - Kazan added MoShabazz and JHart, and Craig’s gotten off to a great start in his rookie season, almost avg a double double. Medina’s looking like a force as well, but I think the size and strength of Kazan will be too much. One weakness throughout the years with Kazan is their free throw shooting in close games, so if the game is close, Medina may steal it if it comes down to FTs. Very few can keep up with Bilal’s transition game but I don’t see that being much of a factor on the small court, and not sure if Medina’s been playing that style anyways (haven’t seen em play yet).

Damascus/Granada - Granada’s starting off 0-2 at coastal..they’re not worried at all. #winterball2018champs. To anyone hitting the panic button, the Ahmed bro’s just playing with you guys!!! Damascus needs some time to develop an identity as a team

Baghdad/Alexandria - Both teams are kind of similar but Baghdad has the experience

Lahore/Sanaa - Both with big wins last week, going with Lahore this time Omar "the Mansta" Mana will get his

Mombasa/Suba - Mombasa’s revenge game

Kashgar/Dhaka - Kashgar rookies getting hit with a tough schedule to start the season

Jakarta/Palermo - Palermo’s been able to keep their games close, but couldn’t execute in the final minutes. Jakarta shot the ball well week 1, not so well week 2. Will AMP be healthy? we’ll find out

Jerusalem/Islamabad - Islamabad will need a little more time to gel and get the ball movement we were used to last year, but will do enough for the W this week.

Beirut/Cordoba - If Luke is there and healthy I’ll go with Cordoba, if not Beirut.

Tehran/Tripoli - Muj keeps putting in the most efficient games. last week: 18/6/4 on 6-7 from the field. Tehran needs to throw different looks at him and YoShah because they will find the openings. Jean’s an excellent addition and the big man can pass. Tehran had a great game last week, haven’t seem them play but gotta love the fact they racked up 22 assists. Abdelrahman looks like a ROY candidate. But they lost to Lagos week 1. Haven’t seem them play so take this with a grain of salt, but Tripoli with the dub