Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LonzoBall  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 7:27:49 PM(UTC)
LonzoBall

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Approaching with the same attitude as Tex, these are my predictions based on my opinions.
Let's have fun with this, I'll get the ball rollin

BAGHDAD VS MEDINA
I'm expecting a nice, close game outta this one. Medina has a talented squad, but could be a little reliant on the 3, making for some inconsistent performances, but Brandon's presence down low helps that; nonetheless, the defending champs have too many weapons, especially if Tim shows up, and the streak continues. I'll take Baghdad in a close one.

SANAA VS SUBA
Suba played a nice game last week. Let's leave it at that.
Sanaa wins by double digits.
Shoutout Joseph Capone, almost snuck in a triple double last week, strong start for this dude.

DHAKA VS KAZAN
This will be a fun one to watch. Kazan shooting lights out, and are pretty versatile. Dhaka is just more versatile, and more complete. Won't say much more, let's just see how it plays out.
I'll take Dhaka in what could be game of the week.

BUKHARA VS DELHI
Delhi needs George, Ahmad, and Muhanad to get it going, and they need to mesh, and asap.
Bukhara by a ton.

BEIRUT VS CORDOBA
Cordoba's like the only team I haven't watched yet. Looks like they score pretty well, but pacing could be an issue.
Give me their ancestor team in ol'reliable Beirut by a few.

ALEXANDRIA VS JAKARTA
We got a very young group of brothers in Alexandria vs quite the opposite. Ed did an amazing job with some of his newest recruits, and I think their experience, wit, and talent out do a young and learning Alexandria. Alexandria will build chemistry, and Yahya will get over that "rookie slump" if you will, but it won't happen soon enough this week.
Jakarta by double digits.

ISLAMABAD VS GRANADA
Granada continues to miss pieces, and allows for should-be-blowouts to be close games. They need a little more of everything, and especially some serious ball movement, meaning it can't all be one or two guys offensively. Islamabad is interesting, if they could move the ball the way their team is meant to, they could win games. In this one, they match up pretty nice with Granada.
Islamabad by single digits.

LAHORE VS TRIPOLI
Great matchup for Lahore to get back on track. Mana guards Jean, Hassan on Ali, and I don't see anyone else making enough noise to keep up with Moayad. I know Hassan is going to be underrated by the league because his stats don't shout, but a very good defending guard who can do everything pretty well. I think Tripoli's going to have to rely on Jariel and either Connor or Jean heavily. Ali's great, but Hassan defense could surprise him.
Lahore, but not by a whole lot.

AMMAN VS PALERMO
I know Mack and Omar H are their main scorers, but in order for this team to be legitimate, they'll have to find a way to keep Omar A and Ahmad A involved. Palermo came off a horrendous, and unusual offensive outing, look for them to bounce back with a statement win.
Palermo, and by a whole lot.

Edited by moderator Wednesday, February 9, 2022 2:43:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked LonzoBall for this useful post.
chrisTEX on 2/10/2022(UTC)
chrisTEX  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 8:23:43 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Groups: Forum Member
Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello All!

We are back! Power rankings are always fun to read, and kudos to whoever does them, but we all know where the real uncensored feedback is at! I see my last post ruffled some feathers. LOVE TO SEE IT! I am prepared to ruffle more feathers, too.

I was 6-3 with my predictions last week. Not bad. I will take it. My team and I are well aware that these posts put a target on my team's back, and I will say it again, we don't care. I do this to try and bring back the [somewhat respectful] smack talk that once had MB forums the hottest site each week. Lets get it started!

Medina vs Baghdad - "We beat the team that beat the team that beat my cousin's team that beat my BFF's team, so we are better than them." Unfortunately Mr. Charrkas, that isn't how sports works. The Jets beat the Bengals this season. Using that logic -- man, you get it. Anyway, league leading rebounder Brandon Landfair goes against the defending champs this week. I am definitely taking Baghdad in this one. Moe picks it up this game and goes off for 20+. Zubi has to knock down some of those 3s he is taking, and I think he will. I don't think it will be enough. Shoutout to Raj for going off last week, too. Hey Arcenio <3

Suba vs Sana'a - Sana'a wins this game easily. Colin will have a breakout game which will alleviate some of the pressure off Joe. Suba lost a close one last week, and being outrebounded by a whopping 23 boards doesn't help. They start 0-3.

Dhaka vs Kazan - I told y'all I go in order of the schedule! Dhaka took us out first round in the playoffs, so getting to play them again will be exciting. I am sure Moe is hype to get to play his former team. Adding lights out shooter Idris as well as the "do-it-all" player in Zain is huge for Dhaka. With all respect to those two ballers and also one of the nicest guys I've spoken to in MB, Salman, I am going to predict a Kazan victory. Kazan has some newbies too, and they ain't too shabby! This one might be a close one, so I am going to say 112-49 Kazan.

Delhi vs Bukhara - My guy Billal is back! That is what we are used to seeing from him, and Big Little O doing what he does as well. Deeb is a baller. Love to see him banging down low - pause. I think Ahmad (I still refuse to call him Splash) has a much better game this week, but Bukhara still comes out on top. Hey Little Big O, I need a 30 piece! Make it happen.

Beirut vs Cordoba - Boy oh boy. I definitely will be watching this one. Beirut is coming off a tough loss to the defending champs. No Luis, and they still almost won. When Beirut is at full squad they are a force to be reckoned with. My guy Baby Shower Rich shooting a stellar 1-9 from the field this season. I need 12 minimum this week! Cordoba has a plethora of scorers, and are a tough team to guard all around. Other than the Ozorias, they all can shoot the 3 ball well. As long as Beirut has their full squad, give me Beirut in a nail biter. Again, I am biased. I don't care. I got boys on both squads, but.. Shrug

Jakarta vs Alexandria - Kenny! Kenny! Kenny! Kenny!!! Ed is old and washed up! This is Kenny, Nick, and Steve's team. I don't want to see anyone mention Ed anymore! Alexandria might have the toughest schedule this year, and it doesn't get any easier this week. They might not win a game until the last two weeks of the season. Luckily, if they win those two games they will most likely still sneak into the playoffs. It will definitely help if they steal a win in these upcoming weeks.

Islamabad vs Granada - Key to beating Granada - Stop Omar and Moiz. Easier said than done. Islamabad is coming off a tough loss to the talented Cordoba squad, I think they get their first W this week. A lot of Islamabad's points came in garbage time when Cordoba wasn't playing defense, but 7-12 from 3 is great enough to point out, regardless. I see you, Ahmad. Do your thing youngin! He has played in so many seasons that I am not sure he is 16 anymore, but if you are younger than I am (which almost everyone is), than you are still a youngin!

Lahore vs Tripoli - I want to take this time to shoutout Lahore for being good sports about my prediction. It's always all love. Well, unless I don't like you, then it isn't love. Lahore has nothing to worry about though! Tripoli is coming off a really bad 30 point loss. I mentioned Jean was going to go off, so of course Jean wasn't at the game. This week, it might not matter if he is there. Only thing I see that could possibly work for Tripoli is having Jean bring Mana out to defend him with his 3 point shooting so that they can win the rebounding battle, but it still might not be enough. Tripoli won't lose by 30 again, but I have Lahore in a close one.

Palermo vs Amman - This is the last prediction, and I am not going to lie, I am getting kind of tired. I apologize to both teams for writing this lazy prediction, but I will take Palermo here. Sorry, Danny. You are still my guy.

I encourage everyone to comment below. Tell me how you feel! I don't care how you feel, but I would still like everyone else to see it! Also, almost everyone knows me in this league, or at least knows of me. I am a very approachable guy. We are grown. Let's talk! I always have a smile on my face. Smile

Edited by user Thursday, February 10, 2022 2:51:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jojoradi  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 8:30:30 PM(UTC)
Jojoradi

Albania

Thursday will be our first game with the whole squad. Good luck Dhaka
chrisTEX  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 8:36:18 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

Love this! Happy to see others are posting predictions too! Would love to find a way to put them all in the same forum post, but I think the only way to do it would be to comment underneath. Either way, I encourage you to keep doing it!
chrisTEX  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 8:37:18 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

If anyone else is going to post predictions (which are encouraged), comment underneath! I am trying to keep them all on the same link. If anyone knows a better way let me know!
LonzoBall  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2022 12:28:55 AM(UTC)
LonzoBall

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I didn't see your post at the time I posted, otherwise that's what I would have done
billalabbassi  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2022 5:01:40 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Medina vs. Baghdad: I gotta see my guys Brandon Stew and Brandon Land play together and play with the sharp shooters on the outside, more before I can really gauge this team. Malik is a lights out shooter when he feels it, and he gotta get in this one if they wanna win. I can't bet against the defending champs who remain undefeated. Baghdad.

Suba vs. Sana'a: Sana'a. They kicked our butts and they're really balling. Keep up the great work young fellas!

Dhaka vs. Kazan: Closeeee game, gotta tune into this one if you can. Dhaka added a sniper in Idris and a great passing big in Zain. Chris T is dang GM cause Kazan got ballers. Love the vibe around these guys and they play as a unit. John freaken Hart bro. 2nd best shooter in the league, second only to the player becoming the greatest shooter the league has seen, Trav little o. Yo Hart, teach me how to shoot like that brotha, keep balling out. Kazan in a close one.

Delhi vs. Bukhara: Stop playing.

Beirut vs. Cordoba: Beirut lost to the defending champs. Cordoba hasn't lost. Beirut is 2nd in points scored, 12th in points allowed. Cordoba is 4th in points scored and 10th in points allowed. Get your popcorn ready. I got Cordoba, just a feeling.

Jakarta vs. Alexandria: Steve Netti still out, Ed Froogh still out. Alexandria is really struggling. Give me Jakarta... I guess.

Islamabad vs. Granada: Yo Granada, how you have Singer play the game he played and y'all only win by 2? Gotta be a joke. Ahmad Salehhhhh, Sniper keeps on sniping. Aadil brings energy and this team feeds off of it, love the energy here. Islamabad in this one.

Lahore vs. Tripoli: Eggy, Darwish, and Mana all on the same team? This squad is big,and they got Moayad who can score with the best of them. Hassan has some scoring ability and is a very good passer. Khaled S. and Hassan C. got that perimeter on lock. Ali Hassan and Connor Fox need to get Tripoli going. I like Lahore here.

Palermo vs. Amman: Shafic and Towfeek, y'all kidding me? Combined 3-16 from deep? Cmon now, y'all better re-write that script tomorrow. It's a personal challenge for everyone to see from me to you. Turn up, get the W.

Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
thanks 1 user thanked billalabbassi for this useful post.
chrisTEX on 2/10/2022(UTC)
chrisTEX  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 2:52:27 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

Damn Billal, you just going to take ALL of my picks?! Laughing
billalabbassi  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 4:51:58 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hahaha, I didn’t even notice. I did pick Cordoba though lol
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
WDais21  
#10 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2022 4:24:32 AM(UTC)
WDais21

Lonzo Ball spot on w game of the week prediction.. spotted Dhaka 5 points, went down 19 and came back to win. Give Kazan some love!
JayWiggins24  
#11 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2022 7:01:43 AM(UTC)
JayWiggins24

Man
United States

Please stop sleeping on Alexandria 🥱🥱