Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
qman612  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:30:58 AM(UTC)
qman612

Groups: Forum Member

Islamabad/ Cordoba
Palermo/ Mecca
Mombasa/ Tehran - toss up
Cairo/ Amman
Sana'a/ Jakarta
Dhaka/ Suba
Fez/ Beirut
Granada/ Alexandria - toss up
Damascus/ Sarajevo
Kabul/ Delhi
Riyadh/ Istanbul - toss up

Edited by user Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:52:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Himey  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 7:08:35 AM(UTC)
Himey

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Islamabad/ Cordoba: Islamabads hot rn.

Palermo/ Mecca: Palermo can win if they amp up their D.

Mombasa/ Tehran: Battle of the clock wasters. I say Weiss wastes more clock this game.

Cairo/ Amman: Dont sleep on Kareem/Zain combo

Sana'a/ Jakarta: next question

Dhaka/ Suba: Yoiung guys hungry to reclaim their top spot.

Fez/ Beirut: With every week Benjamin Button Froogh will only get younger and better

Granada/ Alexandria : Bernie>>

Damascus/ Sarajevo: Step your game up Humza

Kabul/ Delhi: If Ameed shows up its a wrap.

Riyadh/ Istanbul : They made it to 3rd round last season, theyll pick it up.
Ibrahim Omar
MB Commissioner
commissioner@muslimbasketball.org
aliomari17  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 7:41:53 AM(UTC)
aliomari17

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Himey wrote:
Islamabad/ Cordoba: Islamabads hot rn.

Palermo/ Mecca: Palermo can win if they amp up their D.

Mombasa/ Tehran: Battle of the clock wasters. I say Weiss wastes more clock this game.

Cairo/ Amman: Dont sleep on Kareem/Zain combo

Sana'a/ Jakarta: next question

Dhaka/ Suba: Yoiung guys hungry to reclaim their top spot.

Fez/ Beirut: With every week Benjamin Button Froogh will only get younger and better

Granada/ Alexandria : Bernie>>

Damascus/ Sarajevo: Step your game up Humza

Kabul/ Delhi: If Ameed shows up its a wrap.

Riyadh/ Istanbul : They made it to 3rd round last season, theyll pick it up.

Clock wasters? Come on now, it's our second season and we slowed the tempo one game. That's not really a fair statement. :)

Let's not mention we had this done to us numerous times last season we had to call out the 6 second rule.

Edited by user Thursday, July 20, 2017 7:43:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tayeb.hassan  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 7:54:18 AM(UTC)
tayeb.hassan

Lolll wasting clock and slowing pace are two dif things. All good ali lets jus win and prove pple wrong.
OmarAhmed13  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:29:07 PM(UTC)
OmarAhmed13

Sleeping on Cairo again..... 🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐
ef_128  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:08:37 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Islamabad/ Cordoba
Cordoba is a better team than they appear. Give them another game or two and they'll show teams what they are really made of. But for this week I'm taking Islamabad.

Palermo/Mecca
Mecca knows to focus their defense on Abdul. Jaber should be able to contain him but I wouldn't be surprised if Abdul has another big game.

Mombasa/ Tehran
Rumors are Tehran will be missing some players. Full squads I may have chosen Tehran.

Cairo/ Amman
Amman is looking good. Moayad is getting to the hole easy and Mana is cleaning up the boards. I haven't seen much of Cairo this season but I do know Kareem gonna drop buckets.

Sana'a/ Jakarta
Mo vs Muj .. whaaaaaat .. Game of the week !! Bring your popcorn.

Dhaka/ Suba
Not impressed with Dhaka's play or attendance this season. Suba is not the same team as last year. They are here to win. Slight advantage to Dhaka since they are the champs.

Fez/ Beirut
You already know. FEZ = Summerball '17 Champs !!

Granada/ Alexandria
Young buck Omar Qasim gonna do work. Give the man the ball and move out the way!

Damascus/ Sarajevo
Sarajevo's got the better scorers.

Kabul/ Delhi
Kabul is a gritty team. They can get hot and have been missing Ameed. Has anyone seen Ameed ??

Riyadh/ Istanbul
Two struggling teams. Is this the game where Istanbul turns the corner and up the rankings? Riyadh looks like the better team right now so I gotta go with them.
MAhmed  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 3:22:18 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Islamabad / Cordoba - Islam Abbassi = one of MB’s most underrated
Palermo / Mecca - Mecca has a lot of options on both sides of the court
Mombasa / Tehran - ???
Cairo / Amman - Kareem and Zain are just getting started
Sana'a / Jakarta - Qasim is out which will hurt Sana’a’s overall ball movement and defense
Dhaka / Suba - Obviously I’m gonna go with my squad
Fez / Beirut - Seeing solid team ball from Fez this season
Granada / Alexandria - This should be a good one…feel the Bernnnn
Damascus / Sarajevo - Damascus will have a good strategy to contain Rameez and company
Kabul / Delhi - Good game for Q to get Kabul on track. Is Deeb still suspended?
Riyadh / Istanbul - I’m expecting a strong game from Riyadh here
kaliph_t  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 7:41:38 PM(UTC)
kaliph_t

Islamabad / Cordoba - I think this will be a close game, Córdoba is better than their record says.
Palermo / Mecca - If Anas doesn't play I think Palermo will win
Mombasa / Tehran - Tough D and high IQ players, I consider Tehran a top tier team this year
Cairo / Amman - Amman has more weapons
Sana'a / Jakarta - inshaAllah lol
Dhaka / Suba - Rooting for Suba in this one
Fez / Beirut - good O and good D beats good O and bad D
Granada / Alexandria - Alexandria is a top tier team, still not sold on Granada
Damascus / Sarajevo - going solely on last 2 games
Kabul / Delhi - rooting for Delhi in this one
Riyadh/ Istanbul - idk
Kaka_From_Dhaka  
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 10:02:06 PM(UTC)
Kaka_From_Dhaka

Islamabad vs. Cordoba

Islamabad takes it 58-50

Palermo vs. Mecca

Mecca takes it 58-54

Mombasa vs. Tehran

Mombasa takes it 61-57

Cairo vs Amman

Amman take its 50-42

Sana'a vs. Jakarta

Jakarta takes it 49-48

Dhaka vs. Suba

Dhaka takes it 57-53

Fez vs Beirut

Fez takes it 65-60

Granada vs. Alexandria

Alexandria takes it 65-54

Damascus vs. Sarajevo

Sarajevo takes it 59-57

Kabul vs. Delhi

Kabul takes it 57-42

Riyadh vs. Istanbul

Riyadh takes it 55-45

Good luck to everyone this weekend

Edited by user Friday, July 21, 2017 1:02:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Just stay in Yo lane friends"
billalabbassi  
#10 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 8:48:05 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Islamabad/ Cordoba- Not going to predict my game

Palermo/ Mecca- Mecca really struggled last week to get any offense going against Tehran without their star player in Anas Zubi. If they want to win this game, they need to bring it on the offensive end. Jaber Jaber is going to have a handful to cover in Abdul. I would go with Palermo if they play some defense, but 2 weeks in, they rank dead last in defensive Points Allowed per game. Mecca wins.

Mombasa/ Tehran – Heard that Tehran will be missing some of their key guys. Raza got it going last week, and if he could keep it up, Mombasa should take this one.
Cairo/ Amman- Moayad is averaging 21 PPG on 56 percent shooting. Wow. The man doesn’t get enough credit for his game. When you’re scoring that much and shooting that well, you should be in the top 5 MVP ladder. I don’t see Cairo stopping a force that strong while keeping a guy like Mana off the boards. Moayad will get his and his team will get the dub.

Sana'a/ Jakarta- I heard from a reliable source that Mujkarta will be missing this game. If Mujtaba isn’t playing and Mo Amin is, Sana’a should win this one. Mo Amin could score in the half court and runs the floor. He’s also a good defender. Mo Amin should have an outing this week.

Dhaka/ Suba- They’re looking to bounce back after their loss last week. That was their first loss since week 8 last season. I talked to a few players on Dhaka and they’re hungry. They’re going to bring the tenacity needed to pull this one off.

Fez/ Beirut- Fez has good offense but their defense is non-existent. Beirut has good offense and good defense. Fez ranks 3rd in PPG but 18th in Points Allowed. Beirut ranks 4th is PPG and 3rd in Points Allowed. The better defense will win this game, and Beirut has the better defense.

Granada/ Alexandria – I don’t know if Singer is going to play but I still like the “Big 3” of Qasem and the Ahmad Bros. Alexandris is a top tier team but Granada lost by 2 points last week and I think they’ll come in real hungry. They’re the underdogs and I know Qasem and Co. are coming full force into this one.

Damascus/ Sarajevo- Sarajevo are 17th in PPG and 16th in Points Allowed. That’s not a good combination. Damascus is 20th in PPG but 6th in Points allowed. Damascus doesn’t have a great offensive game, but their defense will lead them to victory.

Kabul/ Delhi- Same reasoning I had Delhi losing last week. Muhanad is still suspended and Ahmad “Splash” Abdelghani is still too young. Once they’re both available, this shouldn’t be a team opponents want to go up against. No updates on Ameed, he’s still MIA.

Riyadh/ Istanbul – I don’t know what’s going on with Istanbul. They had 2 losses all last season and already have 2 losses in the first 2 weeks of this season. Ricardo can play and Riyadh has some talent, but I think Istanbul will finally turn the corner this season.

Edited by user Friday, July 21, 2017 8:49:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
JohnHartenfels  
#11 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 12:15:20 PM(UTC)
JohnHartenfels

3rd in scoring .. and 4th in points against.... Beirut -4.5 ... the refs will keep it close.
wahmad1992  
#12 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 8:46:27 PM(UTC)
wahmad1992

Palermo vs. Mecca- I dont know if Anas will be back this week but even without him, I think Mecca get thier first win of the season and keeps Palermo winless, unless Abdul can top 48.

Cairo vs. Amman- Game will be close but i think Cairo pulls this one out. Dont think Omar Mana will be there so thats why Im leaning Cairo. They have some pesty defense up top.

Riyadh vs Istanbul- Somehow both of these teams are 0-2. I have to go with Riyadh because I think their still a very underrated team. Battle of the bigs!

Jakarta vs Sanaa- Word has it that Muj will not be in attendance so this ones an easy pick for me. Sanaa remains undefeated.

Tehran vs Mombasa- This ones a tough call as Tehran is also underrated but Im gonna side with Mombasa this week.

Kabul vs. Delhi- Kabul should handle business and I cant choose Delhi until they show the league that they can compete.

Fez vs. Beirut- Every Fez game seems to be high scoring. Beirut wins this one, they always have the advantage cause of their fans in the stands!

Cordoba vs Islamabad- Havent gotten a chance to watch Islamabad play but I know they are a good team who have awesome chemistry and communication. Should be a decently close game but i think Islamabad handles business.

Damascus vs Sarajevo- I think the youngsters will come through and get the dub.

Suba vs Dhaka- Suba is a much better team this season but as long as all the players on Dhaka show, I dont believe Suba has a chance.

Alexandria vs Granada- Alexandria is one of the best offensive teams in the league and there hard to stop. Granada has been playing well and dont even have thier point guard for the first three weeks. Thier gonna be hungry tomorrow after a heartbreaker against jakarta. Game of the week. Granada all day.

Edited by user Friday, July 21, 2017 8:50:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kaka_From_Dhaka  
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 12:59:10 PM(UTC)
Kaka_From_Dhaka

8-4 on the day

Apologies to the players on Sana, Hell of a game you guys played. I had the game much closer but you guys are coming together. The defensive efficiency today was amazing. If they didnt turn it over 16 times, it could of been a 30 burger. Shout out to Mo and Raied for playing both ends of the court. Sana is for real

Also I think Dhaka took a step up today into securing the 3 peat. A lot of us had that game a lot closer being one of their stars players was out. Ameer jumped out the gym going 9 of 23 with mid range/points in the paint and if he didnt clean it up on the boards his right hand man ilyas had his back. I like to see a team face adversity early in the season, and overcome. Nice job Dhaka

Fez turned some heads today as a 6 point underdog heading into saturdays game the hack ahhh mingo was in effect. Still with a double double Jon had a hard time getting into a rhythm. The game plan for Fez paid off today and we have to say they are team to watch now in the league. My super team strong forward Edriss brought his tool box today and absolutely destroyed the box score. 7 of 10 from three, hand down....man down.

Shout to Riyadhs Ahmed and Ricardo

They turned it over 14 times but still won by 10. Other team couldnt get any points in the paint. These 2 also had 5 blocks between them.

Islamabad is a sleeper team, they had 5 guys in double figures. Theres no blue print for them. You cant really take away their offensive. Anyone can score on that starting 5
wahmad1992  
#14 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 2:15:59 PM(UTC)
wahmad1992

A piece of advice for you and the rest of the league. Don't doubt Granada.
Kaka_From_Dhaka  
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 3:26:49 PM(UTC)
Kaka_From_Dhaka

Granada is solid but kind of like the Kansas City Chiefs of this league. Middle of the pact. Never going to get the respect they deserve. Going to win but not going to wow you. Well coached, 3 solid players. Need to shoot it a little better. 3-18 and 4-14 from the floor aint going to get it done in the playoffs. Still a solid team.
wahmad1992  
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 9:08:47 PM(UTC)
wahmad1992

3-18 and 4-14, an off shooting day for our 2 best players and still got the win against a top 3-4 team in the league? A team that put up 69 and 65 the first 2 weeks and get held to 46 points while holding the " MVP candidate" Bernie to 4 points on 2-8 shooting? Not to mention Granada does not have their point guard (Singer) until week 4 who will only make us more of a threat. (Love the chiefs comparison though lol almost spot on)