Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Malik Zubi  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 2:12:54 PM(UTC)
Malik Zubi

Groups: Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
After an exciting week 1, I struck out on a handful of games. But again this is just for a fun read. Week 2 where ya at?!?!?!?!

Dhaka vs. Istanbul
Dhaka looked good, not great but good in their week 1 win. Farzad and Koyas were each very efficient. Defensively they were stout, forcing Mecca to 20 turnovers and not allowing anyone to get into a rhythm offensively. They have shown in the past that they are a proven offensive team but they seem more focus on the other end of the floor. On the other hand, tough to beat Dhaka with 5, never mind 3 players. Istanbul needs their team to show up and play. Dhaka still wins.

Sana'a vs. Beirut
Beirut proved me wrong last week with an opening week win over the defending champs and should have a much easier task on their hand this week against Sana'a. Nick and Jon got theirs and only a matter of time until Hart puts up 15 or so. I see a big game coming from Mingo tihis week, one perhaps of player of the week consideration. Sana'a was missing their captain and best defender in AR, but I don't know if this team has enough on offense to compete with the juggernauts of the league.

Kazan vs. Sarajevo
DAMN PAT, don't do em like that. MVP comes back and drops 48??? 48 is very impressive and it did not disrupt the game flow or team's chemistry. I suggest Rameez glued to Pat all day and making the star work for his points. But again wow 103! Sarajevo brought back fan favorite Leonard Lee and he did not disappoint, scoring 22 in his comeback campaign. Leonard and crew will need to hit their shots and not turn the ball over in order to keep this game competitive. Oh yeah and that guy Frank can score too, and he might have something to say about all that.

Lahore vs. Granada
The defending champs went down last week, but in their defense they were without their star pg. Sources say Singer could be missing week 2 as well as he awaits a new contract, or whatever he wants from captain Ammar Mustafa. Lahore is coming off a heartbreaking defeat via Kareem Ahmad's ankle breaking move leading to a game winning assist. Young buck Moayad did not have a game of his standards, and should take advantage of a Singerless Granada team. Lahore gets the win.

Cordoba vs. Jakarta
ED vs. Jabby!!!! Should be a good one. Ed still recovery from an offseason ankle injury while taking his cake out of the oven, and Jaber is looking for his second 10 day contract with Cordoba. Speaking of contracts anybody check Kenny Z score 25 on 50% shooting?!?! Kenny can get hot and win his team a game on his own, he’s as good as it gets! I do still think this team will need Luke in order to compete and remain relevant. I wonder if the Omar brothers play this week, stay tuned.

Mombasa vs. Jerusalem
Mombasa avoided a week 1 scare and outlasted Delhi last week from a great performance from Raza. Masri is considered a top 3 point shooter in this league and Sadat is the perfect floor general for this uptempo offense. I don't see Mombasa eclipsing a 100 but 70 could be in range. Side note, Firass Abbassi had a great game mA.

Fez vs. Suba
No one on Fez can guard Aymen next question.

Cairo vs. Timbuktu
Both teams coming of a loss and one team has no box score, so flip a coin.

Alexandria vs. Tehran
Tehran got a great performance from their big 2 of Jake and Amin. "If it aint broke don't fix it" should be their motto until proven otherwise.

Islamabad vs. Mecca
won't predict my own game BUT we are missing Ammar, Anas and Khalil soooo yeah.

Baghdad vs. Kabul
Abdelhadi for MVP? How about president?

Delhi vs. Riyadh
game of the week? yeah why not? Two solid backcourts, Two solid front courts, two teams that take pride in their defense. This game will come down to the wire, and I think whoever has the ball last wins this game. Coin toss.

Edited by user Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:55:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MAhmed  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 8:22:16 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Dhaka vs. Istanbul
Won’t predict my game

Sana'a vs. Beirut
If Imran brothers get hot this can get interesting but overall Beirut’s got that chemistry and looked strong last week, so going with them

Kazan vs. Sarajevo
Sarajevo’s going far this year. Looked really good last week against a top notch Cordoba squad. Rameez, Mike and LL picked up where they left 2 seasons ago. They'll need to play a physical game against Kazan and I think they’re up for it..Sarajevo for the win!

Lahore vs. Granada
Granada will regroup and get up to 500. If they lose they won’t care anyways the champs are more comfortable at 15 seed lol. Last week Mana with 23 rebounds tho??!!

Cordoba vs. Jakarta
I knew something was off this year…no Muj and YoShah??? Dang. Ed put together a pretty well rounded squad but I don’t think they can hang against a stacked Cordoba team

Mombasa vs. Jerusalem
Mombasa looked great with Raza and Sadat doing their thing, and pick up Pete Brown dominating the paint without breaking a sweat. They should be fine here

Fez vs. Suba
Suba trying to build off last season and get that #1 spot and a playoff run. Don’t know much about Fez but based off last week’s score they’re in for a challenge (although they picked up a much needed big). Suba for the win.

Cairo vs. Timbuktu
If AMP and Goldberg are there it’s a wrap, if not they take the L

Alexandria vs. Tehran
Caught a little of the Alexandria/Suba game and they got off to a rough start and couldn’t recover. I’m going with Tehran here but don’t be surprised if Alexandria steals one with team rebounding and defense

Islamabad vs. Mecca
Zain and Bilal look like they’ve been playing together for years. Then again, playing 5 on 4 can do that. Islamabad is a well put together team that’ll go far this season, although having another big would’ve helped. Mecca played a solid game last week, had some shots that looked good but just didn’t drop. Going with Islamabad

Baghdad vs. Kabul
Who’s gonna stop Abdelhadi? Not this week

Delhi vs. Riyadh
I think Riyadh is overall a stronger team