Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ef_128  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 11:52:48 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Make your choices for this week's matchups:

Islamabad / Dhaka
Palermo / Fez
Mecca / Tehran
Damascus / Amman
Sana'a / Cordoba
Istanbul / Suba
Mombasa / Sarajevo
Riyadh / Alexandria
Jakarta / Granada
Beirut / Delhi
Kabul / Cairo

Our writers are hard at work!
- Don't forget to check out the KP MVP LADDER.
- Player of the Week.
- 'Power Rankings' is being worked on.

Edited by user Thursday, July 13, 2017 12:00:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

billalabbassi  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 4:45:04 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Islamabad/Dhaka- I won't predict my game
Palermo/Fez- Fez takes it. Jason Weiss hurts Palermo down-low
Mecca/Tehran- Anas Zubi is injured, but if his brother Malik can have a repeat performance from last week they'll take this game.
Damascus/Amman- Amman will give Damascus their first loss of the season. Damascus won't find a way to keep Moayad out of the paint and Mana off the boards.
Sana'a/Cordoba- Hamza Saleh is injured and I dont know if Raied is back yet. I don't know much about Cordoba to make a prediction.
Istanbul/Suba- Istanbul is simply too big for this team playing 5 players over 6'2.
Mombasa/Sarajevo- I don't know any of the players on Sarajevo.
Riyadh/Alexandria- Will Khalil debut this week?- I don't know. I like the Masri bros on Alexandria however. I'm going to take Alexandria for this one.
Jakarta/Granada- Omar Singer won't play this week but Granada still has Qasem and the Ahmad Bros. This game could go either way because of the simple fact that Jakarta has Mujtaba and Jawad to play alongside him. Should be a fun one.
Beirut/Delhi- Muhanad Deeb is still suspended and Ahmad Abdelghani will have to sit this one out as well for Delhi. This gives Jonathon Mingo and his squad the upper hand. Nick Marquez can also shoot.
Kabul/Cairo- Haven't heard if Ameed Awadeh will play this game, either way, I'm going to put my money on Kabul. They're a team that have played together for seasons and have chemistry. Oh and btw, they still have Hamza Elsammak.

Edited by user Thursday, July 13, 2017 4:45:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
Ammar Zidat  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 9:55:53 PM(UTC)
Ammar Zidat

Islamabad / Dhaka - No explanation needed.
Palermo / Fez - Abdul is an amazing scorer but a one man offense isn't enough to take down the Ed & Jason duo, with the DPOY Ahmad "Cookies" Saleh.
Mecca / Tehran - Anas is out, and based off of there last week performance I think they'll open some eyes and take this one home.
Damascus / Amman - Ahmad sehwail back this week, but this'll be Ammans 2nd win.
Sana'a / Cordoba - If Mohammed Amin plays the way he did last week then this game is over.
Istanbul / Suba - Like Bilal put it. Height.
Mombasa / Sarajevo - Nothing like a bounce back win.
Riyadh / Alexandria - Potent offense by the Masri Bros & Co.
Jakarta / Granada - M u j t a b a
Beirut / Delhi - Delhi missing some players so this should be Beiruts game
Kabul / Cairo - Cant bet against Hamza.
ef_128  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 7:54:38 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
i have a prediction:

Islamabad will beat the 2x defending champs

Edited by user Friday, July 14, 2017 7:55:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MAhmed  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 8:15:39 AM(UTC)
MAhmed

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Islamabad/Dhaka - Obvious
Fez/Palermo - Whoa just noticed Fez picked up Idris - overall a stronger team
Tehran/Mecca - This is a tough one. Didn't see the game but Tehran took down Jakarta gotta give them some respect for that. Anas is injured but I think Malik and Ammar will step up. Also Jaaber and Irfan excellent additions to the team.
Damascus/Amman - Amman’s Moaya and Omar “the Mantssaa” Mana combo will be too tough to contain
Cordoba/Sana’a - Haven’t seen Cordoba play, but saw Sana'a last week and Qasim has them clicking. Also Mo has a little extra motivation thanks to the forum LOL
Istanbul/Suba - Respect due to Suba for handing Mombasa the L on opening day, but don’t think they match up well against Istanbul
Mombasa/Sarajevo - Raza/Sadat/Weiss & Company aren’t about to lose 2 in a row. Rameez had a huge game, but I think the team needs time to gel
Riyadh/Alexandria - Alexandria once again has a strong team but I see some matchup problems that Riyadh will likely take advantage of
Jakarta/Granada - Game of the week. Gonna have to go with Granada on this one - too much firepower. Plus I think Jakarta may be missing a couple guys
Beirut/Delhi - Giving this one to Beirut over a short handed Delhi
Kabul/Cairo - Kabul but will be closer than what you may think
MAhmed  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 8:17:41 AM(UTC)
MAhmed

ef_128 wrote:
i have a prediction:

Somebody needs to hide Bilal's lucky headband and we'll be alright lol
kaliph_t  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 12:02:03 PM(UTC)
kaliph_t

Islamabad / Dhaka - Great matchup. Islamabad got much better with Omar Abbassi joining the team, giving them a much needed down low presence, and just an overall veteran, high basketball IQ addition who can keep them composed when games get tough. Islam & Fursan will play hard as always but the big difference is Billal. I've been watching him since last year and he keeps getting bigger and better. He's quick and an opportunistic scorer. Islamabad should start to give him more opportunities on offense and I think he'd come through for them. I don't need to say much about Dhaka, probably the most well-rounded team in the league. Great guards and a strong post game, you can't make any mistakes if you want to beat them. Defense will decide this one but I give the nod to Dhaka because I think matchup wise they have more offensive talent.

Palermo / Fez - Abdul Mutaleb will light it up like always for Palermo, especially against a non-defensive minded team like Fez (although this did pick up a few nice additions), but he doesn't seem to have anyone else around him to help score. Fez being the veteran team they are with good guard play and Jason down low should pull out this win relatively easily.

Mecca / Tehran - Mecca is a top offensive team with the Zubi brothers (although I'm not sure if Anas is playing), plus Jaber Jaber who was a great pick up. Something about Tehran though makes me think they can beat anyone on any given week. They play tough defense and picked up a few new players who look like they can score. I give Tehran this win because I'm not sure how Mecca will react to not having Anas on the floor and Tehran's tough defense could exploit that.

Damascus / Amman - Don't know much about Damascus but they seem like a young team with some decent scorers who can play good defense. I still think Moayad's scoring, Omar Mana being a complete freak down low, and what looks like their improved team chemistry this year will be too much for a new team like Damascus. I give the nod to Amman.

Sana'a / Cordoba - Not going to predict my own game but Sana'a will be without Qasim & Salman, and with an injured Hamza. Cordoba looks to have scorers but Sana'a being a top defensive team can mostly neutralize them, although we'll see how good defensively they are without Qasim & Salman. Raied and Mo need to put the offense on their backs if they want to come out with a win.

Istanbul / Suba - Istanbul is too big, too long, and has too many scorers for Suba to compete. They should focus on not getting blown out in this one.

Mombasa / Sarajevo - Don't know much about Sarajevo but it looks like Rameez Khizer can ball. Mombasa is too talented to lose this one though, as long as their players show up.

Riyadh / Alexandria - Already a top offensive team, they went out and picked up another scorer. Haven't seen Riyadh play but they box score from last week isn't very impressive. Gotta go with Alexandria.

Jakarta / Granada - An already top defensive team with the addition of Muj for much needed offensive output makes them the favorite. I'm not that sold on Granada as I feel tough D can really fluster them, which is what Jakarta specializes in. I think Jakarta takes this one relatively comfortably.

Beirut / Delhi - Delhi needs a lot of work on offense and defense. Beirut should take this one easily.

Kabul / Cairo - Kabul seems like a tough team with good scorers and a good defense. Ahmed Farag (if it's the same Ahmed who plays DE for Boonton Bounty Hunters in JAMS) will give any team a tough matchup. Cairo doesn't seem very impressive after their game last week. Kabul takes this one.
billalabbassi  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 10:29:55 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Ammar Zidat wrote:
Palermo / Fez - Abdul is an amazing scorer but a one man offense isn't enough to take down the Ed & Jason duo, with the DPOY Ahmad "Cookies" Saleh.
Mecca / Tehran - Anas is out, and based off of there last week performance I think they'll open some eyes and take this one home.
Sana'a / Cordoba - If Mohammed Amin plays the way he did last week then this game is over.

I kind of want an explanation please.
billalabbassi  
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 10:32:48 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

MAhmed wrote:
ef_128 wrote:
i have a prediction:

You guys made a big mistake not hiding that headband lol, its the wind beneath my wings. Btw, I guess the outcome of the game wasn't so obvious after all.
MAhmed  
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 11:31:09 AM(UTC)
MAhmed

billalabbassi wrote:
Ammar Zidat wrote:

I kind of want an explanation please.

My bro when you're back to back explanations are never needed :)
MAhmed  
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 11:33:18 AM(UTC)
MAhmed

billalabbassi wrote:
MAhmed wrote:
ef_128 wrote:
i have a prediction:

You guys made a big mistake not hiding that headband lol, its the wind beneath my wings. Btw, I guess the outcome of the game wasn't so obvious after all.

Lol I was *this* close to ripping that thing off your head when we lined up for free throws!! you were all over the court today.

Hats off to Islamabad very well played. Teams put on notice, be ready to match the energy this team brings. On another note, Big up to Big O for finding a lost contact lens of Dhaka player. He could’ve minded his own business and let Salman sit out - nothing says MB like that act by O.
Big O  
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2017 4:59:44 AM(UTC)
Big O

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
MAhmed wrote:
On another note, Big up to Big O for finding a lost contact lens of Dhaka player. He could’ve minded his own business and let Salman sit out - nothing says MB like that act by O.

On that play we both went for the ball I think my arm caught him in the head. I thought he was hurt, alhamdulillah it was just a contact lens. I knocked it out, least I could do was help him find it.

I can see why you guys are 2x defending champs. Smart team, 14 and 8 are really good all around players, Salman really made me work all game and knows the subtle things about sliding into rebounding position and playing off the drive and dish. Mairaj you had a surprisingly soft touch on your mid range. Very well balanced team mA. Game was closer than the final score would suggest.
#16 Areeha
Kaka_From_Dhaka  
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2017 1:17:04 PM(UTC)
Kaka_From_Dhaka

The thing about Dhaka is they were definitely exposed yesterday. Teams need to start focusing on taking Ilyas out of the paint. Matching him up with a bigger man that can shoot the ball. His weakness is his lateral movement side to side. Still a good defender but in on ball situations you should be able to get your shot off on ilyas at any time. You cant take away the 2 titles dhaka has won. Definitely a dynasty in the league but they were exposed yesterday. I can see the championship run coming to an end.
"Just stay in Yo lane friends"