Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Malik Zubi  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 7:23:33 PM(UTC)
Malik Zubi

Groups: Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Week 2 came and went. Exciting basketball, and great statistically performances. Prayers out to the brother on Fez, May Allah swt grant you sheefa and a speedy recovery. Here are your week 3 predictions.

Suba vs. Sana'a - two teams heading in different directions to start the season. Suba took care of Fez behind Aymen's 24. Faraz had a solid game contributing 14 of his own, and Suba controlled the tempo of the game without turning the ball over. Usually thats a formula for success. Sana'a did get their captain back but this team is lacking a proven offensive weapon. Umar Imran is averaging 15.5 ppg and him maintaining that average over a 10 game season could play an intricate role in Sana'a's success. At the end of the day Suba wins this weeks opener.

Timbuktu vs. Cordoba - After Timbuktu got Abdul'ed (copyright and print) they head into week 3 playing a even better Cordoba team. Shafic Itani had a great game and a very efficient one too. 25 points on better than 50% is tough to do. He will need more from his teammates to keep this week's matchup competitive. On the Cordoba side, Kenny, Kenny, Kenny. 29 points on 60% shooting at age 39!!!!! He was hot and led his team from a come from behind victory. This is a team that gets contribution's from all their guys and should dominate once again this week.

Kabul vs. Alexandria - WOW Kabul got 24 from a got not named Abdelhadi. Mohammad still did his thing with 20 points and 15 rebounds but if they can find a consistent 2nd scorer to play alongside the GOAT this team is championship bound. Alexandria, led by 17 from Colin had a heartbreaking defeat and come into week 3, looking to avoid an 0-3 start. But I see Abdelhadi and crew getting their drake on and turning that 0-2 into an 0-3.

Jakarta vs. Riyadh- Jakarta was up 18 points last week. Then lost by 18. They will be without Edriss but that should result in more shots for Netti, Frank and Jason. Riyadh is looking to bounce back after playing a very tough defensive team in Jakarta, and should capitalize this week. If this game is played at a fast pace, Riyadh should have no problem.

Sarajevo vs. Fez - Fez is in trouble. Leonard Lee goes for 30.

Lahore vs. Delhi - I am very surprised to see that Lahore is without a win. Moayad and Hosam are a solid duo, and Mana is a rebounding machine. Delhi knows who they are up against and won't let friendships get in the way of stomping on their opponent's throats. Deeb - Hosam, Moayad - Jawad are the matchup to keep an eye on. I think little Abdelghani breaks out this week after two uncharacteristic games from the young buck.

Granada vs. Dhaka - battle of the past two MB champs. Anwar recovering from a sprained ankle, but big bro Waqas took care of work last week. I don't believe Granada will have their floor general back this week but I don't see that hurting them. I think they match up perfectly with the 3 time champs, and should make this contest a good one. Great games from Farzad and Koyas last week, but they will need to put up similar stat lines this week to give their teams a chance to win this week. The team that has won a chip will win this week.

Istanbul vs. Jerusalem - Istabul will and should get a win this week.

Mombassa vs. Islamabad - GAME OF THE WEEK. Both teams coming off of dismantling their opponents. Mombassa did their job against a slower and oder Jerusalem team, and Islamabad ripped out Mecca's souls. Raza and Masri with stellar games and rumor has it that Pete Brown is waiting til week 3 to showcase his full skillset. But when you play a family of brothers who know each other's games, who love to play defense and share the basketball you are at a disadvantage. S/O to Billal Abbassi with a career high 25 points, STDWSI.

Mecca vs. Tehran - not predicting my own game but jeez we need a damn W.

Baghdad vs. Beirut - Cmon Mingo I predicted a player of the week performance from you, and all you give us is 16 and 12? Bruh, we want to see 20 and 20 lol. Baghdad, a squad of 10 deep but got some real ballers in Brown and Amir. Should be another wire to wire game, but lets keep the forum juicy and go with the underdog.

Kazan vs. Cairo - Patrick vs. Abdul, battle of the best two scorers in the league. Kazan has the better supporting cast and that usually amounts to wins.

Edited by moderator Monday, July 2, 2018 8:43:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mastaweiss  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 8:03:35 PM(UTC)
mastaweiss

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I had some words for that Pete shot. Someone had me delete it. Keep up the good work.
billalabbassi  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 9:28:55 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Suba/Sana'a- I just feel like Suba knows itself more than Sana'a. I feel like the Sana'a players are trying to figure out what direction they want to take this team, who the main man is going to be, and who the leader is. AR is the leader on defense, but who will take the lead on offense? We are yet to figure that out and I don't think Sana'a even knows that yet.

Timbuktu/Cordoba- Timbuktu have some solid players who could go off any given night. However, Cordoba has a lot more experience. I think Cordoba's experience leads them to victory this week.

Kabul/Alexandria- Kabul has a top 3 player of all time on their roster. They also fill that roster with a few other solid players who have played together before and have chemistry. Alexandria lacks that chemistry right now, they have skill, just have to get to know each other on the basketball court a little bit more.

Jakarta/Riyadh- I really don't know who is going to play for Jakarta. Ed is out. Himey, Omar Elsamna, and Yusef Froogh are yet to play this season. Steve Netti could ball and Jason Weiss brings veteran leadership. This is a tough call.

Sarajevo/Fez- Fez played a better game in week 2 than week 1. They're getting better, but they just chuck up unnecessary shots. They have to move the ball more, attach and kick out, penetrate the defense, and get back on the defensive side of the ball. Until they figure out their miscue's, they'll be having a tough time on the hardwood.

Lahore/Delhi- I like what Delhi is doing. Like I said from week 1, I think Delhi has a great team. Ahmad "Splash" Abdelghani is getting his rythm, and Muhanad Deeb brings the fire. Jawad Tamimi is a defensive juggernaut who can really slow down one of Lahore is top players in Moayad Abulhuda. Moayad will get his, but if he wants to give his team a shot in this game, he has to be a PG and create the offense, create for others.

Granada/Dhaka- Granada made a few changes in the off-season and they're still trying to make this team work. I won't count them out, especially after winning the Chip being the 15th seed. Omar Singer is really hurting his team by not showing up, they need him for defensive purposes in particular. Dhaka has the chemistry and experience, and that's all it takes to win.

Istanbul/Jerusalem- Istanbul haven't been playing well, but this is the week to figure thingz out. Jerusalem is struggling mightly, Omar Abbassi is going to have to step-up and be the man for them.

Mombasa/Islamabad- Not going to predict my own game. However, rumor has it that Pete Brown is holding back until week 3 to really give it all he got.-Reported by Muslimbasketball insider, Malik Zubi. I guess we'll have to wait and see. #STDWSI

Mecca/Tehran- This is the week Mecca finally figures it out. They haven't been playing to their full potential thus far. Najib hasn't played to his full potential, but got thingz going late last game. (A little too late Cool ) Qasem has to take initiative and take games over when Najib gets to into foul trouble. (Like he did last game Big Grin ) Malik HAS to be the x-factor. Mo Amin has to be better than he was in week 2 for Tehran. Ali Omari has to show up.

Baghdad/Beirut- Mingo is Mingo, and I want ALL Beirut players to recognize that we do put respect on the mans name. The dude can ball, and if I remember correctly, has had a triple-double one game, and he's a champion. (At least i put respect on his name). Nick can get HOT at any time. Baghdad gave up too many points last game. They'll have to lock up if they want to win this one.

Kazan/Cairo- Great game, Kazan has Frank and Patrick. Cairo has Abdul and Goldberg. 2 really good teams with some great players. Cairo also has Topspeed, but I think Kazan has more "depth". Better rotational players, and that leads them to the W.
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
MAhmed  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 4:22:44 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Malik Zubi Go to Quoted Post
Prayers out to the brother on Fez, May Allah swt grant you sheefa and a speedy recovery

AMEEN

Suba vs. Sana'a - Looks like Sana'a's having a tough time jelling. Meanwhile Suba is rolling through opponents and FA's fit nicely into their system. I don't see them being stopped this week.

Timbuktu vs. Cordoba - The young boys from Timbuktu got some talent however Cordoba’s big 3 of Kenny, Luke and Jaber will be too much

Kabul vs. Alexandria - If Kabul can consistently have 2nd and 3rd scoring options like they did on Sunday then it's a problem for any team standing in their way.

Jakarta vs. Riyadh- Riyadh let a winnable game slip away.  Games like these will determine whether they'll be middle of the road team, or else a top 5 - which they have the individual talent to be. I think they come out hungry and get the W against EdKarta which will be missing Ed anyways

Sarajevo vs. Fez - I haven’t seen Fez play but based on their previous losses gotta go with Sarajevo

Lahore vs. Delhi - Didn't expect Lahore to be 0-2 at this point, but both games were competitive and it's not like they're planning poorly. I think they come out strong for the win in this one.

Granada vs. Dhaka - Always a competitive game against the brothers Granada - won't predict

Istanbul vs. Jerusalem - Istanbul's got some shooters! I think they get a much needed W this week as they hope to turn the young season around

Mombassa vs. Islamabad - Tough one here. I'm a big fan of Islamabad and think they'll go far this season, but boy it's tough not to pick Mombassa. Raza and Sadat are in midseason form and Elias is one of those guys whose stats don't stand out, but he makes a big impact and the kid can jump out the gym, and of course Pete/Weiss holding it down for the bigs.

Mecca vs. Tehran - Tehran is a strong team, but I see some matchup issues that Mecca can definitely exploit. The have one of the best rim predictors in Ammar, and some weapons in OQ, Anas and Malik. I think they put together a complete game here and make a statement

Baghdad vs. Beirut - Baghdad has 1 season under their belt and the chemistry is getting there, I like the ball movement I'm seeing.  However Beirut has someone by the name of Nick aka the silent assassin, he plays very well off Mingo and doesn't need a lot of space to get his shot off. Add in a supporting cast that takes quality shots, and that equals a win for Beirut

Kazan vs. Cairo - Should be a good one.  Kazan's got MVP Pat along with a solid supporting cast. AMP, Goldberg and Company have their chance to put Cairo on the map. They’ll need someone who can knock down open shots and Adrian’s gonna have to stay hot. You know what I need to pick at least 1 upset a week, so here it is...Cairo for the win.
Shabazz12  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 12:57:54 AM(UTC)
Shabazz12

Honestly yall better be afraid of Granada..... they got swag