Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ef_128  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2011 10:53:15 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
1 Damascus
9 Medina

2 Bukhara
7 Kabul

3 Mecca
11 Islamabad

4 Istanbul
5 Fez
AR  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 7:46:52 AM(UTC)
AR

Damascus vs Medina
I expect both of these teams to bring their full squads, and if they do, this game will be one for the ages. I wholly believe Medina has what it takes to not only win this game but win it all. They have the personnel to defend Damascus's big three, so I think this game will come down to which team is patient enough to take good shots and also which team will hustle more. From what I've seen historically, I think Medina, as a team, holds the edge in both of those intangibles, so I'm going with the upset victory of 8th seed over 1st seed (which is actually pretty common in MB).

Bukhara vs Kabul
This is another upset in the making. If Waleed Gabr is there to coach, I think this will be a close one, given his team's volatile nature when he's not there. Farhad Babury is the key to this game. He needs to stay healthy from beginning to end, and he will get his. Bad news for Bukhara - the sleeping giant Mujtaba Shahsamand has finally woken this season, so Raied (assuming that will be the defensive matchup) will have his work cut out for him. I think this game will either be close or a blowout, with Kabul winning either way.

Mecca vs Islamabad
Islamabad has shown true grit all season, with impressive showings despite a thin bench. Unfortunately for them, so has Mecca, which expects only 5 to show up for every game. Islamabad has no pressure on them, which will help them play loose and make things more competitive than one would expect. However, in a matchup of the lowest scoring team versus an opponent that allows the fewest points, it will not be an easy task. If the game is close, I expect Mecca to still be able to close out with the ball in either Ahmed Elfayoumi or Mustafa Abbassi's hands.

Istanbul vs Fez
This will probably be the most fun game to watch with a run-and-gun pace. These two teams played each other Week 1, but both were unfamiliar with their surroundings. Fez seems to have the edge at guard with the Brian-Victor-Andre trio, but nobody really knows what to expect from rookie standout Sean Brock, who might shift into overdrive after coasting in the regular season. Fez has what it takes up front to slow down Ali Omar and Greg K, but the two average a combined 31 ppg and 27 rpg. Kevin Cushing will do wonders for Fez if he can show up, providing much needed muscle. Although I was impressed with Fez's resilience after blowing big leads this season (Week 4 vs Mecca, last night vs Jerusalem), Istanbul has just been a team on fire (albeit versus undermanned squads). I'm gonna go with Istanbul in this game.

Edited by user Friday, July 8, 2011 8:19:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Abdul-Rahman, #3
Big O  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 8:09:41 AM(UTC)
Big O

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
chea chea wrote:
so I'm going with the upset victory of 8th seed over 1st seed (which is actually pretty common in MB).

9th seed, not 8th.

With Ali and Greg down there, the guard play of fez which relies heavily on penetration is gonna hit a brick wall. If Joe/Kevin can control Greg down low this will be a close game. But I fully expect Istnabul to win.
#16 Areeha
Essad  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 1:15:48 PM(UTC)
Essad

Groups: Forum Moderator

I just wish I was going to be there. This is lining up to be one of our best quarterfinals ever.
Essad Malik
League Organizer / Co-founder
Essad  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 1:17:33 PM(UTC)
Essad

Groups: Forum Moderator

I agree that Istanbul-Fez will likely be at high pace, should be fun to watch. But I've been saying for the last few weeks that these top 4 seeds are going to be extremely tough outs. They can all get stops and buckets when they need them, a must for the playoffs.
Essad Malik
League Organizer / Co-founder
ef_128  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 7:52:41 PM(UTC)
ef_128

1 Damascus
9 Medina
Everybody in this league can be stopped, except Ahmad Hassan. If he comes to play, and is shooting how we know he can, then there is no way Faraz, Khuram, or Ardell will be able to handle him. If Ahmad is chucking shots and missing, Yamin - Olan - Raj will need to step up. If Ardell is on fire, Damascus will need to double team him and leave a Medina player open since their offense isn't all that. Either way, this will be a close game. Advantage to Damascus.

2 Bukhara
7 Kabul
Bukhara is tall and athletic, but I still think their team chemistry needs balancing. Kabul knows how to play together and they know how to score, but they don't know how to defend. Kabul has a much deeper bench than Bukhara, so if Bukhara starts to get tired, look for Kabul to start their attack. Kabul wins.

3 Mecca
11 Islamabad
Couldn't ask for a better matchup. Two teams who never field a full team. Islamabad can shoot out Mecca, but Islamabad is outsized if Alpha, Carl, and Micah show up for Mecca. If Mecca plays a half court game, they should be able to pound away at Islamabad. Mecca wins.

4 Istanbul
5 Fez
Both teams here get hot and cold. Both teams have shooters and both teams have defensive big men. If Fez can stop Sean from shooting lights out, they will advance. Istanbul won the first game of the season over Fez by 3 points in which Brian had a terrible night. He's been hot since then. Winner Fez.
alialsaidi  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:55:53 PM(UTC)
alialsaidi

ef_128 wrote:
1 Damascus
9 Medina
Ardell is gonna have a monsterous game, and hes the one that cant be stopped. Winner Green team aka Medina

2 Bukhara
7 Kabul
I think bukhara should win this game. I cant pick against my own team thats crazy

3 Mecca
11 Islamabad
MEcca has the advantage from pg to center. Ahmad is going to have him self a good game. Advantage Meccaism

4 Istanbul
5 Fez
If Brian is healthy and Joe is on his a game on defense, theres no way Fez could lose. Brian is the only player in this league that cant be stopped and the only player that makes rediculous shots. Probably the best player in this league. Fez got this.

Edited by user Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:56:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Idris#7  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 9:34:51 PM(UTC)
Idris#7

alialsaidi wrote:
ef_128 wrote:
1 Damascus
9 Medina
Ardell is gonna have a monsterous game, and hes the one that cant be stopped. Winner Green team aka Medina

2 Bukhara
7 Kabul
I think bukhara should win this game. I cant pick against my own team thats crazy

3 Mecca
11 Islamabad
MEcca has the advantage from pg to center. Ahmad is going to have him self a good game. Advantage Meccaism

4 Istanbul
5 Fez
If Brian is healthy and Joe is on his a game on defense, theres no way Fez could lose. Brian is the only player in this league that cant be stopped and the only player that makes rediculous shots. Probably the best player in this league. Fez got this.

I like how you made it seem like Ed wrote that. #quotefail
Fez - which country is it in?
ef_128  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 11:28:46 PM(UTC)
ef_128

not cool man ! lol
Big O  
#10 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 12:58:02 PM(UTC)
Big O

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I guess whoever put the poll up felt it was impossible for all 4 top seeds to lose, as 0 wasnt an option...
#16 Areeha
alialsaidi  
#11 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 6:38:59 PM(UTC)
alialsaidi

Mr. Idris thats a negative, i didnt feel like riding the teams over again so i just deleted his useless comments and wrote whats more important
ef_128  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:45:59 PM(UTC)
ef_128

ooo ali .. first i light you and mo up at 24 .. now ill light you up at the PAL !!!

see you thursday
OChoukeir  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:09:17 PM(UTC)
OChoukeir

ef_128 wrote:
ooo ali .. first i light you and mo up at 24 .. now ill light you up at the PAL !!!

see you thursday

Applause Applause Applause
AR  
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:18:22 PM(UTC)
AR

My picks went 4-4
Abdul-Rahman, #3