Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KP MVP LADDER  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:12:20 PM(UTC)
KP MVP LADDER

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Muslim Basketball's back for another exciting season! Last year we saw amazing talent week by week as the top players in the division played their hearts out trying to lead their teams to glory. These players went the extra mile for their team and without them on the court their teams would fall in shambles. The effect they have on the court can be seen through both what does and does not show up on the stat sheets; it's the little things they do that help fuel the fire of their teams. Through their leadership and great play, week in and week out, they hope to do everything in their power to elevate their teams to the next level. These aren't any ordinary players, these are MVP caliber type of players. Welcome to this week's edition of the KP MVP Ladder.

1. Omar Abbassi, Islamabad

Tough matchup for Big O this week as his team came up short against Granada after the break. Nonetheless, he still had himself an efficient game finishing with 10 points on 50% shooting, 7 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He wasn’t able to get into his own groove and his teammates struggled shooting from the field which didn’t help their cause. These games happen though and I don’t think this season at least there really is one team out there that you can say is always on point. One more week to go in the regular season, the MVP will be decided soon enough!

Last Week’s Ranking: 1

2. Raza Nassim, Mombasa

It was bad enough that Mombasa hadn’t played in 4 weeks but a forfeit from Cairo gives them their fifth straight week without a game. How will this affect the defending MVP and his squad? We’ll see next week but the timing couldn’t have been worse for a team that was really lighting it up.

Last Week’s Ranking: 2

3. Mohamed Amin, Sana’a

Sana’a reclaims first place in the standings with a smooth with over Amman this week. No Raied in the lineup, no problem. Mo finished this week with 19 points, 11 boards, and 4 assists. Good looking game from your star player who had been struggling a bit before the break. One more game against a gritty young Riyadh team to end the season should be good practice for Mo and co heading into the playoffs.

Last Week’s Ranking: 3

4. Rameez Khizer, Sarajevo

I’m giving every team out there a fair warning from now, Beware. Rameez Khizer is the real deal and has been balling out this season pushing his team to victory after a slow start to the season. Winners of four out of their last 5 with a winnable game against Suba next week, this team is scary. I don’t know what it is that caused them to get blown out early on in the season, maybe it was the lack of chemistry but I’m telling you they have figured it out now. Rameez finished this week’s win with 34 points on 57% shooting, 18 boards, and 4 assists. His team finished with 99 points, him and Leonard Lee are putting the league on notice and I saw them pushing Dhaka a few weeks ago. I’d hate to see this team in the playoffs.

Last Week’s Ranking: N/A

5. Mujtaba John S., Jakarta

His name has not been mentioned nearly enough this season but it really is just because of the high standard I’m sure every player in this league holds him to. The dude’s a beast and is absolutely already a Hall of Fame MB player and top 5 all time, no doubt. Coming off a championship in the 30+ league, his 7th overall, there just isn’t much I can say about him because he’s proven himself time and time again in this league. He finished this week’s game with 27 points on about 93% shooting from the field along with 8 boards. Jakarta now 6-3 with a cake walk game to finish the season off is in great shape headed into the playoffs. Will Mujtaba win his 8th ring? We’ll seeee

Next Five Up: Leonard Lee, Sarajevo; Jaber Jaber Mecca; Waqas Ahmad, Granada; Johnathan Mingo Jr., Beirut; Yaqob Wallizadeh, Suba

Next Up?

Abdul Mutaleb Popal, Palermo: I’ll dedicate this to Abdul for an extremely impressive performance finishing with 60 points, a new MB record, on close to 50% shooting from the field. This guy’s an firecracker waiting to explode, just doesn’t have enough talent around him to win any games as evident by his team’s 0-9 record. I expect them to get bounced in the first round, but what a memorable individual season from Abdul. Hats off to him! Applause Applause Applause