Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ef_128  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 2:40:19 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Week 1 - 4 out of 7 correct
Week 2 - 6 out of 8 correct
Week 3 - 6 out of 8 correct

Week 4
Suba / Sana'a
Baghdad / Tehran
Lahore / Mombasa
Granada / Damascus
Dhaka / Amman
Mecca / Jakarta
Istanbul / Kazan
Fez / Alexandria
AR  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 7:15:25 AM(UTC)
AR

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Baghdad over Tehran - Tehran had a good showing vs Sana'a last week. Baghdad will need Muhannad to suit up and play to neutralize Ali Omari who was quiet in his first 2 games before being his usual self Week 3. Zakariya's athleticism and Omar Khalaf's big body down low should help Baghdad prevail in a close one.

Mombasa over Lahore - Lahore will surely need Waqas to help defend early Rookie of the Season candidate Gurjinder who has taken the league by storm in his first two weeks. Even with Waqas, Lahore has looked more vulnerable this season than they have over the last few regular seasons. Mombasa has had a cream puff schedule for the last 2 weeks, but I believe they are up for the challenge in Week 3.

Granada over Damascus - This will be a fun game to watch and attract a lot of fanfare. Granada has sputtered to start the season, while Damascus has raised some eyebrows. Omar Singer needs a breakout game, and this may be his chance.

Dhaka over Amman - Amman is a gritty team and is literally the next step up competition-wise for Dhaka as their schedule progressively gets a little more difficult each week. Still, I'm not sure sure how Amman can beat Dhaka here. Dhaka is more experienced and controlled, and until proven otherwise, is the favorite each week it plays.

Mecca over Jakarta - MVP candidate Ammar Idelbi will have to step up huge this game to control the paint against a Jakarta team that has struggled to shoot the ball. He will need to control every rebound and lock the paint on drives. Anas Zubi may have a tough time getting his versus the feisty Jakarta defense, so Malik may find more opportunities to score here.

Istanbul over Kazan - Istanbul has been the early surprise of the season, with Taha Ezzyat proving to be a nice offseason pickup to hedge against the loss of Ammar Saymeh. Kazan is 0-2 in games decided by 3 points, whereas Istanbul is 2-0. I think this will be a close one, so going with the team that has shown success in closing out games.

Alexandria over Fez - I feel Alexandria never gets the love they deserve. They are dead last in assists per game, which is odd considering Mo Masri has been one of the best over the last few seasons. They shoot and score at a decent clip, and I predict they'll be able to do just that versus a Fez team that has struggled defensively so far.
Abdul-Rahman, #3