Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ef_128  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2009 10:03:18 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
KNICKS OVER CELTICS: knicks gonna ride their win streak
SIXERS OVER NUGGETS: sixers will bounce back
BLAZERS OVER SUNS: can somebody say BLOW OUT ???
NETS OVER CAVS: patty is back
RAPTORS OVER HORNETS: raptors lost last week
SPURS OVER LAKERS: spurs are a good injured team

MY PREDICTIONS:
WEEK 9: 3-2
WEEK 8: 5-1
WEEK 6: 4-2
WEEK 5: 3-3
WEEK 4: 6-0
WEEK 3: 3-3
WEEK 2: 4-2
TOTAL:: 28-13
FA all day  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:22:19 AM(UTC)
FA all day

Groups: Forum Member

knicks over celtics- celtics are a good team but they all are never their together. ill take the reliable knicks.

sixers over nuggets- sixers are a great team. great teams dont loose 2 straight

blazers over suns- it ll be close at halftime, blazers will cruise in the 2nd half.

nets over cavs- should be a close game. could go either way depends on whos playing or not. but i cant pick against us.

raptors over hornets- hornets have no one who can guard khiry. ak and alta should step their O up for this game.

spurs over lakers- players that arent injured are good and guests play good.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:23:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ar84  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:45:22 AM(UTC)
ar84

Some good matchups this week...who on the nets will take the task of guarding rajeh??? After FA left last game with an injury, will he be at a 100 percent to guard rajeh?? The Knicks vs Celtics seems like a very good matchup...these two teams seem pretty even and to top it off two brothers will be going at it....Mustafa Turan vs Muhammad Turan (sounds like a battle of two big men like Vitali Klitschko vs Wladimir Klitschko for those who follow boxing)...then there is the Blazers and the Suns...The Suns are the hottest team in the league and the Blazers were the number #1 blazers and will be looking to regain that name against the suns...
bostonsux  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:03:33 PM(UTC)
bostonsux

KNICKS OVER CELTICS: battle btwn Jarron and Jason Collins should be interesting(Turan brothers), but knicks will pull it out at the end.
SIXERS OVER NUGGETS: nuggets having trouble with ppl showing up to games and are out of guest passes.
BLAZERS OVER SUNS: blazers want to finish the season on top, and the suns are just in their way.
CAVS OVER NETS: Edna will be on the sidelines cheerleading for the cavs, in order for the blazers to be on the top again.
RAPTORS OVER HORNETS: Khiry will have a monster game.
SPURS OVER LAKERS: spurs will be too strong, despite who shows up
ar84  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:16:21 PM(UTC)
ar84

The Collins twins comparasion is a diss....atleast compare them to Brook and Robin Lopez...
bostonsux  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:34:27 PM(UTC)
bostonsux

How bout Blake and Taylor Griffin, or Harvey and Horace Grant. You guys can decide who's who.
romeo must die  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:50:43 PM(UTC)
romeo must die

celtics over knicks .. <insert player here>being 5th in the league in assists means everything ! :)
sixers over nuggets
blazers over suns - lol i think the blazers might have to play a little defense not to much though
cavs or nets = ouch idk , if any 1 person on the cavs has a good offensive game besides raj the cavs will win
raptors over hornets
3/4 ahmed fayumi + noseless olan over the lakers by double digits
Working on my Defense !
AR  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:15:40 PM(UTC)
AR

bostonsux wrote:
KNICKS OVER CELTICS: battle btwn Jarron and Jason Collins should be interesting(Turan brothers)

Laughing
Abdul-Rahman, #3
TooEazy732  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:59:06 PM(UTC)
TooEazy732

celtics over knicks if every one shows up knicks cant match up.
sixers over nuggets well balanced sixers should take it.
blazers over suns not enough defense on the suns to cover all the blazers.
cavs over nets real battle is downlow lol raj loves gettin under tq's skin. It will be offically the TQ technical foul watch lol haha
raptors over hornets another loss for the hornets against a very good raptor team.
spurs over lakers not enough fire power on the lakers.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:59:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rajeh  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:59:51 PM(UTC)
Rajeh

This Thursday, TQ will have more fouls than points.
This is for Coach B.
Akhan23  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:05:07 AM(UTC)
Akhan23

Knicks over Celtics

Sixers over Nuggets

Blazers over Suns in a very close game.

Cavs and Nets, this is going to be the game of the week. At this point it could go either way. Patty is back for the nets, the only thig is F A got injured last week, so if F A is %100 the nets should definitely win this one especially because Patty is back and Khuram easilly by far one of the best players in the league. Khuram brings his A game every single game and I have yet to see him have a bad game, he is just a phenomenal player period. So is the Nets DEFENSE.

Raptors over Hornets, Khiry is going to be a BEAST and you bet Ak and Alty are going to bring there A game as well.

Spurs over Lakers

mturan  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2009 8:15:29 AM(UTC)
mturan

Knicks Over Celtics: Knicks coming off of a thrillerMJof a game last week. I see them riding
that momentum like a homeless man on a subway car. Led solely by the best player in the state, Douglass Pizza All-American Muhammed Turan, the Knicks are a total one man show, kind of like that guy who plays the drums, harmonica and accordion at the same time down at the boardwalk. In fact, the city the Knicks play for is Turanto. Look it up. Bow Down

It's a wonder the Celtics are even planning to show up this week. Rumor has it that the Celtic defense is sponsored by Charmin. 'Cuz they're soft. If I were a betting man, aka an infidel, I would take the Knicks in a 6 point win.

Sixers Over Nuggets: The Nuggets play hard but have been as inconsistent as Amy Winehouse's rehab appointments. The Sixers are out to prove that their team name isn't taken from their point total of 46 in last week's soul-crushing loss. Aymen Dalembert and Amre "The Egyptian Jason Kapono" Hamouda will be key this game. Sixers by 14.

Blazers Over Suns: The Suns are sky-high (Get it? Sun? Sky-high? I need some coffee...) after their demolition of the 46'ers. The Blazers should be at full-strength after a short-handed, demoralizing, kick-to-the-man-parts loss last week to the Turanto Knicks. I expect little to no defense and both teams to jack up 3-pointers at a disturbing pace. Good luck to the statkeepers. Also, Tariq "Harry Potter" Yaqobi will have a huge game to celebrate the release of his new film. Accio a Blazers win by a wand's length! ...Or 4 points.

Cavs Over Nets: The Nets are coming off a win over the Hornets that looked like Sam Cassell's face: ugly. The Nets won't win any beauty pageants with their style of play, but as some fat white guy keeps grunting, they seem to find a way to "git 'er dun". Raj's instructions to bring popcorn may be detrimental to the butter-fingered Cavs, who drop dimes like a bad bank teller. The Cavaliers however are going to be a difficult matchup for the post-up heavy Nets. Cavs by 5.

Raptors Over Hornets: The Hornets play solid defense, but struggle to put the ball in the basket. Unfortunately for them, that is the primary objective of the game of basketball. The Raptors are coming off a horrendous shooting night against the Spurs, and will look to get back on track before the playoffs begin. In the only inter-species matchup of the week, I expect the Ragin' Raptors to run rampant against the Hapless Hornets. Raptors by 18.

Spurs Over Lakers: The Spurs have announced this week that their new sponsor is Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield. The Lakers have announced theirs as Bertucci's Brick Oven Restaurant. On a more positive note, their shooting percentages do have them in second place to Albert Pujols in the batting title race. Spurs by 16.

These are my picks. Remember, nod your head and repeat what the little yellow man says:I Agree
ar84  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2009 8:36:02 AM(UTC)
ar84

By far the best post on these forums ever!!! Muhammad Turan deserves an award on behalf of muslim basketball for his analytical skills and creative comparasions...
chatni101  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2009 9:39:12 AM(UTC)
chatni101

With such great analysis like that we shouldn't even play the games, just put Week 10 in the books!
Ak  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2009 9:47:59 AM(UTC)
Ak

Here you go:

celtics over knicks - our Turan is better than their Turan even though the Knicks have the best player in the league in that <insert player here> dude Wink

sixers over nuggets - haven't seen a fully assembled and ready Nuggets team yet so Sixers should take it in a close one

suns/blazers??? - hard to call this one as its an offensive slugfest (most blazers vs. Keaton)...the better defense that day wins

cavs over nets - hopefully I will not have to break up another altercation between Raj and TQ iA...Nets don't have a real leader/stabilizer like the Cavs have in Raj

hornets over raptors - I am banking on the hornets using strategic guest passes this week to get this one...Khiry will still go off but if the hornets can contain the rest of the raptors, it is possible...

spurs over lakers - I have to hand this to the spurs only because the lakers just dont have the fire power or collective basketball IQ to keep up while the spurs are blessed with both.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:02:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 on Cordoba
May Allah increase love, respect, and unity between all of us through the trash talking and intensity of this game!!!
hunjee  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:03:03 PM(UTC)
hunjee

knicks over celtics- game of the week here because of how evenly matched these team are. this could go into OT. ill give the slight edge to the knicks because they seem to have more chemistry

sixers over nuggets- nuggets are having huge problems on O. they just cant seem to get anything going.

blazers over suns- this will be a great game. suns are legit. keaton will go off and may get 50 since the blazers are allergic to defense, but the blazers offense will score almost every time they get the ball.

cavs over nets- the 2 best defensive teams going at it. this could be a ugly game to watch. itll be like watch the spurs and pistons go at it few years ago. FA looked like he really hurt himself last week and haroon and raj should make tqs life miserable in the paint so ill take the cavs.

raptors over hornets- khiry and the raptors should take this game. ammar will make it tough for khiry to finish in the paint but khiry can shoot jumpers all day.

spurs over lakers- spurs will use their guest passes and win easily.
ef_128  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:48:47 PM(UTC)
ef_128

hunjee,
ALLERGIC TO DEFENSE !!!
i think you just told me the answer ive always been looking for !!
Rajeh  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2009 9:23:03 PM(UTC)
Rajeh

The Nuggets' problem isn't offense; their problem is getting more than four players to come to a game. Get someone off of the waitlist or something.

The Cavs-Nets game will be a thing of beauty, especially when the ugliest player in Muslim basketball history (TQ) is forced to come out of the game due to foul trouble.

Without Farhad in the game, the Blazers are mediocre. Edna better make sure he comes or else they are going to have a tough time with Chris Bosh on the offensive boards.
This is for Coach B.
ef_128  
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:05:52 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Blazers without Farhad lost to Cavaliers by 1 point .. mediocre
mcLovin  
#20 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2009 1:54:05 PM(UTC)

Groups:

upset of the week... suns over blazers! i think one of the most underrated players in this league is adham elfayoumi, as great as keaton is, the team was a losing team until adham came on and won 5 straight games in a row with amazing stats to back it up. i am officially starting the adham elfayoumi fan club, badappapppapppa im lovvvin it. but seriously though, watch one of there games, sleeper team defenitely a serious threat in the playoffs.