Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ef_128  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 6:50:44 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
#8 Jerusalem at #1 Lagos
Lagos was missing a key player in Mike S. Jerusalem kept it close for most of the game, only down 1 at halftime. Second half was a struggle for Jerusalem as sloppy plays and no scoring ended their season.

#7 Sana'a at #2 Baghdad

#11 Dhaka at #3 Timbuktu
Timbuktu took a big lead to start and Dhaka started chipping away at it with some 3s. Game got pretty close in the second half but some steals for fast breaks gave Timbuktu the win.

#12 Jakarta at #4 Istanbul
Mujkarta* with another playoff upset. The game was pretty much back and forth. A duel of Ahmed/Anas vs Muj. Istanbul tried to beat up on Muj physically but Muj kept getting back up and making his way to the rim. Anas scored some huge baskets at the end of regulation to take the game into OT. In OT, Jakarta stepped up huge with key foul shots from everyone.

*Copyrighted. All rights reserved by Abdul-Rahman.

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2013 6:51:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

qman612  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 7:10:21 AM(UTC)
qman612

Groups: Forum Member

Sana'a at Baghdad:

This game was close from the start. In the first half Elvis hit a few threes and kept Baghdad's offense going along with some buckets from role players. Sana'a stayed right with Baghdad and it was a 1 point game at half. Second half Sana'a grabbed an early lead but could not sustain it as Baghdad came back and went up as much as 7. Sana'a would charge back with less than 5 minutes left and cut the lead to 1 point. However, some key threes by Ahmed El Dekki would seal the game, credit to him and Baghdad for the win.
mastaweiss  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 7:32:17 AM(UTC)
mastaweiss

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Jerusalem vs. lagos... I was pretty nervous cause ed was getting in my head all week. saying things like "we have a plan for you guys", "i'm going flop like a fish outta water", etc. last thing I wanted to happen was lose and never hear the end of it. game started off slow but then both teams started to click. our plan was to have Justin faceguard ed, Anthony hit a few 3s off screens and feed mike the ball a little more down low. it all worked for the most part. have to give a lot of props to Justin regarding his D and offense. he made good decisions. was fantastic on offense and better on defense. stats might not show it but he was the main reason we won. kept ed to like 8 points. some of which were questionable. mike dero was solid all game. he was jumping a foot higher than anyone guarding him and making the most of his possessions. mike Garcia always has solid D and somehow has the clinching shot every game lol. raza was rebounding and putting back points between 3 defenders taller and stronger than him. that kid is something else sometimes. and Anthony played like an all star as usual. moving the ball, knocking balls outta peoples hands, swinging it, hitting some big 3s and layups. we overcame a full half of some questionable calls against us. but I still love those refs.

Jerusalem should have given the ball to mo more. he was on fire. if it wasn't for him they would have lost by over 20. he was hitting 3s from well beyond the line and his confidence really shook us up. really enjoy associating with everyone on that team. all good guys. wish them the best. too-da-looooo.

Dhaka vs Timbuktu... the first half was a circus. a ridiculous amount of turnovers and sloppy bball from both teams. second half Dhaka cleaned it up and closed the gap, however, it wasn't enough to get the W. rajab was beasting as usual, he would have had another 12 points if a lot of his drives didn't rim in and out. Dhaka shouldve gave the ball to #3 (jibbar I think) more. Dhaka played a good game without a real big. impressed despite the loss.

Jakarta vs. Istanbul... I caught most of the second half. once again mushy put on a show (LOL at the mujkarta thing). I was really impressed by Jakarta and how they have improved. as mushy got double and triple teamed he'd kick it out to his teammates who can finish now. I remember watching those guys when every other possession was a turnover. they have literally improved before my eyes. game went into overtime and Jakarta had ice in their veins sinking free throws. really don't look forward to playing this Cinderella team lol. Istanbul played a good game, anas looked like Russell westbrook out there. driving and running and jumping and no one could stop him especially in crunch time. in case some of you don't know, afay was hurt so it hindered his game a little. good win Jakarta.

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2013 7:33:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

aliguori  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 12:04:06 PM(UTC)
aliguori

there Cinderella story is sadly going to come to an end next week
ef_128  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 12:39:30 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
the only thing thats gonna happen in the Lagos/Mujkarta game is this = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caNVWoHLejE

Muj over Weiss/Mike D/Anthony
hass30  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 12:54:02 PM(UTC)
hass30

aliguori wrote:
there Cinderella story is sadly going to come to an end next week
lol i was about to say the same thing
Himey  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 2:37:12 PM(UTC)
Himey

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Jakara over Istanbul
Istanbul was out of sync all game. Mujtaba is the toughest guard in the league. He's extremely aggressive and has a slick shot. Jakartas role players stepped up as well. Istanbul lacked ball movement and intensity defensively and that cost them the game. Bottom line, Jakarta deserved this win. They fought for it. Great group of guys, love each and everyone of them for who they are. Toughest guys on the court but nicest guys off of it. If you cant beat em then root for them, and im definitely rooting for them.

Ibrahim Omar
MB Commissioner
commissioner@muslimbasketball.org