Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Big O  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:46:07 AM(UTC)
Big O

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
First Round Byes Locked Up
1. (1) Mecca (7-2)
2. (4) Damascus (7-2)
3. (2) Bukhara (7-2)
4. (3) Istanbul (6-3)

Fighting For Position
5. (5) Kabul (4-5)
6. (6) Fez (4-5)
7. (8) Medina (3-6)
8. (7) Cairo (3-6)
9. (9) Baghdad (4-5)
10. (11) Jerusalem (2-7)
11. (12) Cordoba (3-6)
12. (10) Islamabad (3-6)
#16 Areeha
Essad  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:21:19 AM(UTC)
Essad

Groups: Forum Moderator

I seriously don't think we've ever had this few teams over .500 with only one game left in the season. Crazy parity this year, mA.
Essad Malik
League Organizer / Co-founder
ef_128  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:32:32 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
playoffs will be super exciting .. none of the top 4 teams will be safe in the second round !!
firassabbassi  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 12:25:12 PM(UTC)
firassabbassi

Why was the result of the mecca and kabul game changed? According to an email I recieved from the league, results of games cannot be changed.
ef_128  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:04:15 PM(UTC)
ef_128

there was no result in the Mecca/Kabul game .. there is 12.6 seconds left to play !!
firassabbassi  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:11:48 PM(UTC)
firassabbassi

Hey ed....look at the forum topic week 8 results....mecca with the win...and then yamon confirmed it by sayin that mecca does get the win based on admin and commisioner approval...
ef_128  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:13:59 PM(UTC)
ef_128

sir yamin unfortunately was informed .. both mecca/kabul received losses ..
shariefhtc  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:22:10 PM(UTC)
shariefhtc

firassabbassi wrote:
Hey ed....look at the forum topic week 8 results....mecca with the win...and then yamon confirmed it by sayin that mecca does get the win based on admin and commisioner approval...

It seems as though decisions are biased. Look at the Jerusalem/Bukhara game:

With approximately 3 minutes to go Jerusalem was up 3 points, during which a Second Bukhara player was fouled out, which would leave them with 4 active players on the court. A new player came onto the court of whom did not play up until that point in the game and was wearing a Bukhara jersey #25. When team Jerusalem questioned his appearance, we were told by both the stat keepers and team Bukhara that he is on the roster and he is #25. As it turns out he was his brother! The refs were confused, since they also questioned his appearance, but were approached by a commissioner and were told to resume play, since "GUESTS DO NOT HAVE TO BE ANNOUNCED AT ANY GIVEN POINT PRIOR TO THE GAME ENDS". Bukhara claimed that he was in fact on the roster repeatedly to the refs and to the stat keepers. They did not even mention that he was a "Guest". This type of situation should not be allowed if this league is to maintain its legitamacy in the future. Teams should not be allowed to just add a player to the team at any given point during a game.

When presented to the League, this was the final decision:

"After reviewing the situation in question, unfortunately the result will remain the same. We cannot go back and change the outcome of a finished game at this point. We do feel that the situation was a bit unfair and the claims the team made were unjust. As an organization, we are taking this scenario very seriously and are using it to adjust our rules and regulations for future seasons. Unfortunately this was at the cost of a win for your team but, alhamdulillah, we can use this experience for the positive progression of Muslim Basketball.

We hope that you understand this decision and we wish you good luck with the rest of your season.

Muslim Basketball Commissioners

I felt the need to post this.
Big O  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:49:54 PM(UTC)
Big O

You both refer to the Mecca/Kabul game as the league somehow being bias. Mecca and Kabul which both have a commissioner on the roster were both severely penalized for the week 8 game. And the result was a double-forfeit. Both teams were harshly penalized, so as I see it there is no bias treatment towards either team in the ruling that came down for this incident.

#16 Areeha
TYaQ11  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:55:19 PM(UTC)
TYaQ11

4 of our players are suspended, sure wish there were some bias. Unfortunate situation for you guys though.
Big O  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 3:30:15 PM(UTC)
Big O

shariefhtc wrote:
since "GUESTS DO NOT HAVE TO BE ANNOUNCED AT ANY GIVEN POINT PRIOR TO THE GAME ENDS".

At no point did a Commissioner say this.
#16 Areeha
shariefhtc  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:05:42 PM(UTC)
shariefhtc

Big O wrote:
shariefhtc wrote:
since "GUESTS DO NOT HAVE TO BE ANNOUNCED AT ANY GIVEN POINT PRIOR TO THE GAME ENDS".

At no point did a Commissioner say this.

Your telling me that you didn't say that?
ef_128  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:05:16 PM(UTC)
ef_128

even if the outcome was different .. both teams would be in the same rank that they are currently ..

PLAYOFFS IS WHERE IT COUNTS !!
alialsaidi  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 6:37:55 PM(UTC)
alialsaidi

shariefhtc wrote:
firassabbassi wrote:

It seems as though decisions are biased. Look at the Jerusalem/Bukhara game:

With approximately 3 minutes to go Jerusalem was up 3 points, during which a Second Bukhara player was fouled out, which would leave them with 4 active players on the court. A new player came onto the court of whom did not play up until that point in the game and was wearing a Bukhara jersey #25. When team Jerusalem questioned his appearance, we were told by both the stat keepers and team Bukhara that he is on the roster and he is #25. As it turns out he was his brother! The refs were confused, since they also questioned his appearance, but were approached by a commissioner and were told to resume play, since "GUESTS DO NOT HAVE TO BE ANNOUNCED AT ANY GIVEN POINT PRIOR TO THE GAME ENDS". Bukhara claimed that he was in fact on the roster repeatedly to the refs and to the stat keepers. They did not even mention that he was a "Guest". This type of situation should not be allowed if this league is to maintain its legitamacy in the future. Teams should not be allowed to just add a player to the team at any given point during a game.

When presented to the League, this was the final decision:

"After reviewing the situation in question, unfortunately the result will remain the same. We cannot go back and change the outcome of a finished game at this point. We do feel that the situation was a bit unfair and the claims the team made were unjust. As an organization, we are taking this scenario very seriously and are using it to adjust our rules and regulations for future seasons. Unfortunately this was at the cost of a win for your team but, alhamdulillah, we can use this experience for the positive progression of Muslim Basketball.

We hope that you understand this decision and we wish you good luck with the rest of your season.

Muslim Basketball Commissioners

I felt the need to post this.

LEt me put some juice into this. The player that is being talked about here was a guest, he had a jersey, warmed up with us and I told him that we would only use him if it was necessary. The other team did not have to know this, and we didnt need him until that point, and secondly jersulam was not up by three. The score was tied when he entered the game because jersulam was shooting free throws. We didnt just pull anyone out of thin air, he sat on the bench the whole game, until we needed him and of course we were not going to play 4 on 5 when we had another guy to use.
TheAN112  
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:42:38 AM(UTC)
TheAN112

In the interest of "team standings" accuracy, I just wanted to point out that I believe Kabul's point differential is inaccurate. I'm not sure exactly how a "double forfeit" works when it comes to point differential but I know that a forfeit = (10) in the point differential category.

Can someone look into this ?

Thanks
Big O  
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:07:36 AM(UTC)
Big O

alialsaidi wrote:
we would only use him if it was necessary. The other team did not have to know this, and we didnt need him until that point

SMH The league and scores table need to know this.
#16 Areeha
shariefhtc  
#17 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:59:53 AM(UTC)
shariefhtc

I'm gonna take back the biased remark, it was a little harsh!

AR  
#18 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:53:44 AM(UTC)
AR

TheAN112 wrote:
In the interest of "team standings" accuracy, I just wanted to point out that I believe Kabul's point differential is inaccurate. I'm not sure exactly how a "double forfeit" works when it comes to point differential but I know that a forfeit = (10) in the point differential category.

Can someone look into this ?

Thanks

An-
For the forfeits, the score is 10-0, meaning the winning team will be credited with +10 points to its differential spread and the forfeiting team will be assessed -10 points to its spread.

For the double-forfeit, both teams will be assessed 0 point differential because the score is being recorded as 0-0.
Abdul-Rahman, #3
AR  
#19 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:55:17 AM(UTC)
AR

current point differentials:

baghdad -3.2
bukhara 6.9
cairo -3.3
cordoba -8.9
damascus 9.3
fez 2.7
islamabad -11.0
istanbul 10.0
jerusalem -11.3
kabul 3.2
mecca 11.9
medina -6.2
Abdul-Rahman, #3
alialsaidi  
#20 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:50:45 PM(UTC)
alialsaidi

Big O wrote:
alialsaidi wrote:
we would only use him if it was necessary. The other team did not have to know this, and we didnt need him until that point

SMH The league and scores table need to know this.

I was talking about the other team. Its non of their business of when we want to bring in our guest. We told the scores table that we had him on our bench.Ban