Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Towfeekhamza  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2023 3:09:31 PM(UTC)
Towfeekhamza

Groups: Forum Member
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Alright fellas, My jersey has been hung up in the rafters for this week. A man of my Grammar skills has moved onto bigger things, So we have a new mystery man at the helm.

Another week - another batch of predictions. Let’s get right into it.

Suba vs Tehran
This is an interesting one with two teams that are way better than their records show. On the Tehran side, they have all the fire power they need offensively. I expect Ali Hassan to have a bounce back game and with all the other threats on this team it will be hard for Suba to match up. On the Suba side, Zain is going to be a handful. Other than Mustafa Barakat, Tehran does not have a true big, so they are going to rely on him heavily. Zain has to be a force down low and find his shooters when help comes. If Amir Hassan and the Zubi’s are hitting they could cause some problems for Tehran. But it all starts with defense, scoring means nothing if you can’t get stops. As much as I’d like to pick Suba here, they’re going to have to prove it to me.
Tehran by 7

Istanbul vs Riyadh
Istanbul is hot coming off a nail biter win last week. The knock on this team has been that they have the talent but they have not played as a cohesive unit, but it seems like they are trending in the right direction. With Aadil leading the charge and guys like Jawad and Sohaib on his side, this team can be a real problem. Unfortunately for them, they run into Coach Towfeek this week. Istanbul will have issues matching up with Musa, and with Shafic running the offense and finding shooters this team is going to be tough to handle.
Riyadh by 9

Kashgar vs Timbuktu
Our game of the week! Kashgar is coming off a big win and I gotta say, I really like this team. They’re young, they’re athletic, they have shooters, and they play defense. Rookie standout Mahdy has continued to impress and will need to do so again this week. The defense of Affan and sleeper Yahya Yanes will be a key in this game to try and keep Shaz in check. Timbuktu has been a little disappointing but they have not been at full strength. Losing Humzah and Ahmad C would hurt any team. Shaz will need to have a great game but the real X factor this game is Muhanad Deeb. They will need him to score and contain Mahdy which is a tall task. I think this game will live up to its Game of the Week title, but I give the slight edge to Kashgar.
Kashgar by 4

Medina vs Lagos
Coach Billal Abbassi is going to have to cook up a strong game plan for this one. Lagos is looking to bounce back from their first loss of the season. And if there’s one thing this team has, it’s size. Medina is not the biggest team and will have trouble dealing with Farhad and Salman on both sides of the ball. And with Omar Hussein playing the way he has been, it will be tough to stop them. On the Medina side, I’m not worried about them offensively. With Amir (Triple XL) Charrkas, Mustafa Abbassi, and sniper Mo Masri they can score with the best of them. The defensive side of the ball is where this team really needs to lock in. If they can do that then I can see a potential upset but for now I have to go with Lagos.
Lagos by 8

Sarajevo vs Jeddah
Another potential game of the week here. Sarajevo is sitting at an impressive 5-2 record led by MVP candidate Omar Mana. We can always expect a double double from him, but shooters Ahmed Saleh, Moe Rayyan, and Mo Mustafa have been hitting as of late. When that’s happening this team is a real threat. And we haven’t even mentioned Raza, I’d love to see more from him but when you’re winning games I can’t complain. Jeddah sitting at a 4-3 record would love nothing more than to move up in the standings after this game. Mana will cause some problems as a shot blocker in the paint but Jeddah has shooting everywhere. I expect Hassan to create a lot of open shots for his teammates and Sarajevo better watch out for Lil O who can score in bunches and is coming off a huge game last week. The real deciding factor will be whether or not they can slow down Mana who is almost impossible to stop when he gets a head of steam. Really tight one here but I’ll put my trust in last season's MVP.
Jeddah by 2

Kabul vs Amman
Another great matchup. Despite a tough loss last week, Kabul has looked very impressive. The one two punch of Mahrooz and Singer has been a winning formula. But against a tough team like Amman, they will need assistance from guys like Elias and Sadat. Kabul is very well rounded so I have faith that they can make it happen but Amman has some fire power of their own. Joe Capone is a pain to guard and I expect Kabul to make it hard on him, but I also feel he is due for a big game so I’m interested to see which one comes to fruition. Amman will need Jojo heavily in this game. Kabul has no true center so they will have to figure out how to deal with Kabar and Omar K. Another tough choice here.
Kabul by 4