Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LonzoBall  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2023 8:38:15 AM(UTC)
LonzoBall

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've heard that I've been missed, so maybe I'll show up here every once in a while. InshaAllah everyone had a great break, and let's hop into it!

7:30

Kashgar - Sarajevo

Mahdy vs Mana; I think this will be very telling of Mahdy's future/potential. To be frank though, I don't think Mana struggles too much in the matchup as his superior size and strength give him a clear advantage. I do think Mahdy will get the occasional block, but I'm more interested to see his approach on the other end, but I don't expect Mana to guard Mahdy sideline to sideline. Beyond that though, much is to be learned, especially on the Kashgar end. Will we finally see Farzad? Has this defense taken any steps to fix their early defensive struggles? The fact of the matter is Sarajevo has a plus matchup, and they'll use this match to figure things out with their role players and game flow; this is a good opportunity for Mana and Raza to get things going.

Sarajevo by 14.

Amman - Timbuktu

A very impressive two weeks from Amman, and a plus matchup going into week 3. Timbuktu did have their way when all is said and done in week 2, but they themselves will be the first to tell you a lot had to go right for them to bring it home. In a matchup where they face two prolific scorers who can get it done on all 3 levels and don't have the luxury of having a size advantage, Timbuktu can really find themselves struggling. Unless Shahzaib matches Capone bucket for bucket, and the Timbuktu defenders find a way to shut down Jojo, I can guarantee another Amman victory.

Amman by 8.

8:30

Jeddah - Riyadh (Game of the Week)

Though Jeddah have lost both their games, they have managed to keep both very close. The personnel matchups are good ones for the most part, and the potential for an upset is certainly there. The clear mismatch here though is the size Big Moose presents, and unless Jeddah has a resounding plan to slow Moose down, Riyadh will have their way on both ends. The game should definitely be a close one, but the ball is in Riyadh's court.

Riyadh by 3.

Tehran - Lagos

This can very well be the matchup of the week. Unfortunately, it seems our shooting star Wajdi will be absent, but Lagos' Qasem, Omar H, and Ameer K have made a statement for themselves and developed some great chemistry early on; anddd they may have a well-known guest appearance in Wajdi's place lol. Regardless, Tehran can be a very impressive squad when they're all together. There isn't any one Lagos player that can slow down Ali Hassan, and it will be interesting to see Ali S and Deeb compliment Ali Hassan vs what can be their toughest opponent. I'm expecting a huge game from Ali, and predictions aren't exciting unless there's a predicted upset.

Tehran by 2.

9:30

Medina - Kabul

Two nail-biting victories from Kabul getting much-needed support from their guests, and by the looks of it, Omar Singer will finally arrive. Kabul faces a tough match here in week 3, a very defense-heavy Medina squad. My only concern is the health Medina presents; the rumor mill Medina's captain in Billal and his newly acquired star in Amir C are quite hobbled. For the sake of brotherhood, and the sake of entertainment, I pray they both are doing well. The reason I mention this here though is because depending on their health, the outcome of this game will be very different. If Medina is healthy, I believe they do a good job slowing down rookie of the year candidate Mahrooz Q, and halt any chances that he and Singer develop any real groove. If they're not healthy, Mahrooz can really have his way yet again, and the opportunity to find his teammate early on in the season presents itself.

Healthy Medina by 6 or else Kabul by 9.

Istanbul - Suba

This is the hardest game to predict. There's a new face on this Istanbul team in Jawad T, and they continue to suffer some losses before the game even starts. Suba hasn't made any changes moving into week 3, though they've clearly taken their place at the bottom of the standings. The X-factor has to be young Aadil Y; he's Istanbul's offensive powerhouse and is going to have to find a way to get his teammates, especially Jawad, to get it going. Furthermore, he has the tall task of matching up against one of the league's greats in Zain A. The way I see it, Suba will be a bit overwhelming on the boards for Istanbul, so I do lean in favor of Suba. However, Istanbul can take this one by storm if they play with the correct approach targeting Suba's resounding weakness. All in all though, Suba has Zain, and I have faith he'll get it done.

Suba by 5.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 12, 2023 8:41:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified