Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LonzoBall  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2023 4:38:22 AM(UTC)
LonzoBall

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Annnndddd Week 8 is upon us, this is it fellas, no more goofing around, we know where everyone's at. Posting predictions early this week to make up for the last few, Enjoy!

7:30 PM Slate

Granada (Black) @ Lahore (White):
Battle of the offenses. Both teams have stars, Lahore has Shahzaib and Aadil, and Granada has
Mr. Capone and Malik who's emerged in the second half of the season. I don't think either team has the facilities to slow down these 4 specific players. It'll be shot for shot, who can outdo who, that is, if the game was a 2v2. To be honest though, the outcome of the game does run through its star players, so the game may be much closer than expected based on records. That being said, Lahore does have the advantage all around, and I expect they will look to take advantage of those advantages outside of Shahzaib and Aadil. I do have to say Mr. Capone is our leading scorer this season, and definitely has been the most explosive offensive threat in this matchup, so depending on the day he has, an upset isn't out of the question. Aadil does have an extremely advantageous matchup also, and we can easily see him return to 10-14 shooting for 25 points like he did for a stretch of games this season.
Lahore by 8.

Kabul (Black) @ Islamabad (White):
This can be another one of those sneaky, deceptive matchups. Islamabad is undoubtedly the better team through 7 weeks, and are more well-rounded. What makes this game deceptive is that despite Islamabad being the better team, Kabul's size can be a real problem for Islamabad. Farhad, Tom, and Chris specifically are large, capable basketball players. If Kabul plays their cards correctly, they also have the right frame to limit Islamabad's offense. Here's the thing though, Zain and Hassan specifically are not your typical ballers at their respective positions. They just play better offense and can be solid on defense as a duo. Given Kabul does play their cards right, I'm turning to Jared and Kareem to really put in work this week defensively to help their top two stars maintain a high level of energy. This matchup is extremely interesting, and as much as I want to vote for the underdog, I know better than to vote against Islamabad right now.
Islamabad by 7.

Medina (Black) @ Jerusalem (White):
Game of the week! Sike! No Billal for Jerusalem, no commissioners for Medina. Medina doesn't have the worst of matchups here; Mana being the consistent focal point for Jerusalem falls directly into the laps of Medina's 2-3 zone. Luckily for Jerusalem, there are other tactics they can resort to, for example, running. Lil O can sometimes forget how to stop running, and Mana is the fastest big in the league. Put that together with the Saleh brothers' knack to get their hand on the ball defensively, the transition game would be a worst-case scenario for Medina. Furthermore, it looks like the vast majority of the scoring will have to be up to old man Ken, and you know Jerusalem doesn't give free buckets. Good luck out there Medina, find a way to keep up, and there's a chance.
Jerusalem by 18.

8:30 PM Slate

Tripoli (Black) @ Damascus (White):
Defense! Defense! Tripoli has been on a roll lately, but I'm rooting for the defense. Damascus has to reach into their back come Wednesday and find a way to slow down this Tripoli team. Damascus' offense has yet to find itself, so they have to keep Tripoli close if they want to have any hopes of a second win. Tripoli has to do exactly the opposite, play smart, and get an early lead. The emergence of Nesto really helps them, and it makes it that much easier to spread the floor. This game will come down to defense and turnovers. If Damascus can play hard defense and force mistakes out of Tripoli, they'll have a real chance. And if they can somehow emerge offensively, they'll have the advantage, and using Omar Qasem as the focal point to spread the floor and be the player-coach, getting everyone involved is definitely a step in the right direction. In reality, Tripoli is too much for almost any team to handle, and I could just be grasping at straws here.
Tripoli by 11.

Jeddah (Black) @ Mecca (White):
Another interesting matchup, but Mecca are definitely the favorite at first look. Jeddah banded back together and did their best behind Sohaib and gave us a good one last week. They seem to have lost some of that defensive strength they presented earlier on in the season, but the narrative for this team remains the same: Finish! Mecca is one of the most complete teams, they have their fair share of scorers and defenders. They have decent guard play, and decent size, they don't really lack anything, so it would usually come down to matchup for them. And when talking about matchups and Mecca, you look at MJ and Yaqob as usual, and both these dudes are too formidable offensively, dropping buckets with relatively high efficiency. As long as this team doesn't get complacent and gets back on defense, they match up well with anyone, and Jeddah is certainly not an exception. Jeddah is the underdog, and they'll need some of that fire from last week. Sohaib should be able to continue doing his thing, and Mo Amin, Jehad, and Tabty should be right behind him cleaning everything up and hustling on defense. If Sohaib shows up, this game will be very tight, and they might come out with the win. You know I love to vote for the underdog, but I've been let down too many times this season.
Mecca by 9.

Alexandria (Black) @ Palermo (White):
This game might end with a combined 150+ points. Palermo's offense has seriously started to click and they've been running up the scoreboard for the past 3 weeks. Alexandria has done so since week 1, and they'll continue to pester anyone they could from full-court. So yes, both teams can play offense, but I've yet to feel confident in the Palermo defense at all, and that's the difference here. Yes Wajdi and Big Moose, in particular, are bigger guys that can score and can present issues, but Palermo doesn't deserve the luxury of player comparisons. Palermo's defense has been downright atrocious, so unless by some miracle all 3 of Jay, Wajdi, and Musa struggle from the field, Palermo is going to have to rely solely on their offense to give them a chance, which isn't outrageous, but unlikely. Shafic is looking like his old self, JoJo just hit a game-winner, Amir can get hot quickly, and Jason's always finding the lane; this team is no slouch offensively, they'll find their buckets regardless, but how many buckets is the question?
Alexandria by 14.

9:30 PM Slate

Mombasa (Black) @ Delhi (White):
The old, calm vets vs the young, rowdy Delhi. Delhi shot lights out last week and flirted with an upset against a one-loss team, will they keep that up? The thing with calm veterans is that they typically ignore trash talk, play solid unwavering defense, and produce results. That would be in Mombasa's favor, but in terms of basketball, Mana had a field day against Delhi, and Pete Brown's the only dude bigger than Mana in MB. Delhi struggled defensively last week, they'll need to improve and offer more effort to the defense, whilst keeping up that offensive pace they showed. If they manage that, forget beating Mombasa, they could be real contenders, but as some random scientist once said, "Expelling more energy means there's more energy lost". That scientist, me lol. It's an unfortunate matchup for Delhi, and Pete Brown is definitely the key to a Mombasa win. I'd assume he plays a LeBron role, getting the ball in the post, and depending on the defense, looking to take advantage of a mismatch or dish out to the number-one 3 pt shooter this season.
Mombasa by 15.

Riyadh (Black) @ Cairo (White):
Dare I say, "Game of the Week!" It kinda sucks trying to type anything about Cairo because I've gotten pretty tired of it, but here goes. Cairo got Gaballa, he's been this team, and he's the real deal. Riyadh is dealing with injuries, but they fight and fight. That's what makes this matchup fun; although Cairo has relied solely on Gaballa to score, someone's had to do the dirty work defensively, and I can tell you they want to win, and that means they're all dogs too. Riyadh has shown a bit more promise over the course of the season. Nader is probably the most improved player this season, but their big, Ammar has also shown improvement. That's what I'm going to base this game off of; I'll say Nader's output is canceled out by Gaballa's, but Ammar and one Ahmad Doumani will give that edge to get another win. As always though, I will have to add that if Cairo finds just one more threat offensively, this team will find themselves experiencing a world of luxury in terms of finding space.
Riyadh by 4.
Hassan007  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2023 8:33:20 PM(UTC)
Hassan007

Groups: Forum Member
United States

Crazy to think it’s the final week of MB

7:30 slate

Granada - Lahore

Potentially a good matchup if Granada hits some shots. We know Mr. Capone is gonna go out there and hoop. If Malik Zubi can give 15 and the rest just 6-7 points they could steal this win from under them. I don’t see them getting blown out because it’s the last game of the season and it’s winnable. On the other hand Shaz and Aadil are gonna have to have a repeat of last week each scoring 15 points as affan hasn’t been doing well this season. I think the Lahore defense is gonna be too suffocating for Granada to really get going (disregarding Mr. C ofc) and that’s what I think will be the leading factor in their win.

Lahore by 5

Kabul - Islamabad

Big game for us to close out the season undefeated and I think we’ll do just that. I know first hand how good Farhad is but I don’t think he’s gonna be enough to stop us. You might be thinking oh what about Tom. We have our white boy guarding that so it’ll be a slow night for him.

Islamabad by 15

Medina - Jerusalem

Ed’s not going so it doesn’t matter. Lil o breaking the 3pt record ?

Jerusalem by 25

8:30 Slate

Tripoli - Damascus

Tripoli has been on a role these past couple games. Ali is a top MVP candidate and adding yosha, nesto, and Sal this team is gonna be hard to stop. Damascus is gonna have their hands full trying to guard that starting line up but I do think they have a chance. If burger can play like he did last game scoring 16 only missing 1shot and Omar Hussein hoops like he usually does this game will be close. All that’s left is for Qasem to score a handful while the rest of the team is locking up on defense and I think they can do it. This is all depends on if burger actually comes this week heard he has varsity duties per sources.

If burger goes Damascus by 1
If burger doesn’t go Tripoli by 12

Jeddah - Mecca

Jeddah is a good team that needs one more push and I think they’ll be a threat. Unfortunately they play one of the most well rounded teams in the league so I don’t think they have a chance.

Mecca by 17

Alexandria - Palermo

Normally a game like this I wouldn’t even type nothing because it’d be a blow out but there’s an X factor for this one: Coach Feek. If he pulls up with the clipboard I honestly don’t see how Alexandria is gonna score. They also have the “Zain stopper” in Amir. The mental toll he’s gonna put on Musa gonna entail another 7/21 game. Shafic coming off a great performance so we can expect another this week. Lastly Jojo is gonna give us another stellar performance. Which leads me to my prediction.

Alexandria by 20

9:30 Slate

Mombasa - Delhi

Welp Delhi is gonna remain a 2 win team

Pete brown by 30

Riyadh - Cairo

This should actually be a fun game to watch. Nader and Gabullah are both strong guards that can score so that matchup will be fun to watch. I think the difference maker in this game is gonna be Riyadhs center Ammar. Cairo is a pretty small team so I don’t see anyone that’s gonna be able to matchup with him down low. I’m not 100% confident in Riyadh because they are inconsistent but I do think they can close this one out.

Riyadh by 7

As always, If any of these predictions bothered you, please feel free to approach me about it in person. I will explain to you in detail why I am right.