Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LonzoBall  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2022 9:51:52 PM(UTC)
LonzoBall

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We're here, the finale, winner takes all. I want to leave this open-ended, I want as many people as possible to make their own predictions here in the forum.

Jerusalem (Black) @ Sana'a (White) :

The number 1 & 2 seeds meet in the finals. Jerusalem was the only team this season to keep the game within single digits vs Sana'a when Abdelhadi was active. Furthermore, they took Sana'a to OT, all while missing their number 1 pick in Farhad. This is not my introduction to predicting Jerusalem will win this game, it's an introduction to proving that this is the championship game we've been waiting for. At full speed, which team is better, and which team wants it more? I think we really get to find out this Tuesday, and we can all certainly expect a great game. Now to get into some of the nitty gritty. Of course, all eyes are on one of MB's GOAT, Abdelhadi. He should find a tougher time putting the ball in the basket than he usually does with Farhad on the court this time around. Abdelhadi will probably have to find most of his success in transition or at the perimeter, which are definitely options within his arsenal; though I don't believe he's been tested in that way this season, so if that moves him out of his comfort zone even slightly, that'll be to the advantage of Jerusalem. Outside of that, Jerusalem has once before done a very proficient job slowing down the rest of this Sana'a attack, with one exception in Kareem who got the majority of his points in the first half. On the other end, most eyes are on Hassan who seems to be a runner-up in that MVP conversation. Hassan had an excellent game last time they faced Sana'a, and since week 2, Hassan has been extremely consistent regardless of matchup. Farhad will be there to clean up on second-chance points, Aadil will bring the energy constantly pushing in transition, and Ahmad came up big time in Lil o's absence (was essentially absent) last game and spaces the floor beautifully. Though the story here is Sana'a defense, as mentioned in the podcast, this team is extremely deep defensively. Through a thorough understanding of Jerusalem's personnel, I think almost anyone can match up with the Jerusalem players with maybe the exception of Farhad due to his size. They check all the boxes on that side of the court. Speed and strength come through Abdelhadi, Billal, Kareem, Ramzy, and Jehad. They also have players capable of guarding the perimeter like Mo Masri, Diya, and Hasnan. Knowing these guys, they might go into this game with the "switch on everything" strategy because they mostly can. Explaining that allows me to clarify what was said in terms of X-Factors on the podcast, through that chaos, that leaves windows for the likes of Ahmad Saleh, Miroui, and Lil O to get open shots. At the end of the day though, this is a championship game, you can expect both teams to go out there putting everything on the line, so it would not surprise me if we finally got to see Billal go out there and remind us that he was once at the top of MVP talks only a couple seasons ago. It will not surprise me if he makes scoring an absolute mission for whomever he guards to remind us he was last season's DPoS. This is why these are our X-Factors, so now this begs the question, "Does it boil down to the ol'reliable's of the two teams in Abdelhadi and Hassan, or are they forced to look to their other options to give their team the advantage?" I'm honestly not sure how this game will turn out, but I sure am looking forward to it, I'll leave it here as a toss-up, and I know...borinnngg. Well make it fun and let everyone know what you think! Reply to this post with your predictions!

It has been a pleasure, I hope everyone had a great season, and until next time, peeaaccee!