Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LonzoBall  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2022 2:02:22 PM(UTC)
LonzoBall

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Elite 8, things coming down to the wire, and competition's looking spicy.

Sana'a vs Tripoli - The versatility of Tripoli's squad is what does it for me. They have the guards to defend the perimeter, and the very mobile bigs to help with that. I'm also expecting Jean and Connor to get real aggressive down low. Though all season that's been the only reason I've predicted against Sana'a, and time and time again, I was wrong. This team is deep, and practically everyone is capable. Though the matchup isn't too pretty for them, I certainly expect them to put up one helluva fight, and possible pull out the win.
Tripoli, by 4.

Cordoba vs Alexandria - I'm at MB every week, 8-11, and yet, I haven't managed to attend a single Cordoba game. Throw this prediction in the trash if you will Alexandria, but I thought I'd type up something. Alexandria brings crazy energy, and Musa is finally coming back to form. Jay will get to the rim, dude is an athletic freak, and so long as their teammates hit from deep this team's got a legitimate shot. As for Cordoba, ya'll are undefeated, makes it very hard to predict against. All I do know is...gameplan is to get Pat to shoot poorly, tough task though, I know.
Cordoba by 8.

Kazan vs Baghdad - Amir, how??? If you can promise another game like that, I'll switch this prediction up real quick. Issue is Hart over here is also puttin up some crazy numbers, boy I see you!! Kazan is the offensive dynamite of this league this season, literally everyone they have is capable of scoring 15+ (excluding Tex ofc, LOL ly dawg), and that boy Radi and the Will of D hittin from deep have been a major issue for opposing teams. I will say this though, the defending champs are that for a reason, so they can undoubtedly bring it all together for Thursday and put up some numbers. In fact, I expect them to, but like always with this team, their defense is their weakness, and boy will it show against Kazan.
Kazan by 10. Oh and score: Kazan 87 - Baghdad 77

Bukhara vs Dhaka - I can't wait, I just can't wait...man I'm so excited. Also hope to see my fellow shooter in Fahad make it for this game. Let's have a blast gentlemen.
Bukhara.
chrisTEX  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2022 3:10:52 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Groups: Forum Member
Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Beat me to it! Clicked post right before me lol

Elite 8! Here we are. Before I get into the predictions, I just wanted to shoutout all 8 teams for getting to this point. MB March Madness! Let's get it.

Sana'a vs Tripoli - For the record, I was well aware that Beirut was going to be missing key players last week. Who am I to give out key info on my boy's team?! Tripoli beat a Mingo/Luis-less Beirut, that only came to the game with 5 guys. Unfortunately, I doubt they will play Sana'a without their top guys. I fully expect all of Sana'a's heavy hitters to be there. Sana'a almost had a scare round 1, beating Granada by just 2 points. I do think that the full Granada squad they played is slightly better than a full Tripoli squad though. Give me Sana'a by double digits.

Cordoba vs Alexandria - Cordoba got a bye week first round, due to a Lahore forfeit. Alexandria squeaked by, beating Palermo by 3. I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but I do know Alexandria was down big at one point, and was able to make a comeback. Moose will definitely have his hands full this week, with a Cordoba squad that has unlimited weapons. I am going to go with another double digit win here.

Kazan vs Baghdad - Game of the week! I actually got to watch the first half of Baghdad's game, and Amir could not miss. Ended with 37 on 11/14 shooting behind the arc. Props deserved, sir. I am glad he got that out the tank last week, and I hope he does not have a repeat performance this week. Kazan took care of business against a team that likes to disrespect their captain, Danny. We only had 5 yet again, but no worries. This one should be a close one all game. I don't predict a blowout either way. I will go with Kazan, 85-30.

Bukhara vs Dhaka - This is a tough one to predict. I want to go with Bukhara here, but I have a feeling Dhaka might win this. They barely got by Medina, but Medina is a very solid squad as well. Zain has been on one this entire season, and he has the supporting cast to win again this week. As I am typing this, I want to change my pick to Bukhara, because they have so many weapons as well. This game is a toss up. I will go with my gut, and say Dhaka by 1.

Good luck to all! Except Baghdad.

Cool
umarimran1  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2022 6:35:17 PM(UTC)
umarimran1

Groups: Forum Member

Elite 8, Congrats to all the teams that’ve made it this far.

Sana’a vs Tripoli – Not going to predict my own game.

Cordoba vs Alexandria – Going to go with Cordoba on this one because I don’t think anyone can stop Chris, Pat, and Gary all three guys can shoot and drive the ball with ease. One thing Cordoba does lack is rebounding so if Alexandria can somehow control the boards, we could see a different outcome. Musa can definitely ball and is having a great season almost averaging a double double but I just don’t see them having three solid defenders to guard Cordoba’s big 3. Alexandria’s supporting cast must come up big for them to have a chance at this one. Cordoba by double digits.

Kazan vs Baghdad – Game of the week. This is going to be a close game for sure but I’m leaning towards Kazan because of their ability to rebound the ball. Both teams play extremely unselfish and are among the league in assists. Kazan also shoots a lot of 3s if Baghdad can limit those 3s we could see an upset here. But by the way Kazan has been shooting all season I don’t really see that happening any time soon. This game is definitely going to come down to who wants it more and which team is going to be better defensively. I’ll take Kazan by 4.

Bukhara vs Dhaka – Another game of the week in my opinion. Both teams play a similar style of basketball, and both play at their own pace. I have Dhaka slightly over Bukhara just because of Zain. Going to be a great matchup nonetheless with Big O and Zain. If Fahad plays I would’ve had Dhaka by a lot more and his presence will be missed in games like these but Ameer has been making up for it and again is have another solid year. The x-factor for Bukhara is Billal if he comes to play then I honestly see Bukhara winning. Lil O and Mustafa have been playing well all season long and if they can continue playing how they’ve been playing along with Billal playing how he did last week I could see Bukhara coming out on top. But for now I have Dhaka by 5.