Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KP MVP LADDER  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 3:36:10 AM(UTC)
KP MVP LADDER

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Muslim Basketball's back for another exciting season! Last year we saw amazing talent week by week as the top players in the division played their hearts out trying to lead their teams to glory. These players went the extra mile for their team and without them on the court their teams would fall in shambles. The effect they have on the court can be seen through both what does and does not show up on the stat sheets; it's the little things they do that help fuel the fire of their teams. Through their leadership and great play, week in and week out, they hope to do everything in their power to elevate their teams to the next level. These aren't any ordinary players, these are MVP caliber type of players. Welcome to this week's edition of the KP MVP Ladder.

1. Patrick Jaramillo, Kazan

Wasn’t the prettiest of games for Kazan this week with their loss to Tehran but Pat’s been doing his thing all season long and doesn’t look to be slowing down any time soon. He’s averaging 35 ppg on 44% shooting, 12.3 rbg, 5 apg, and 4 spg at almost the midpoint mark of the season. These numbers are all higher than his respective final season averages at the end of his MVP winning campaign last season. Kazan’s scary, Tehran was able to get the best of them this past week but don’t think they’re going to let this one loss (and couple of ejections) get to them. They’ll be back after the smoke clears up and Pat won’t stop for anything.

2. Mohammad Abdelhadi, Kabul

If you haven’t watched Kabul play yet this season, make sure to find some time to watch them this week. The teams been dominant with 2 impressive wins to their name so far this season and they’ve got Mr. Abdelhadi to thank for that. The man has returned to the league years later and has not missed a step, he actually looks better if that even makes sense. He’s averaging 20.8 ppg on over 50% shooting from the field, 11.8 rbg, and 2.3 apg. The funny part? I don’t even think that’s his 100%. There’s a reason he’s on the Mount Rushmore of MB players and Kabul is in great hands with him leading the force. Big time game for Kabul this week against a Mombasa team that’s trying to rebrand their name and return to the ominous force they once were.

3. Mohamed Amin, Tehran

Tehran’s got one loss on the season, you know who wasn’t playing that game? Mr. Amin himself. Tehran returned this year without a few of their stars from last season and Mo Amin has picked up the slack and made sure Tehran has not missed a beat. He’s averaging 17ppg in roughly 50% from the field and 12.7 rbg. He’s keeping Tehran in the conversation and proved his worth with a big time win and performance against the defending runner ups from last season. Don’t sleep on Tehran, Mo will make sure you don’t.

4. Leonard Lee, Sarajevo

Sarajevo is probably the biggest sleeper on the season thus far. The teams got five guys averaging double digit points on the season. To say that Leonard is the sole driving force would not be fair but from the last two games that I’ve seen I’d have to tip my hat off to Leonard who’s looked absolutely dominant on both ends of the court. He’s averaging 21.3 ppg on roughly 54% from the field, 6rbg, 4.7 apg, and 2 spg. Sarajevo’s got a bunch of guys who can score and they’ve shown it in the 3 games they’ve played this season.

5. Idris Abdus Salam, Islamabad

My sleeper pick for MVP this season. On a team with two other solid MVP candidates in Billal and Zain, this man has been the purest scorer I’ve watched all season long. His timely buckets, great passes, and air tight defense are a large part of the reason why Islamabad has gotten off to their 4-0 start. He’s averaging 16.3 ppg on an astounding 68% from the field! The man is having a career season and so long as Islamabad has him on this hot streak they will not have any trouble winning games. Hats off to a stand up player.