Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
the MB Insider  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 5:06:44 PM(UTC)
the MB Insider

Groups: Forum Member
United States

We're just about a a third of the way into the regular season and here are my summaries for each team thus far:

- Alexandria (0-3): Their giving teams a tough time defensively, ranking 8th in total offense so far this season, but they need to figure something out offensively. Their leading man in PPG is Colin Hyland averaging just about 11 PPG, and that's not going to cut it. They're in the bottom half of the league in FG% and 2nd to last in rebounding, that's going to have to go up if they want to start winning games.

- Baghdad (2-1): This is a great 3 point shooting squad and that opens up the paint for penetraion by both, the bigs and the guards. They have 2 players shooting over 35% from deep and 2 shooting over 57%! This team could absolutley light it up. The only knock on their game thus far, is their defense, they fix that, and they're competing for a title.

- Beirut (2-1): A very good all-around team led by Jon Mingo who could absolutely ball out. I watched their game last week against Baghdad, and Mingo just started settle for deep 3's late in the game. I want to see him attack and create for himself and others, he is one of the best passers in the league. Nick Marquez is a sniper from deep, but had his struggles from downtown last game. Despite his struggles, they only lost by 3, (which Nick missed late in the game). Goes to show how deep this team can be, and you can't rely on Nick missing open looks, I doubt it'll happen again.

- Cairo (1-2): Cairo could be dangerous, if Abdul were to show up to the games. The 1-2 combo of Abdul and Goldberg could be lethal and would give every single team trouble. Yusef Elmonayery had himself a great game last game, but they fell short. They won their only game they had Abdul and Goldberg, and if Yusef and the rest of that supporting cast can play as well as they did last week when Abdul is their, they can be dangerous.

- Cordoba (1-2): They're giving up WAYYY too many points on defense. They're scoring a lot, but giving up WAYYY to much. Keep playing great on offense, but lock-up at least a little bit on defense, I mean come on, giving up 72 PPG? You play a little defense, teams will have a tough time against you guys.

- Delhi (1-2): Their biggest man is 6'2, and thier biggest man that plays like a big man is 6'1. They just don't have enough height. Muhanad plays bigger than he is, but they just don't have the height to compete with some of they bigger guys in the league. The Tamimi brothers are having a tough season, they'll need to step up if Delhi wants a shot at the chip.

- Dhaka (3-0): They just find ways to win, they're behind in games, and it seems like they might lose, but they some how find a way to win. You can never count them out, they are too experienced and too good. They have great chemistry and can ball out. Look for them to make another run at the trophy.

- Fez (0-3): I've watched 2 out of the 3 games. You guys HAVE to 1) Take smarter shots, 2) Move the ball around, and 3) Get back on defense. Too often do I see a player pull up from 3-4 feet behind the arc, and the rest of the team just watch as it clangs off the rim and the opposing team runs on the break. You played better last week, just get back on defense and move the ball around.

- Granada (1-2): The defending champs changed up their roster this passed off-season, and they haven't jumped off to quick start. I would criticize their game, but they were the 15th seed last season before making a remarkable run in the playoffs. I can't wait to see what they have cooking up. P.S: Waqas man. Waqas. Does he miss from the mid-range?

- Islamabad (3-0): Bilal will be their catalyst and he will spark games for this team with his hustle and ability to defend the best player on most teams. (Other than the big men) Zain and Idris were greta pickups that provide a different dynamic for this squad. Zain Abdeen is like the glue to this team being able to hold everything together, and him and Biggz have played really well together so far. Idris provides 3 point shooting which is what Islamabad has always struggled with. He's scoring 15 a game, 65.4% from the field and 55.6% from 3. They just need to be able to rebound a little better. would've loved to see them add another big.

- Istanbul (0-3): Ever since they had that great season a few seasons ago, they've had a tough time playing well. They're not moving the ball around well enough which leads to not-so-good shots. Thost shots lead to a pour FG% and that's how teams will beat you. Get the ball moving, find the open man, and convert the open shots.

- Jakarta (1-2): They havn'e had their full squad yet this season. Fist Himey, their coach and defensive leader, was out. Then Ed, their go-to scorer was out. I have to see this team in full force to make a full judgement. Their defense has struggled, but I'm not sure if that's because Himey hasn't been in the lineup. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

- Jerusalem (1-2): They're a bunch of older veterans led by young up and comer Omar Abbassi. They finally got their first victory last game, let's see if that victory could give them momentum moving forward. If they want to be relevant, they need to do everything in their power to get Omar Abbassi open shots. He has to take initiative and be their star. They need to slow the game down and get good quality shots and hustle back on defense.

- Kabul (3-0): They have Mohammad Abdelhadi who is one of the top 5 best Muslim Basketball players of all time. They've played some stellar defense and offense, ranking in the top 5 of both categories. However, they haven't played worthy opponents. Their opponents have been nothing more that subpar. Next week will be a great test when they take on Dhaka.

- Kazan (3-0): Patrick will light it up against anybody and has teammates that bought into just finding ways to get him the rock in good positions. They won a game by forfeit, their first game was against a not-so good team, and they won game 3 against a Cairo team minus Abdul. I think this team can go all the way, but I want to see how they play against tougher competition.

- Lahore (1-2): To start the season, I thought this team would be one of the toughest teams to go up against. I don't know why they're having such a slow start to the season. Maybe their is chemistry issues? I'm not entirely sure. Ahmad Saleh is going to have to shoot better from the perimeter. Moayad and Hosam aren't playing too poorly, and Omar Mana is having a career year. Let's see if they figure this thing out moving forward.

- Mecca (1-2): They lost their first 2 games and then one their third... without Anas Najib. Omar Qasem had a great game in Week 3 and it's almost as if Anas is holding him back. They're in the top 10 defensively, but fall to the bottom 5 offensively. Anas and Omar will have to figure things out to propel this team to more victories.

- Mombasa (2-1): The 1 loss came against a good Islamabad squad without their best man, Raza. Raza Nassim is averaging 21 a game shooting 54.5% from the field. Pete played a lot better in the absence of Raza going for 20 and 15. If he could provide that when Raza is on the hardwood, this team will be a force to be reckoned with.

- Riyadh (2-1): This is a good team that won't go down without a fight. The only issue is they are only averaging 7.3 assists a game, and 35% fro the field as a team, and that's just too low. The more I look deeper into these teams, the more I see that assists per game and FG% go hand-in-hand. Get that rock moving, find the open man, pick up that percentage, and this will be a good season.

- Sana'a (0-3): Very simply, they are not scoring enough. They don't have that one man that can just take over, and every team needs that. They're dead last in rebounds per game, dead last in assists per game, 2nd to last in points per game, 2nd to last in field goal percentage, and 2nd to last in 3 point field goal percentage. That's not going to win you games.

- Sarajevo (2-1): They're scoring at such a high rate, it almost seems impossible to slow them down. They're in the top 8 in assists per game and they shoot at the highest rate from the field. They're only loss came on a forfeit against Kazan, man what a match-up that would've been. They like to run the break and move the ball around until an open shot opens up. Leanord Lee will lead this team, but the rest of the team needs to keep on playing as well as they already are. They won game 3 without Luke and John who scored 18 and 16 week 1, respectively.

- Suba (3-0): They have the best defense right now, but against the 3 teams that rank 24th, 23rd, and 22nd offensively this season. I think this team is good, and they can possibly make some noise, but I'm going to need to see some more games. I think Sasa is a very good guard who will find people open, and player like Aymen and Aytac will feed off of that. Like I said however, I'm going to need to see this team play against better opponents.

- Tehran (2-1): Yaqob Wallizadeh and Mohamed Amin will have to lead this team. Yaqob could really light it up from deep and he stands at 6'4. He won't give up size, and will still provide the offense necessary to push this team to wins. Mo Amin is a complete player averaging a double-double right now. They changed up their roster, and this team looks just as good as it did in past seasons. Hats off to Ali Omari being able to consistently put well constructed squads on the court.

- Timbuktu (1-2): They started off the season 0-2 and then they go and add Mujtaba. And what do you know? They go on to win with Muj playing. Shafic Itani is talented and can score from almost anywhere on the court. Khaled Saleh provides the size they need while also being able to score from anywhere. And we all know whay Mujtaba can do. They're just going to need to step up defensively in order to make a real run.
Idris89  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 3:33:20 PM(UTC)
Idris89

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Great job! Thank you for taking out the time and writing this so the rest of us can enjoy.