Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KP MVP LADDER  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 11:26:40 AM(UTC)
KP MVP LADDER

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Muslim Basketball's back for another exciting season! Last year we saw amazing talent week by week as the top players in the division played their hearts out trying to lead their teams to glory. These players went the extra mile for their team and without them on the court their teams would fall in shambles. The effect they have on the court can be seen through both what does and does not show up on the stat sheets; it's the little things they do that help fuel the fire of their teams. Through their leadership and great play, week in and week out, they hope to do everything in their power to elevate their teams to the next level. These aren't any ordinary players, these are MVP caliber type of players. Welcome to this week's edition of the KP MVP Ladder.

1. Mohamed Amin, Sana'a
Only one undefeated team remains and the charge has been led by Mo Amin for the most part. Before I continue, shoutout to the statkeepers who really are doing their best given the circumstances; keep up the good work ;). Anyways, whether or not Mo had 10 turnovers aside from those blunders he had himself an efficient game this week finishing with 15 points on almost 60% shooting and 10 boards. The turnovers definitely need to decrease but hey Russel Westbrook and James Harden led the league in turnovers this year and they were 1 and 2 in MVP voting so.. who knows. Sana'as looking good at the midseason point, let's see what the second half of the season has in store for them.
Last Week's Ranking: 1

2. Raza Nassim, Mombasa
Raza takes advantage of no big O this week and lands himself at #2 with a productive outing. He finished this week with 19 points, 10 assists, 7 boards, and 4 steals. Sheesh, the former MVP sure is giving the other candidates a run for their money. Mombasa is rooolllling and they don't look to be slowing down anytime soon. Quick shoutout to Mastaweiss who had himself a very efficient game and is surely the #2 option on this team. This teams got plenty of weapons overall and with Raza leading the charge they aren't a team I'd want to see in the playoffs.
Last Week's Ranking: 2

3. Omar Abbassi, Islamabad
Big O didn't play this week but his absence led to his team ended their 4 game win streak and losing their first game of the season. Seems like a pretty solid argument for MVP to me. He'll be back and Islamabad will bounce back though.
Last Week's Ranking: 3

4. Moayad Abulhuda, Amman
Love or hate Amman, you've got to give credit to Moayad for what he's been doing this season. He finished this week's game with 21 points on 60% shooting, 8 boards, 4 assists, and a block. For all the knocks that have been put on his game in the past, there has definitely been a significant change this offseason as he's now averaging a career high in points, assists, steals, and blocks, nearly every category across the stat sheet. Some may argue their schedule hasn't been that difficult thus far but regardless of the fact you still have to come in and play week in and week out if you want to win. Halfway through the season it's clear Moayad wants to win and so does Amman standing at 4-1 with one nasty loss to the absolute studs that play for Cairo. Man those guys are awesome, I don't know why I haven't mentioned them at all till this point. Hmmm Rigggged, the internet's great XD
Last Week's Ranking: N/A

5. Mujtaba John S, Jakarta
It's been 5 weeks and Mujtaba's name hasn't entered the top 5 till this week. It's not that he's been playing poorly, it's just that the bar is set up so high for him because of all his accomplishments throughout his decorated career. It's definitely time to recognize him for what he's been doing this season as Jakarta surely wouldn't be standing at 3-2 with 2 close losses without him. He finished this week with 21 points on over 60% shooting and didn't even have to play the whole game as his team won in a rout. Hold up brief pause. I just want to remind everyone to STOP SLEEPING ON CAIRO, WAKE UP EVERYONE! OPEN YOUR EYES! The players on Cairo were making sure everyone else wakes up they forgot to set their alarm clocks and wake themselves up to play this past Saturday and Mujtaba and co took advantage. In all seriousness though, all love to the guys on Cairo; I know you guys are just excited for the season and balling out, but please there's no need for the constant reminder to the rest of us to wake up and stop sleeping.
Last Week's Ranking: N/A

Next 5 Up?
Omar Qasem, Granada (you'll crack the top 5 soon, hang in there); Raied Saleh, Sana'a; Abdul Mutaleb Popal, Palermo; Luis Rodriguez, Amman; Johnathan Mingo Jr., Beirut

Next Up?
Ahmad Odeh, Alexandria: I might've picked out the wrong most valuable player out of Alexandria going with Bernie Pimental who's gone MIA after balling out the first two games of the season. I might still be picking wrong but Ahmad's proven he has potential doing a lot of the scoring these past few games for Alexandria as they now stand at 4-1. He shoots over 40% averaging 14.4 ppg, 4.6rpg, and 3.4apg. Alexandria needed the extra offense to come from somewhere and if Bernie wasn't the answer maybe Ahmad is. 5 more games to go, we'll keep an eye out.
Tman13  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 1:46:11 PM(UTC)
Tman13

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Getting better!
Himey  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 8:02:45 PM(UTC)
Himey

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I think Omar Qasem gets in there with a win, and a loss by anyone of the bottom 3.
Ibrahim Omar
MB Commissioner
commissioner@muslimbasketball.org
Oqas4205  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 1:59:35 PM(UTC)
Oqas4205

Himey wrote:
I think Omar Qasem gets in there with a win, and a loss by anyone of the bottom 3.

just saw this, good looks himes (:
Big O  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 5:05:06 AM(UTC)
Big O

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I know he's doing a lot in the court overall, but you can't be in the MVP conversation if you're shooting 35%.
#16 Areeha