Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Idris89  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 8:05:49 AM(UTC)
Idris89

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just my predictions. I could be wrong.

Tripoli/Damascus: Tripoli has some great athletes as well as that guy named Muj. Damascus has a pretty balanced team, with size (Mo Amin) and guard play (Faizan and Andre). This should be a close game with Tripoli closing it out with a win.

Jeddah/Palermo: Two teams in search of their first victory. Who wants it more? MB mainstays Palermo need to improve their free-throw shooting (11-21 last game and lost by 5) and Jeddah needs to improve on defense (gave up 70 points). I predict a close game here as well, with Palermo pulling it off.

Alexandria/Jerusalem: Alexandria is one of the most balanced teams in the league. Adham did a good job constructing this team. They have a unique combination of guard play, athleticism and size. Watch out for these guys. Jerusalem has a dynamic duo of Tyrek and Steven, along with the solid Abbassi supporting cast. Alexandria in a close one.

Dhaka/Bukhara: This was a tough one. Popal vs. Moose will be cool to watch (if they matchup). Dhaka has a long rotation of players. I just don’t see Bukhara with enough offensive firepower to take down Dhaka. Moose and Rajab (brothers) need to have great offensive games. Barring that, Dhaka by 5+.

Timbuktu/Baghdad: Following Commissioner here, won’t pick in my own games.

Sarajevo/Islamabad: Farhad had an off game last week vs. Timbuktu. If he plays Farhad-like, they are tough to stop. Nicholas vs. Fursan will be a great matchup of young and talented guards. Sarajevo and their experience in a close one.
ef_128  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 1:49:40 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Tripoli/Damascus: not picking my own games

Jeddah/Palermo: Jeddah will need a few games under their belt to get their engines rolling. Palermo should win. Later in the season might have a different ending.

Alexandria/Jerusalem: This game will come down to Aymen. If Jerusalem contains him, they can win. If not, (and Aymen hits his shots) Alexandria rolls on.

Dhaka/Bukhara: Don't remember the last time Bukhara lost 2 in a row. Dhaka better be ready. Bukhara wins.

Timbuktu/Baghdad: Current and former champs. Will be a great game. Giving the edge to Timbuktu.

Sarajevo/Islamabad: Saravejo is too good of a team to lose 2 in a row. Farhad should come back strong and the rest of the team should show up if they want to win.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 7, 2015 2:33:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Prince21  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 7:10:10 PM(UTC)
Prince21

I guarantee a victory this week. #Jerusalem #Underrated ##Underdogs #TyrekTaylor.
Big O  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 4:57:51 AM(UTC)
Big O

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Tripoli should beat Damascus. But consider Mo/Andre shot a combined 4-29 last week, and they only lost by 14 to Baghdad. If they shoot say 35% from the field it'll be a close game.

I havent seen them play yet so I really cant give an opinion on Jeddah yet. I'll be there Thursday night to get my first look, but i'll probably go with Palermo here behind a strong effort from Scott.

Jerusalem is getting no love. They beat Bukhara who has one of the best 1-2 punches in the league, and has more size - yet theyre still behind them in the power rankings and got picked to lose twice on this thread. Alexandria is a good squad, had a good win and I dont think Frank played - there are no easy games this season. But Tyrek might be the best player in the division and the league better start to notice as he gets them off to a 2-0 start.

Dhaka has a group of young guys and a deep bench, bit in the snapshots we got from the highlight videos, they had a lot of wide open looks and offensive putbacks. That wont happen against Bukhara. Mus and Raj rebound from a rough first game and Bukhara gets this one.

Timbuktu is the best team in the league. Dont take bad shots, good team chemistry. I think they overmatch a solid Baghdad team.

I wont make a pick here, but I will say Islamabad was shorthanded last week. They'll have a full squad this week and theyll need it against Sarajevo.
#16 Areeha
StarHooper11  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2015 11:34:02 AM(UTC)
StarHooper11

TeamJerusalem!