Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hassan007  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2023 10:47:24 PM(UTC)
Hassan007

Groups: Forum Member
United States

Probably the best week of MB matchup wise

7:30 slate

Lahore - Jerusalem

And off rip we probably have the matchup of the week. It’s honestly crazy to think about because at the beginning of the season no one would’ve thought Lahore could contend with the upper echelons of the league, but here we are. Starting off on the Lahore side they’re gonna have their biggest test yet. Aadil has been on a roll recently and I’ve been questioning it nonetheless. This is the game where we see if he’s the real deal cuz Billal Abbassi is gonna guard him. Aadil is gonna have to work a lot harder for his buckets against billal and I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Aadil has his worst game of the season. Then it comes down to Shaz. He can’t have himself an inefficient or quite game at all. Bro has to come out hot. It doesn’t look too good for this squad matchup wise but if aadil can actually get some buckets with Shaz scoring 20+ and the rest of the squad giving 1-2 3s I could definitely see them winning. And now for the A side. Who in the world is gonna guard mana on the Lahore side I have no clue so we can put Mana down for 20 and 20. And here’s where Jerusalem’s issue as a team comes in. They don’t have consistent scorers besides Mana. Omar Abbassi needs to step up big and be extremely aggressive. And Billal needs to hoop like he’s not engaged. Normally I wouldn’t think this matchup would be close but Lahore has proven that they’re a bunch of hungry dogs and I think they’ll keep it close. If I had to choose tho.

Jerusalem by 4

Tripoli - Mecca

Another great matchup. Tripoli is coming off a great team game and I think their first game with a full squad. Ali Hassan is gonna go out there and hoop per usual. Tripoli is gonna need 12+ from Yosha and Sal in order for them to take it away. Mecca on the other hand just beat the ex one seed. I feel like MJ has been playing laid back and I really think he’s gonna ball out this week. Him and Ali should be a great matchup to watch. Jake needs to try his best to have an efficient game and not let the game get to his head. Ameer needs to be aggressive early and not wait until the last 5 minutes to start attacking the basket. I think Mecca is a little better defensively so I see that being the leading factor in this game. Been betting against Tripoli a little too much recently tho

Tripoli by 5

Delhi - Palermo

Gonna make this prediction as if Luis isn’t coming. Delhi is coming off a close loss to Lahore and they seem to be all over the place. They played no defense and their offense was all over the place. They need to lock in on defense because they’re gonna have their hands full with shafic, Jojo, and Amir. Ian needs to involve his teammates and actually move the rock if they want to compete. Mohanad is gonna have to score a little more and keep up the rebounding he’s been doing. And if splash has a quiet game they definitely lose. On the Palermo side I just fried them last week even with towfeek coaching it up, but there were some bright spots. Jojo had 22 and Amir played well in the first half. Add that with shafic making his return I think Palermo will look good as long as they role in with the same energy.
I do see it being close but Delhi’s lack of defense and a fluid offense makes me vote against them

Palermo by 7

8:30 slate

Jeddah - Islamabad

Pretty sure I accidentally motivated them up by accident on the pod. Don’t think it’s gonna matter tho.

Islamabad by 25

Medina - Riyadh

I think this game is super simple. If Medina is able to stop Nader they should win this matchup. Ed is gonna have to give them 15+ and the team needs to play defense. But it’s definitely winnable. On the Riyadh side if we follow the current trend after they have a good game they usually follow it up with a bad one. I don’t think they do that this week tho. If Nader can score 20 and supporting cast gives him 6-10 they should win this game.

Riyadh by 10

Damascus - Cairo

The Tik Tokers seemed to have returned from vacation. The answer to this teams problems is pretty simple. If someone other then Gabullah could score more then 10 efficiently they’ll win but I doubt that happens. Damascus is coming off of a stellar performance against Jeddah and I think they carry it into this week.

Damascus by 7

9:30 Slate

Alexandria - Kabul

I think this game will either be a blow out or super close no in between. Kabul matches up pretty well in terms of size with Alexandria. As long as Tom shows up I think they have a chance. Farhad and Tom are gonna have to combine for 40+ and play some good defense for them to win. Not much to say about Alexandria they’re red hot have 3 bangin scorers and they’re all unselfish. Alexandria does have a slight history of fumbling a little bit but I’ll still back them this week. Hate to go against the champ and MVP Farhad tho

Alexandria by 4

Granada - Mombasa

Yeaaaa this is gonna be murder

Mombasa by 30

As always If any of these predictions bothered you, please feel free to approach me about it in person. I will explain to you in detail why I am right.

Edited by user Monday, January 23, 2023 11:18:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LonzoBall  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 1:39:32 AM(UTC)
LonzoBall

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Another Monday, another predictions post! Exciting week 6 on our hands, that makes for a tough set of predictions. Nonetheless, here, we, go!

7:30 PM Slate

Lahore (Black) @ Jerusalem (White):
At last, this long-awaited matchup is finally at hand. Given the hype, this is my Game of the Week. Let's ignore the hype and break this down though. Jerusalem is a team that looks to win their games defensively before anything else, and their main scorers have been predominantly lil o and Omar Mana. Lahore has a pretty obvious big 3 that does almost everything in Shahzaib, Aadil, and Affan. What makes Lahore so formidable is their versatility on offense. Aadil and Affan will do the most to push the pace and catch defenders sleeping, while Shahzaib is your "get me a bucket" guy; he'll hit a shot with a hand in his face. Beyond that, Lahore has also presented themselves to be a defensively capable squad. Now that the blueprint is laid out, let's do the math. Jerusalem has the perfect-sized personnel to slow down the Lahore big 3, but any inconsistencies offensively can prove fatal. Lahore on the hand does not have the perfect-sized personnel to deal with the likes of Mana especially, and too much effort spent trying to slow him down can be fatal to them. To me, it seems the ball is in Jerusalem's court, and especially with a hot Billal on the loose, I'm liking their odds right now.
Jerusalem by 7.

Tripoli (Black) @ Mecca (White):
Both of these teams are coming off stellar performances, and seem to be on a mission to prove something. The personnel matchup is very fair, and all these factors together make for a great game. So what gives? I believe it will be efficiency that's the key factor. Mecca hasn't been ultra-efficient given Yaqob shoots whatever shot he wants half the time, but generally speaking, players like MJ, Ameer, and Yaqob are all capable scorers who have proven to score efficiently. Tripoli has been pretty inefficient in their last couple of games, and specifically in a high-scoring game vs Medina, you'd expect they'd had a very easy time. Well, they did, but I think we all expected a little better. The next point is Mecca also proved last week they're capable of playing some tough defense, and now match low efficiency with playing against a tough defense, there are ingredients for disaster. As always, Tripoli has the talent to contend for it all, but I'm riding with the team that just upset what was the #1 seed.
Mecca by 3.

Delhi (Black) @ Palermo (White):
An odd matchup we have here, inversely to the last prediction, two teams coming off poor performances clash. Thankfully, that still makes for a good matchup. It's obvious both these teams have yet to find their groove, and a big part of that is missing players, and I'm going to assume both teams show up with their full squads. Palermo has spurts of greatness, but they fall apart quickly, and it's a bit confusing because they have a ton of talent. Delhi fight until the end, and almost tortures their opponent every step of the way. I think that's the reason they'll win, Palermo can cave very quickly, and Delhi would be the team to instigate that more than any other. Another factor in this one will be what’s now the exposed defense of Delhi, I’m not sure if it’s laziness or something else, but that’s certainly something Palermo can and will take advantage of. This may be a much closer game than people may expect, and I’m expecting Deeb to come out huge in this one.
Delhi by 2.

8:30 PM Slate

Jeddah (Black) @ Islamabad (White):
I know Jeddah was missing Sohaib last week, but that performance was quite disappointing to say the least. Islamabad is the team to beat, and they’ve shown no signs of pressing the brakes. The matchup is an easy one for Islamabad, Hassan’s coming off a 26 pt game and making a late push for that MVP spot he felt he deserved last season. I think that type of stat line persists, Sohaib will have to come out strong and aggressive to limit Hassan at all. Mo Amin, Jehad, Haseeb, and Tabty will have to show some of that life they had vs Jerusalem to stand a chance, but to be honest, there may not be a team that can stop the likes of Hassan, Zain, Kareem and the rest of the boys when healthy.
Islamabad by 16.

Medina (Black) @ Riyadh (White):
Ohhhhhhh the matchup is looking quite enticing for Medina this week, will they make the most of it? Riyadh has had a tough time hitting their shots from the great beyond, and that’s the perfect matchup for a giant slow moving Medina squad to defend well. By no means am I counting Riyadh out, Nader and his boys are much, much, much, much…lol jk, but they are younger than this Medina squad. They’ll do their best to keep Medina on their toes. I don’t believe Riyadh will try to switch things up and start chucking up 3’s; they’ll stick to what they’re good at, and remain competitive. Medina does have the right guys to matchup with Nader, and they do have enough firepower to give them an advantage. To be frank, Medina simply does have the advantage in terms of personnel, but their abysmal performances goes to show that personnel matchups aren’t everything. Riyadh will see these predictions and come to play, but for the sake of an upset and for the sake of our commissioners, you know who I got.
Medina by 4.

Damascus (Black) @ Cairo (White):
Cairo thought it was appropriate to go on vacation amidst a 1-4 season. They were struggling before their vacation, and all that vacation would’ve done is make their struggles worsen. Damascus got a major W last week, and they feel on top of the world right now. I’m hearing they’re coming for the crown, and I’m excited to see their enthusiasm translate. They’’ look to get everyone involved in what should be a plus matchup for them, or maybe Omar Hussein takes his own shot at the MVP title?
Damascus by 23.

9:30 PM Slate

Alexandria (Black) @ Kabul (White):
I was hoping I can have an easy time at the end of these predictions, but these two had to come and ruin things. Jokes aside, Game of the Week runner up, though Kabul did disappoint last week, regardless of missing Tom. That’ll be the story though, Kabul has proven that when they’re in full attendance, that Farhad/Tom duo is essentially impossible to stop. Though that may be true, the same can and will be said about the Musa, Jay, and Wajdi trio, and you know a trio is better than a duo. Furthermore, the efficiency Alexandria has hit at is quite frightening, and quite frankly overpowered. In all honesty though, Farhad is going to be the key factor, if he manages to slow down either Wajdi or Musa, Kabul has a real shot. Defense overall for this Kabul squad will be their deciding factor; if they come to play, Alexandria can be in for a long night, and Alexandria’s closest games came when Jay or Moose were limited. The ball is definitely in Alexandria’s court though, if they can shrug off whatever’s thrown at them, they’ll be fine. I do have to mention I’m rooting for Kabul and the upset though, and I’m looking at Chris and Allen to step up on defense.
Alexandria by 5.

Mombasa (Black) @ Granada (White):
Ahhh there it is, thank you Granada lol. Beyond the fact that I predict Mombasa will win, let me mention one thing about Mombasa. Elias, I’m still waiting… Granada’s offense is pretty stagnant, and I though my call outs last week would’ve done the trick, but, I’ve been let down. If this team wants to be competitive, they have to find a way to get everyone involved and they got to start hitting easy baskets. As far as I can tell, it seems there’s a lack of trust from player to player in terms of their capabilities, but if they all recognize what their roles on the team should be, they should be able to figure things out. A lack of offense means a lack of defense and vice versa, all I can do now is pray.
Mombasa by 31.