Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hassan007  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 4:24:59 AM(UTC)
Hassan007

Groups: Forum Member
United States

Due to Extreme, and I mean Extreme, Demand, the heart of the MB podcast will be giving his uncensored opinions for predictions.

Game 1
Cairo - Delhi

We Could potentially have a good game on our hands if Cairo can get their team together, which I hope they will because it's week 4. Do I think they're going to win? No, not at all. I think Ian and Luis will definitely be too much for them to handle. Gaballah is gonna go out and probably do his thing, but it won't be enough.

Delhi by 9

Game 2
Alexandria - Mecca

So we have the second-best team in the league in Alexandria ( They lost to Mombasa by 1 without big moose Alexandria is better IMO), and we have a solid team in mecca that under preformed last week. I could see this being a good game, but that depends on if mecca can get a shot to fall and play some real defense. They shot horribly last week and played a total of 0 defense. If they can get their act together, I can definitely see them posing a threat. That is best case scenario which I don't think will happen. Jay Big Moose and Wajdi are gonna be too much.

Alexandria by 10

Game 3
Islamabad - Damascus

The best Team in the league versus a team that shouldn't be 0-3. Gonna keep this one short Kareem, Zain, and Hassan are gonna be too much for them to handle.

Islamabad by 15

Game 4
Palermo - Lahore

Game of the week here, for sure. Palermo has a good squad that's inconsistent. If this team's players had some consistency, they'd probably be undefeated. For them to win this game, they're gonna need Amir Hassan to actually go out and perform no 3-12 stuff. I think they match up pretty well defensively. I think the way they should approach this game would be to put their best defender, Jason Gomes, on Aadil. I understand how good Shahzaib is, but the real threat is aadil because all his points come in the paint. Shaz is going to be shooting, but does it matter whose hand is in his face? On the Lahore side, I think Aadil is gonna come and do his thing. The kid is averaging 20 on 54% from the field. I just need to see him do it when the best defender on the team is on him and not shahzaib; then, I'll be convinced. Affan and Shaz are gonna need to be as efficient as possible, and I think they'll get the win. Could definitely see this going either way, tho.

Lahore by 3

Game 5
Kabul - Granada

When looking at this matchup, the first thing I think of is who the hell is gonna guard Farhad. We all know for a fact Mr.Capone is gonna go out there and get buckets if Granada can put a body on Tom and deny him the ball making Farhad their only real issue. I think they definitely have a fighting chance. On the other hand, all Kabul really has to do is double Capone, and they're practically guaranteed the win based on how the rest of Granda played last week. Hopefully, they can bounce back and help Joseph to get this W. Hard to bet against Farhad, tho.

Kabul by 8

Game 6
Jeddah - Jerusalem

Jeddah Honestly needs to figure out a system to win games or their season is gonna be a whole lot like this game. Jerusalem's defense is gonna be way too much for them. Mana is gonna go out there and dominate with Omar Abbassi lighting them up from deep.

Jerusalem by 20

Game 7
Mombasa - Medina

Brothers matchup, you love to see it. Not much too talk about here, tho. The retirement home is gonna get fried.

Mombasa by 30

Game 8
Tripoli - Riyadh

Riyadh is coming off a double OT win, and Tripoli is coming off a tough loss. Both teams are definitely gonna come in hungry for this win. Nader had a Monster game last week, but I don't think Riyadh is gonna be able to handle Yosha, Ali Hassan, and Sal, especially when they all had subpar performances last week.

Tripoli by 15

If any of these predictions bothered you, please feel free to approach me about it in person. I will explain to you in detail why I am right.

ShahzaibK31  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 5:15:41 AM(UTC)
ShahzaibK31

Groups: Forum Member
United States

Ok guys the best member of the podcast is here to give you guys some accurate predictions for week 4.

Game 1- Cairo vs Delhi:
Having Ian and Luis gives Delhi one of the best 1-2 punches in the league. Either of them can go for 25 a night. Also having splash as your 3rd option, is a good sign cause once he gets hot he’s tough to contain. On the Cairo side, it’s really the same thing we’ve been seeing all year so far. Gaballa has a nice game but no one else is their to help him. Need to see someone on that team step up. Not really an exciting game.
Delhi by 15+

Game 2- Alexandria vs Mecca:
We know how exciting it is to watch Alexandria play; Moose, Jay, Wajdi really compliment each others games, they’re all strong and athletic. Wajdi’s putting up one of the best underrated seasons ever. Mecca’s a solid squad overall but last week they were horrendous from 3, I don’t think that’s something we can get used to tho. Need to see Mecca lock in defensively, I’m excited to see the matchup between Big moose and MJ. This is gonna be a good game, but I think Alexandria are on a hot streak right now and don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.
Alexandria by 8

Game 3- Islamabad vs Damascus:
In my opinion the most complete team in MB this season (Islamabad). They have everything you need, in shooters, big man, defenders, go to scorer. This team is ranked #1 so far and it’s crazy to me how Hassan still hasn’t had that huge game we expect from him and they’re still moving like this. Kareem Ahmed’s looks a lot healthier this season, pair that up with Hassan and that’s a scary defensive backcourt. Damascus has no chance in this. I do see a breakout game from Elias this week tho, 25 pts calling it rn.
Islamabad by 20

Game 4- Palermo vs Lahore:
Game of the week! Coach Towfeek’s been scheming up a gameplan for his team, which sadly won’t help them win this game. It’s gonna be very close tho. Palermo has all the tools to be a top 1 team, just need to work on chemistry. Last week Shafic reminded us who he is (hopefully he brings that same level this week) Jason clearly is the catalyst for this team both offensively and defensively. On the other side the Yousef bros continue to prove why they’re the best brother duo in the league (yes I’m talking to you Omar and Bilal). With supporting guys like Ahmad, Zubair, Hasnan this Lahore squad could make a lot of noise this year. Aadil’s gonna get his own no matter what, it really depends on me and Affan, if we can get our shots we win this game. Palermo needs someone besides shafic to step up offensively. Gonna be a good game regardless, a lot of friendly taunting in this one ;)
Lahore by 2

Game 5: Kabul vs Granada:
Don’t let Kabul’s record fool you, they’re not really a 1-2 team. Farhad’s team has the advantage out of everyone in this league which is size. They’re a gritty team who likes to score the ball downlow. If I’m Granada I’m packing the paint and forcing them to win this game from the outside. J Capone is doing all he can to keep this team alive, like last week scoring 40! But it still wasn’t enough, kind of the story of this team. Someone needs to help him offensively for them to win this game. I think Kabul’s sheer size wins them this game.
Kabul by 11

Game 6- Jeddah vs Jerusalem:
Jeddah….they need to figure out their identity. It feels like this team was just a bunch of guys thrown on a team together with no clue who’s who. They don’t have a go to guy or a definitive pg. Jehad’s been quiet for this team so far but I think once he has his big game things will turn around for this squad. Haseeb has been good defensively but needs a few more touches on the offensive side of the ball. Mo Amin’s been quiet as well. On the other side, Jerusalem has great chemistry with each other, but if Bilal doesn’t show up to this game I think Jerusalem’s in trouble. We all know how good Omar Abbassi is offensively, but if he’s forced to be the one bringing up the ball and dishing the ball out instead having the offensive run through him, this team is in trouble. They relied on Mana too much to be the sole offensive weapon without Bilal. Ofc Mana is putting up great numbers but he needs Omar to score and Bilal to facilitate for this team to get to that next level. And Dw Omar’s shooting % isn’t something to be concerned about, he’ll be Aii. Jerusalem wins this game by a good margin with Bilal, without him it’s a less good margin.
Jerusalem by 17

Game 7- Mombasa vs Medina:
Sorry Ed, father times undefeated.
Mombasa by 600

Game 8- Tripoli vs Riyadh:
Feels like a must win game for both teams after their last weeks performance. Yo Shah and Ali Hassan look amazing on the court together. Riyadh needs more scoring threats, I don’t think they have anyone that can contain either of one of Tripoli’s guards.
Tripoli by 9

Vote me for best podcaster in the group, thanks

Edited by user Wednesday, January 11, 2023 5:28:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LonzoBall  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 5:37:27 AM(UTC)
LonzoBall

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sorry for the late post, but week 4, here we go!

7:30 PM Slate
Cairo (Black) @ Delhi (White):
Frankly, something is going to have to give with this Cairo team. The matchup, in terms of personnel, is fine for Cairo. The issue has been the same for them from the very beginning. They're inexperienced, they've needed a leader or leaders to get them straight. Delhi can use this game to get the likes of Ramzy, Luis, and Muhanad to finally knock the rust off and get back into rhythm. Unless Cairo has a leader emerge, cough cough Bilal, Ammar, or Gaballa, this could be a very nasty game for them.
Delhi by 16.

Alexandria (Black) @ Mecca (White):
Like I said last week; last week's game was going to tell us a lot about Mecca, so you can expect how the rest of this prediction will go. Alexandria will do what they always do, dictating the pace, and that's running all over teams. This team gets defenses on their heels from the start, and Mecca seems to be a team that struggles defensively (50 pts in one half!). This is not to say Mecca is a poor team overall, they're just unlucky to be matching up against one of the best offensive teams in the league. If Mecca finds their way defensively, an upset would be likely, especially with the likes of MJ on the court (Yaqob, pass that man the ball!).
Alexandria by 13.

Islamabad (Black) @ Damascus (White):
Looking forward to this one, I witnessed both these teams first-hand, and I can say both these teams got what it takes to make any matchup competitive. With that being said, if Islamabad underestimates Damascus, they'll have to deal with more than they asked for. Though I will say, in terms of the matchup, I don't see anyone on Damascus truly containing Hassan or Zain. Damascus could certainly reach into their bag of tricks and slow them two down especially, but that in itself is difficult, let alone also having to worry about Kareem and Idris. I don't think Damascus deserves to be 0-3, but their schedule has been very difficult here to start.
Islamabad by 11.

8:30 PM Slate
Palermo (Black) @ Lahore (White):
Game of the week. Lahore has been on a role, and it looks like Aadil has a found his niche here on this offense, and I think he'll play a major role here. Luckily for Palermo, this matchup isn't anything overwhelming, they will come in with a game plan and do their best to execute it. Something to note here though, Lahore's 2 wins have come against two teams that have much to prove; the point here is that though through 3 games they certainly look like the better team, this may not necessarily be the case. This game is in the hands of Lahore, but if Palermo shoots well, and executes their defensive plan correctly, I'd vote for them to come out on top. Unfortunately for them though, I don't think they'll shoot well enough; Shafic, Jason, and JoJo may contribute, but I think I combined team effort offensively will have to do the trick.
Lahore by 4.

Kabul (Black) @ Granada (White):
What a performance by Kabul in week 3, that's what Mr. Power Rankings and myself were expecting coming into the season, and that's what I'll expect to continue. The point of emphasis though, Kabul has allowed 62 ppg, which ranks as the 4th worst defense through 3 games; what Granada has is Mr. Capone, who does more than just score. To elaborate further, with all focus on
Mr. Capone, opportunities will present themselves for Malik Zubi and Mo Dirty, who we've patiently been waiting to resurface. Does this mean I expect Granada to win then? No, what I expect is the box score to show that Mr. Capone can again begin to rely on his teammates. At the end of the day though, Kabul also ranks 2nd in scored ppg, they will continue to impose their will, and they will continue to win, especially here in week 4.
Kabul by 10.

Jeddah (Black) @ Jerusalem (White):
Word on the streets is that Jerusalem is preparing to go on a run after their underwhelming week 3 performance. That doesn't imply Jeddah will be an easy foe, as they've held their own against some of the league's best offenses ranking 3rd in allowed ppg. The issue there is though yes they've been a top 3 defense, they're facing the #1 defense, who also have been better offensively. I don't like to live and die by the numbers, so to go off matchups and experience, there seems to be a clear advantage in the favor of Jerusalem. The Jerusalem guards will be open, it will be a matter of whether they hit their shots or not, and if not, Jeddah will have to find a way to capitalize. I've heard these Jerusalem players have been working hard in the lab this past week after taking a tough loss, so I have to ask, has it been the same for Jeddah?
Jerusalem by 8.

9:30 PM Slate
Mombasa (Black) @ Medina (White):
As always, the key to predicting a Medina win or loss is assessing the matchups. This is where and why Medina will suffer tomorrow: Pete Brown clogging the paint defensively, Elias imposing his unleashed will, and Raza running wild. By no means am I discounting the other Mombasa factors, but I believe in week 4, this is where the team's advantages lie. Medina will have to find a way to counter these advantages, and looking at the roster, they certainly have the personnel to do so. If they win the rebounding game and shoot at a decent clip, this could be another upset for Medina. Mombasa does present a positive matchup after all, so that makes predicting against Medina easy.
Mombasa by 6.

Tripoli (Black) @ Riyadh (White):
Welcome back to stardom Riyadh, great to see the competition! It was great to see them finally get a win, but it's probably going to be short-lived. Tripoli's season has not met the expectation, and I'm sure they're aware. They've had the toughest schedule to date, and they will do their best to get everything together asap. In terms of matchup, these teams are actually pretty similar, but from the experience I have observing these two teams through the years, Tripoli has more experience and talent overall. On the flipside though, Riyadh has more fire, and fire means hustle, so by no means am I counting them out. Regardless, I'm predicting an efficient night from the Tripoli squad; Sal, Ali, Yo Shah, Raied, Jean, honestly a scary squad typing them all out, they have what it takes to reach the expectation.
Tripoli by 12.

Great to see we have a couple of players contributing to these predictions. I hope this is a snowball way high up on the mountain, let's see more of ya'll in here!

Edited by user Wednesday, January 11, 2023 5:38:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified