Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : Will Pat win his third MVP title next season?
Choice Votes Statistics
  Definitely
66 %
  Nope, a new king will be crowned
33 %
  Total 3 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KP MVP LADDER  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 10:01:55 PM(UTC)
KP MVP LADDER

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

1. Patrick Jaramillo, Kazan
Pat’s your undisputed, note two time, Most Valuable Player. The man has been tearing up the league since entering it three seasons ago, nice guy on and off the court, and a true must see talent on a weekly basis. He wrapped up this season with a 40 piece as well as 11 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals. Kazan’s been in great hands these last three seasons. They made it to the championship game in Pat’s first season, came up short earlier on in the playoffs last season, and look to make it back to the championship game this season. If Pat’s playing this team is scary, if he gets in a rhythm, this team’s unbeatable. I could go on and say more but I’m positive Tex will reply to this post with his own final rankings and throw shade at this post regardless of what I say ;) good luck in the playoffs gentlemen, I expect big things this postseason.

2. Abdul Mutaleb Popal, Palermo
Didn’t play in the season finale last week but nonetheless got the win. Abdul has a very nice supporting cast around him this season and his numbers have been as good as ever. He’s won the scoring title once again, he’s clearly one of the best offensive players in this league and Palermo is my dark horse pick to make it to at least the semifinals this season. He finished the season averaging 27.4 points on close to 50% shooting from the field and 6.6 boards. Abdul’s a flat out baller, he will make you pay if you leave him open and has a will to finish strong in traffic. Do not sleep on this team, they have the potential to go real far this postseason.

3. Mujtaba Shahsamand, Tripoli
Tripoli’s on a winning steak and Mujtaba misses a game and they lose to a bottom tier team in Kashgar. If his personal numbers don’t speak enough, this should speak volumes. Mujtaba is the backbone of this team and they will go as far as he will lead them. He finished the season averaging 18.9 points, 5.3 boards, and 4.3 assists. The Mount Rushmore, first ballot hall of farmer, has a nice supporting cast this season and they are going to give any team a run for their money. I’d love to see Mujtaba take over this team and lead them to a deep playoff run this postseason.

4. Abdelrahman Moustafa, Tehran

The Rookie of the Year winner had an amazing inaugural season finishing the season averaging 19.1 points on close to 50% shooting, 5.7 boards, and 6.8 assists per game. He led the league in assists this season and it wasn’t even close. It’s a shame his team sits at 3-7 because of attendance issues all season long because this team can absolutely make noise with a full roster. Nonetheless great season from Abdelrahman, kid has a bright future in this league and is probably one of the best true point guards I’ve seen in some time.

5. Anas Najib, Jeddah

I might catch some scrutiny from Tex for this pick because he seems to always bash this squad for their easy schedule which he definitely has the right to as they’ve won some close games which absolutely should not have been close games. Raza and Anas are both worthy of this final slot in the ladder but I went with Anas because of the higher seeding and Mombasa’s struggles as of late. At the end of the day they still came out on top in the majority of their games finishing 8-2 on the season and Anas has been a big part of the reason why they stand where they do headed into the postseason. He finished this last week’s game with 18 points on over 50% shooting from the field, 7 boards, and 3 assists. Jeddah is truly an anomaly this season because on paper this team probably could’ve went 10-0 and should’ve had a much higher point differential. It seems like they’re very disorganized at times but Anas has the tendency to slow things down and bring them back together. Anas and Khalied will have to play their best basketball headed into their second round matchup because the mistakes they, as a team, have made all season long will not be acceptable come playoff time.
thanks 1 user thanked KP MVP LADDER for this useful post.
TheApron on 4/7/2019(UTC)
MAhmed  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 1:24:46 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

Originally Posted by: KP MVP LADDER Go to Quoted Post

Great job on these rankings all year Applause
Been pretty much on point. I disagree with a couple of these:

Tough call...Pat with another fantastic season, definitely deserves consideration but I got him at #2, and I’m going with Abdul for MVP - based on winning another scoring title (27.4 not even close), FG% .476, FT%.667, RPG 6.6, 1.6 asst.
Pat with a very strong line of 22pts, 9reb, 2.7 assists, but his downside is the FG% is .378 and Free throw % .523. He has slighter higher rebounds and assists will give him that.
Supporting casts are both about equal and very good, with Pat’s running mates of Craig (ROY runner up shout out for an excellent debut 16pts 7reb), JHart and Muhammad Shabazz, while Yacoub and Bilal holding it down for Palermo.

Mujtaba and Abdelrahman I agree with that.

I say put the best player on the top ranked team and that’s a choice between Aytac and Aymen, but I think we’d agree Aytac is the main engine behind 9-1 Suba. He’s their top defender, good for a double double, tied for league leading 2.78 steals. Takes care of business and he’s consistent so he’s taken for granted, kind of like Raza.

No doubt Anas had a great season and is an importance piece for Jeddah. But i’d put him as 6-10. Jeddah underperformed this season, yes they’re 8-2 - but almost lost playing 6v4 against Tehran, and had a few close games that shouldn’t have been so close

Other honorable mentions 6-10:
Raza Nassim - watch out for him in the playoffs, will be in attack mode
Billal Abbasi - In addition to what he brings to the table on offense, he’s a top 3 defender in the league…and yes defense counts in MVP consideration

Edited by user Saturday, March 30, 2019 1:27:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

airjersey  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 5:53:09 AM(UTC)
airjersey

I’m not sure you can say a team “underperformed” when they went 8-2 and finished 4th in the standings. Especially when it’s their first run together and the three teams ranked higher than them have been together for multiple seasons The only losses we suffered were to Kazan on a completely BS last second foul call (that wouldn’t have been called had the game started on time) and to Beirut in a tough and gritty defensive battle. Most of our games have been close this season and unless the other team is getting absurd calls, we usually came out on top. So people should stop worrying about what could’ve and should’ve happened, and worry more about beating us ;)
I agree with the list stated above other than a Suba player not being on there. The top teams should be represented in the MVP standings, or at least teams above .500...
All in all, this was a great season and definitely one of the most competitive ones in MB history. I’m excited for the playoffs as I’m sure they’ll be just as competitive.
Thank you to the author of these posts, I enjoyed reading them through out the season.
Good luck to all the teams..may the best team win inshAllah
MAhmed  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 5:16:58 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

Originally Posted by: airjersey Go to Quoted Post
I’m not sure you can say a team “underperformed” when they went 8-2 and finished 4th in the standings. Especially when it’s their first run together and the three teams ranked higher than them have been together for multiple seasons The only losses we suffered were to Kazan on a completely BS last second foul call (that wouldn’t have been called had the game started on time) and to Beirut in a tough and gritty defensive battle. Most of our games have been close this season and unless the other team is getting absurd calls, we usually came out on top. So people should stop worrying about what could’ve and should’ve happened, and worry more about beating us ;)
I agree with the list stated above other than a Suba player not being on there. The top teams should be represented in the MVP standings, or at least teams above .500...
All in all, this was a great season and definitely one of the most competitive ones in MB history. I’m excited for the playoffs as I’m sure they’ll be just as competitive.
Thank you to the author of these posts, I enjoyed reading them through out the season.
Good luck to all the teams..may the best team win inshAllah

True that, underperformed isn't the right word. Just not as dominant as I thought but congrats on the 8-2 accomplishment...we all know playoffs is a different game, all the best in the playoffs fellas!
This was Palermo's 1st season together, another check in the Abdul box lol :)
chrisTEX  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 4:56:23 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KP MVP LADDER Go to Quoted Post

1. Patrick Jaramillo, Kazan
Pat’s your undisputed, note two time, Most Valuable Player. The man has been tearing up the league since entering it three seasons ago, nice guy on and off the court, and a true must see talent on a weekly basis. He wrapped up this season with a 40 piece as well as 11 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals. Kazan’s been in great hands these last three seasons. They made it to the championship game in Pat’s first season, came up short earlier on in the playoffs last season, and look to make it back to the championship game this season. If Pat’s playing this team is scary, if he gets in a rhythm, this team’s unbeatable. I could go on and say more but I’m positive Tex will reply to this post with his own final rankings and throw shade at this post regardless of what I say ;) good luck in the playoffs gentlemen, I expect big things this postseason.

2. Abdul Mutaleb Popal, Palermo
Didn’t play in the season finale last week but nonetheless got the win. Abdul has a very nice supporting cast around him this season and his numbers have been as good as ever. He’s won the scoring title once again, he’s clearly one of the best offensive players in this league and Palermo is my dark horse pick to make it to at least the semifinals this season. He finished the season averaging 27.4 points on close to 50% shooting from the field and 6.6 boards. Abdul’s a flat out baller, he will make you pay if you leave him open and has a will to finish strong in traffic. Do not sleep on this team, they have the potential to go real far this postseason.

3. Mujtaba Shahsamand, Tripoli
Tripoli’s on a winning steak and Mujtaba misses a game and they lose to a bottom tier team in Kashgar. If his personal numbers don’t speak enough, this should speak volumes. Mujtaba is the backbone of this team and they will go as far as he will lead them. He finished the season averaging 18.9 points, 5.3 boards, and 4.3 assists. The Mount Rushmore, first ballot hall of farmer, has a nice supporting cast this season and they are going to give any team a run for their money. I’d love to see Mujtaba take over this team and lead them to a deep playoff run this postseason.

4. Abdelrahman Moustafa, Tehran

The Rookie of the Year winner had an amazing inaugural season finishing the season averaging 19.1 points on close to 50% shooting, 5.7 boards, and 6.8 assists per game. He led the league in assists this season and it wasn’t even close. It’s a shame his team sits at 3-7 because of attendance issues all season long because this team can absolutely make noise with a full roster. Nonetheless great season from Abdelrahman, kid has a bright future in this league and is probably one of the best true point guards I’ve seen in some time.

5. Anas Najib, Jeddah

I might catch some scrutiny from Tex for this pick because he seems to always bash this squad for their easy schedule which he definitely has the right to as they’ve won some close games which absolutely should not have been close games. Raza and Anas are both worthy of this final slot in the ladder but I went with Anas because of the higher seeding and Mombasa’s struggles as of late. At the end of the day they still came out on top in the majority of their games finishing 8-2 on the season and Anas has been a big part of the reason why they stand where they do headed into the postseason. He finished this last week’s game with 18 points on over 50% shooting from the field, 7 boards, and 3 assists. Jeddah is truly an anomaly this season because on paper this team probably could’ve went 10-0 and should’ve had a much higher point differential. It seems like they’re very disorganized at times but Anas has the tendency to slow things down and bring them back together. Anas and Khalied will have to play their best basketball headed into their second round matchup because the mistakes they, as a team, have made all season long will not be acceptable come playoff time.

LOL! Contrary to popular belief, I don't dislike these rankings at all! Anas Najib had an amazing season, and despite how good I think they are, 8-2 is 8-2. Impressive. He would definitely make my top 10 list. I would probably give #5 to Zain. No slight against Anas, but Anas ended the regular season averaging 14.3 on 45.7% shooting, 35.3% from 3, 7.2 rpg, and 3.3apg. Zain ended the regular season averaging 14.1 on 50.6% shooting, 42.1% from 3, 11.6 rpg, and 4.0 apg. Both are great seasons, but you can see why I am taking Zain. I get Jeddah had a better record, but you know how I feel about that :)

In no order, 6-10 I would probably have Anas Najib, Raza, Bilal, Aytac, and Amir.

I know no matter what I say in this post, someone isn't going to like it. I don't care :)

I will see you on this thread next season Mr. MVP Ladder!