Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : Does Pat deserve to be number one in the MVP conversation?
Choice Votes Statistics
  Yes
66 %
  No
33 %
  Total 3 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KP MVP LADDER  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2019 11:40:46 AM(UTC)
KP MVP LADDER

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
1. Patrick Jaramillo, Kazan
- No ones really been able to dethrone Pat from his number 1 ranking all season long and for good reason. He finished last week with 23 points on 55% shooting, tacked on 6 boards, and 3 assists. He did just enough to help put his team ahead and Frank T sealed the game hitting a free throw from the line very late. Jeddah is a very good team and this was a very good matchup, I’d love to see the two go at it again in the playoffs but this was a big time win for Pat and co, their remaining three games are against teams all above .500 and the smack talk for this week’s game has gotten interesting. I think people are underestimating Lahore, excited to see what happens in this one.

2. Mujtaba S, Tripoli
- It seems like Mujtaba finally has the team around him he’s wanted since he rejoined the league. He had a solid balanced game finishing with 12 points 4 boards and 8 assists. Visar, Yousef, and Jean have been vital pieces to Mujtaba’s success this season and this team is going to be sneaky good heading into the playoffs if they can all keep it going. A big challenge awaits them against Beirut this week as they themselves look to come off a tough loss and will come out firing.

3. Billal Biggz Abbassi, Medina
- Medina got the win in a close one against a gritty Lahore team but Billal had probably his worse game from the field on the offensive side of things. He’s much better than that and just had a bad day. He’s averaging the most points of his career this season at 14.6ppg on close to 45% shooting from the field and has his team tied for third in the rankings. Billal and co have a big game this week against a hot Cordoba team who seemed to be missing everyone last week. “These heads” will be watching Billal, go to work.

4. Abdul Mutaleb Popal, Palermo
- This man is something else. You can have a defender back on a fast break but if it’s a one on one situation Popal finds a way to finish strong every time. He finished this week with 29 points on 67% shooting from the field, tacked on 4 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals. Simply put, Popal has himself a great squad this season and with Yaqob and Bilal hitting shots like they have been recently, this team is scary. They have an early game against Mombasa who has been quietly good this season themselves, should be an interesting matchup and good test for this young Palermo squad.

5. Kenny Jenkins, Beirut.
- Probably the most underrated signing of the season as well as a strong candidate for rookie of the year, Kenny has been doing some great things for Beirut all season long. He finished this week with 12 points 5 boards and 5 steals. He is a cool presence on offense, able to get to the rim at ease with his strong moves in the post and plays a great defensive game. This is my dark horse MVP candidate as he has brought a lot to a Beirut team that had been struggling to make it back to the top since their sole championship victory seasons ago. Beirut is back and they are not a team you want to see in your playoff matchup.
mastaweiss  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2019 11:01:56 PM(UTC)
mastaweiss

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
bruh. billal and kenny are good players. but how is raza not on this list?

raza has them beat on points per game, rebounds per game, assists per game and fg %

oh and paul sullivan. 12.7 ppg, 16.3 rpg and 2.3 apg. 46.4% fg

i'm assuming a mombasa hater writing these "rankings"

HATEERSSSS GONNNNN HATEEEEEE

billalabbassi  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 1:19:41 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mastaweiss Go to Quoted Post
bruh. billal and kenny are good players. but how is raza not on this list?

raza has them beat on points per game, rebounds per game, assists per game and fg %

oh and paul sullivan. 12.7 ppg, 16.3 rpg and 2.3 apg. 46.4% fg

i'm assuming a mombasa hater writing these "rankings"

HATEERSSSS GONNNNN HATEEEEEE

If you're saying 2 players on Mombasa should be considered for MVP, then it's 2 thingz:
1) You're bias lol. (which is cool, you should be for your teammates)
2) They're not the most VALUABLE players, because you'll be a contender without either 1 of them whereas Kazan for example will not be without Pat. They might be considered for best players in the league, just not most valuable player.

With that being said, I don't think I should be on this list cause my team will still be a contending team even without me, but I appreciate the love and I'll take it lol.
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
aliomari17  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 1:21:43 AM(UTC)
aliomari17

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have to agree with Weiss here, nothing against Kenny and Billal but there’s some other talents in the league that should get some recognition.

What about abdelrahman on Tehran? The guys stats speak for themselves and if you speak to him, he loves chicken wings post game. 😂

19.5ppg 4.3rpg and 6.3 apg on 51% shooting from the field and 41% from the three.
billalabbassi  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 1:53:37 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Originally Posted by: aliomari17 Go to Quoted Post
I have to agree with Weiss here, nothing against Kenny and Billal but there’s some other talents in the league that should get some recognition.

What about abdelrahman on Tehran? The guys stats speak for themselves and if you speak to him, he loves chicken wings post game. 😂

19.5ppg 4.3rpg and 6.3 apg on 51% shooting from the field and 41% from the three.

He could only recognize 5 people in this post though, so maybe the other players deserve recognition, but not everyone can be recognized in the MVP Ladder. I'm pretty sure everybody can come and name a player on their team...
aliomari17  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 4:12:34 AM(UTC)
aliomari17

Man
United States

If other teams have a player in line with muj, abdul, or Pat then that’s a fair mention. I don’t think you or Kenny line up with their elite stats. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Again nothing against you guys, great players, just not on that level.
billalabbassi  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 4:29:52 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

If other teams have a player in line with muj, abdul, or Pat then that’s a fair mention. I don’t think you or Kenny line up with their elite stats. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Forget about me, I’m being unbiased here. Let’s say me and Kenny aren’t on that level, neither is Raza, Pat, or Abdelrahman. So I guess we’re now looking at tier 2? And whoever does these rankings thinks me and Kenny are on top of tier 2... well he has me in front of Abdul, but you get my point.

Edited by user Friday, March 8, 2019 4:31:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ayood2  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 5:03:52 AM(UTC)
Ayood2

Bruh move Popal up to 1... the first season he’s allowed a good squad & their 2nd in the standings with 3 games left. Walking bucket mA
chrisTEX  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 3:13:30 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
chrisTEX's MVP Ladder

Just giving my two cents to keep the forums live again! Here are my choices for MVP candidates in order:

1. Pat Jaramillo

Fan-man fan-man yeahhhh that's meee!!! (Shoutout to @hahadavis) Call me a homer for having Pat #1, but clearly I am not the only one who thinks that. He is averaging 22 ppg, 9.7 rebounds, 2.3 assists, and 1 steal a game. Those numbers sound great, but what if I were to tell you they are all career lows? That isn't a shot at Pat, more just to show how consistent he has been for Kazan since joining MB. Kazan is consistently a top contender, and Pat is obviously the main reason for it.

2. Abdul Mutaleb Popal

I am not sure how this guy isn't higher on the list. "Abdul never wins." Well we can't use that excuse anymore. His team is sitting pretty in 2nd place with a 17.3 average point differential. Leading the league in scoring by a lot at 28.3 ppg. No reason why Abdul shouldn't be top 3 on anyone's list.

3. Raza Nassim

This guy can get to the rack at will. He is one of the best floor generals in the league, and his team is always somewhere near the top of the standings, with this year being no exception. Not as many people are talking about Mombasa being that there are so many good teams this season, but nobody wants to play them in the playoffs.

4. Abdelrahman Moustafa

Hands down the ROY. This kid is averaging 19.5 points 4.3 rebounds 6.3 assists 2.7 steals and 0.8 blocks per game. Not only is he top 5 in ppg, he is leading the league in assists by a significant margin. Granted, Tehran is 3-4, but if we are talking about the value someone brings to a team, this guy needs to be mentioned.

5. Mujtaba S.

How dare I do a MVP ladder without mentioning the golden child!! What I love about Muj is not only that he is a great player, but he is genuinely a nice guy. He is the Larry Fitzgerald of MB. He is also averaging awesome numbers as always.
aliomari17  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 7:26:24 PM(UTC)
aliomari17

Man
United States

That a boy Chris, now we’re talking. I like your list better 🙃
thanks 1 user thanked aliomari17 for this useful post.
chrisTEX on 3/8/2019(UTC)
aliomari17  
#11 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 7:51:39 PM(UTC)
aliomari17

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: billalabbassi Go to Quoted Post

Forget about me, I’m being unbiased here. Let’s say me and Kenny aren’t on that level, neither is Raza, Pat, or Abdelrahman. So I guess we’re now looking at tier 2? And whoever does these rankings thinks me and Kenny are on top of tier 2... well he has me in front of Abdul, but you get my point.

How can you say Raza, Pat or Abdelrahman aren't?

1. Pat's avg 22 points 9 boards
2. Raza avg 20 points @ 52% 6 boards 3 apg
3. Abdelrahman 19 points @ 51% 6 apg

Now we have you at 14 points @ 42% 5 boards. Let's just use you as the example, you're behind in points and whatever second highlight you'd like to pick between rpg, apg, etc.

I think it's pretty evident there are some other players that may have more valid statistics.

Compare yours to lets say Moayad whom isn't even mentioned. he's averaging 17ppg @ 48% 5 boards. He's averaging more points then you at a better percentage and the same amount of rpg. So what makes you more deserving then him or any of the aforementioned players that you say aren't elite.

You also have Steve Netti who averages just as many points as you and similar fg pct but averages 10 rpg. Another player that at this point in time i wouldn't put your stats in front of.
billalabbassi  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 8:21:07 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Originally Posted by: billalabbassi Go to Quoted Post

How can you say Raza, Pat or Abdelrahman aren't?

1. Pat's avg 22 points 9 boards
2. Raza avg 20 points @ 52% 6 boards 3 apg
3. Abdelrahman 19 points @ 51% 6 apg

Now we have you at 14 points @ 42% 5 boards. Let's just use you as the example, you're behind in points and whatever second highlight you'd like to pick between rpg, apg, etc.

I think it's pretty evident there are some other players that may have more valid statistics.

Compare yours to lets say Moayad whom isn't even mentioned. he's averaging 17ppg @ 48% 5 boards. He's averaging more points then you at a better percentage and the same amount of rpg. So what makes you more deserving then him or any of the aforementioned players that you say aren't elite.

You also have Steve Netti who averages just as many points as you and similar fg pct but averages 10 rpg. Another player that at this point in time i wouldn't put your stats in front of.

Ali, please go back and read, I literally said I wouldn’t put myself. However let’s use me, you do know that basketball is more than just stats right? Only amateurs think it’s jist about the stats. Without a +-, you can’t really incorporate defense, and I have one of the best defenses in the league. Also, without a real defensive stat, I have a higher MBR than Raza, me and Moayad have the same MBR but his team is 4-3 whereas mine is 5-2. Steve is team is 1-6, so he can’t be in the conversation at all. Abdelrahman has a better MBR, idk about his defense, idk what Tehran is record is, but if you go back and read one of my predictions, I mention how big a fan I am of Abdelrahman.

Idk who Pat is. Again, it’s much more than stats my friend, much more than just stats.
aliomari17  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 8:39:28 PM(UTC)
aliomari17

Man
United States

I read that, but figured it was easy just to use you as an example. MBR includes a rating based on past seasons doesn’t it? I’m not quite sure how that works but it’s the leagues way of evaluating players. Defense also isn’t that much of a factor in the MVP race. Stats are the first thing to look at, teams achievement, also the importance of the player and degree of dependency the team has toward the player
billalabbassi  
#14 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 8:44:26 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

I read that, but figured it was easy just to use you as an example. MBR includes a rating based on past seasons doesn’t it? I’m not quite sure how that works but it’s the leagues way of evaluating players. Defense also isn’t that much of a factor in the MVP race. Stats are the first thing to look at, teams achievement, also the importance of the player and degree of dependency the team has toward the player

If you think defense doesn’t mean anything in the MVP race, then you really don’t know what you’re talking about. Sorry 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ayood2  
#15 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 8:51:49 PM(UTC)
Ayood2

I believe MBR considers the stats (ofc with respect to team) covered over the past 30 games. To which ur point would be valid. I’d definitely have either bilal or Anas on my top 5 though, both have really carried the load on a competitive team.
thanks 1 user thanked Ayood2 for this useful post.
chrisTEX on 3/8/2019(UTC)
chrisTEX  
#16 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 9:27:27 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ayood2 Go to Quoted Post

I believe MBR considers the stats (ofc with respect to team) covered over the past 30 games. To which ur point would be valid. I’d definitely have either bilal or Anas on my top 5 though, both have really carried the load on a competitive team.

Definitely appreciate your input! Give your top 5! That's what the thread is for. Anas and Bilal have both been ballin' and me leaving them out is no slight to their game. They both know that I respect their game. Curious to see who you are removing to add one of them.

P.S. - I agree we can't use MBR as a measure being that it incorporates the past 30 games. It isn't hard to make a "season" MBR. Literally just add up the average points rebounds assists steals and blocks each person averages per game. Boom. Season MBR. Just for talking points, here are the aforementioned players SEASON MBR:

Pat - 36
Abdul - 38.76
Raza - 31.04
Abdelrahman - 33.6
Muj - 27.74

Moayad - 25.83
Bilal - 24.5
Anas - 23.25
Ali - 11.08
Tex - 1.4

LOL
Jmillo89  
#17 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2019 12:24:18 AM(UTC)
Jmillo89

AMP #1 on my list! Guy is frying

And Frank O easily mid-season DPOY !

Edited by user Saturday, March 9, 2019 12:24:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Jmillo89 for this useful post.
aliomari17 on 3/10/2019(UTC)
billalabbassi  
#18 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2019 12:53:11 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Originally Posted by: Jmillo89 Go to Quoted Post
AMP #1 on my list! Guy is frying

And Frank O easily mid-season DPOY !

I got AMP too. Keep balling brotha!