Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Crystal Ball  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2024 7:45:02 PM(UTC)
Crystal Ball

Groups: Forum Member
Antarctica

As always, we begin predictions with a reminder of what is going on around the world with our Muslim brothers and sisters. Remember to keep those suffering in your dua, continue to spread awareness on the situation, boycott, divest companies complicit in genocide and use this situation as a reminder and a means to get closer to Allah.

We are officially in playoff mode. Top 4 teams were able to receive a bye in the first week, so matchups will be 5-12, according to final standings.

(7) Al-Bireh - (10) Al-Wehdat:

First game of this week will be a pretty solid matchup. Al-Wehdat will hope to have everyone back for this week and they will need it going against the well-rounded Al-Bireh. Omar Marachli will match up on Jojo and I think he could do a pretty good job on him considering Jojo likes to take plays off. Towfeek will have Raza guarding him and vice versa. This is a good matchup but I think Towfeek will come out looking to orchestrate the offense and get his other guys going. Khaled Sehwail will probably guard Jake which is a good matchup but I think Jake could do some damage inside, if he comes with the right mindset. Moe Rayyaan and Amir Hassan are also similar players that will probably match up with each other. I think Al-Bireh has figured out a way to keep the offense productive and they are athletic enough to make things hard on defense. The only way Al-Wehdat stays in this game is if they stay disciplined, slow the game down and work through the offense. Al-Wehdat will have trouble stopping fast break opportunities which could also make this game out of hand. Overall, Al-Bireh have built chemistry and with them finally having a style of play, it will be too difficult for Al-Wehdat to come up with a strong game plan to combat that.

Al-Bireh by 8

(8) Qibya - (9) Safad:

Second game of the week is between two 3-7 teams. Qibya comes in off of a great win last week and they have a nice duo in Aadil and Farhad that could really take them far. Safad will need everything out of Lil O in this one and will also need really strong paly from Deeb and Koyas. I'm not sure who will be matching up with Farhad and Aadil but I see those as two big issues that Safad has coming into this one. On the other hand, Medo will probably be tasked with trying to slow down Omar, which is something I think O can exploit but he will definitely have to shoot lights out. Overall, this game is going to be tough for Safad, because they are giving up size in positions where the other team has their best players. Also, the help could be an issue if the shooters of Qibya are firing and Raj has definitely taken care of his business from beyond the mark all season. Ali Mahin is a streaky player that could be a factor in this game if he gets trigger happy and isn't hitting. I know Safad will come in with a plan and the passion to execute, but I just think they are one big piece away from a real title shot.

Qibya by 6

(6) Khan Yunis - (11) Nablus:

So, coming into this game, there are already rumors that Ali Hassan will not be playing as he nurses a nagging knee injury. If Nablus was at full strength, I don't think Khan Yunis would have the personnel defensively to overcome Ali/Mana as many people in the league don't. Humza Shah is a huge X-factor for Nablus, as he's the only other guy that can create for himself or others on the team. Hell shoulder all of the Ali responsibilities if he can't go and this makes Nablus extremely one dimensional. Khan Yunis is the complete opposite with crazy firepower on offense. I think they lack a bit on defense and I also think they don't seem too comfortable playing together. The addition of Singer has forced Capone to be an off ball guy, which can affect confidence. However, Joey can shoot the three and having him and Elhindi out there gives a lot of space for Charrkas and Singer to operate. I don't think this one is close without Ali and I'll predict as if he won't be there.

Khan Yunis by 15

(5) Al-Quds - (12) Al-Balah:

Last game of week 1 playoffs is the 5-12 matchup. Long time friends, Idris and Zain will square off week 1 but I don't think Idris will take the challenge of guarding Zain this time around. Hassan Farhat will definitely have his hands full and his defense will be tested here. Al-Balah has a strong starting 5 and they do not have any holes on either end of the floor. Although Al-Quds has 4 strong starters, their 5th guy usually has a weakness that can be exploited somehow which has come to hurt them at times. For me, that is where Al-Balah must capitalize, and I specifically am thinking of Elias Aglaguel. He is too good of a player to not make his presence felt in this game and with a soft matchup possibly being there, they need him to have his imprints on the game. I assume Idris will guard Mahrooz, Hassan will take Omar Hussein and Elias will guard Moayad, which I feel are all good matchups and Al-Balah probably doesn't feel super uncomfortable in those. However, I feel like Zain will come to play and I dont think Hassan F has enough experience guarding him to stop him. If Zain gets going that could open up some things for the rest of the squad as long as they stay aggressive. Al-Quds is also a great defensive team and their slow pace will require Al-Balah to score a bunch in the half court sets. I think this matchup favors Al-Quds, but it could be an interesting game.

Al-Quds by 3

As always, this ain't Lavar Ball, this ain't Lonzo Ball, this is the Crystal Ball