Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ef_128  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 9:19:05 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Islamabad/Baghdad

Palermo/Kazan

Sana'a/Timbuktu

Damascus/Tripoli

Istanbul/Jerusalem
slickshot  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 3:25:01 PM(UTC)
slickshot

Groups: Forum Member

Islamabad vs Baghdad: AKA Big Bad O vs Big Bad Baghdad. Last week Islamabad fell to Tripoli's 5 players. Islamabad need to minimize their TO's and shoot a better percentage (>40%) especially against Baghdad's back court, otherwise its going to look like a layup line. Baghdad's bigs need to neutralize Omar and Fursan (scoring in the paint), since both of them are the offensive steam machine behind Islamabad.

Palermo vs Kazan: Palermo scooped their first W last week and Kazan their first loss. Palermo seems to be made up of fundamentally sound players, where shot opportunities are equally shared. Rightfully so, it seems they call can score. Kazan's offense revolves around Pride and Oliver. Palermo can beat this team with good ball movement and playing good defense on Kazan. Kazan can win if Pride and Oliver put Kazan on their backs. Offensive edge has to go to Kazan.

Sana'a vs Timbuktu: Timbuktu went on an offensive tear last week especially from 3-land (12-22!!). Probably going to want to bring that same range to this game. Sana'a always comes to play. While Timbuktu may have slightly better offense, Sana'a makes up for it in defense. In an unrelated note Edriss has been looking for his offense, He thought he forgot it in California, so I flew out there and it was no where to be seen. Someone help him find it.

Damascus vs Tripoli: Battle of the undefeated's!! This could very well be a playoff preview!! Refik/Mike/Afay vs Mujtaba/Manny/Aymen. Alot of nice matchups!! This is a toss up. If either team misses one of their trio I give the W to the opposing team.

Istanbul vs Jerusalem: Anas vs Andre. I'm going to go with the young bucks on this one!!
Let your game do the talking.

In the words of Rudy Fernandez, "I want to put points on your face." so . . Taste my rainbow :)

The forecast calls for rain.

Y-FACTOR
ef_128  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:37:24 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Islamabad vs Baghdad

Palermo vs Kazan

Sana'a vs Timbuktu

Damascus vs Tripoli

Istanbul vs Jerusalem

Edited by user Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:17:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ref6  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:18:57 AM(UTC)
Ref6

Islamabad vs Baghdad.
I haven't really seen Baghdad play and I only know a few players on their team, but from what I've heard they've been playing well. Islamabad led by the abbassi's should put up a good fight in this game but if I was a betting man I would say Baghdad? But I'm not to sure. Prove me wrong O

Palermo vs Kazan.
Idk anybody from Palermo but from Kazan, all I can tell u is that Jon pride tries to drive and if he can't he will take 40 foot three pointers. Idc who u are if your a defender you will live with that cause its a bad shot regardless if it goes in or not. People sleep on Kazan's big man who I think is very aggressive and is probably the most athletic one on that team. Mark can play too. If Jon plays well, they win. (Kazan)

Sana's vs Timbuktu
Sana's 0-2? With Edriss on their team? Say it ain't so!! Nobody can do it by themselves, not Mj, not Kobe, not Lebron. Certainly not Edriss. Other players need to step up and help this kid. I watched Timbuktu play last week for a bit and it seemed like every three they put up went in. Brian had a couple, anwar had a couple the role players had a couple. Everything dropped. I give the edge to Timbuktu.

Damascus vs tripoli. All I'm going to say is I hope the polls on the main page keep us as underdogs. Thanks.

Istanbul vs Jerusalem. I like instanbul because their young hungry and I believe got a better all around player in anis Najib. Jerusalem has Andre but honestly like I said last week I would rather see him score 15-20 and get his team involved then try to score 40 and never pass the ball. Idk Andre personally but some basketball players I can't watch because its a 5 on 5 game. Not 5 on 1. No offense it's my opinion. Istanbul wins.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:57:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

slickshot  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:08:48 AM(UTC)
slickshot

In recent light, I give the win to Damascus tonight. BIG addition in Ammar, he will be a huge defensive presence. Only way tripoli can win is if they bring in a really good ringer, but I don't see that happening unless they are replacing someone on the roster.

In the words of Rudy Fernandez, "I want to put points on your face." so . . Taste my rainbow :)

Y-FACTOR
Big O  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:20:51 AM(UTC)
Big O

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Islamabad/Baghdad - no pick
Palermo > Kazan
Timbuktu > Sanaa
Damascus > Tripoli - If muj plays, i change my pick
Istanbul > Jerusalem
#16 Areeha
Ref6  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:18:47 AM(UTC)
Ref6

Big O wrote:
Islamabad/Baghdad - no pick
Palermo > Kazan
Timbuktu > Sanaa
Damascus > Tripoli - If muj plays, i change my pick

I encourage people to root against us. Thank you.

Edited by user Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:12:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

slickshot  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:00:44 AM(UTC)
slickshot

Even if Mujtaba plays its a long shot, as he isn't healthy right now. Not to mention with Ammar on board, Damascus is going to clean up alot more boards then before.

Y-FACTOR
Ref6  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:02:53 AM(UTC)
Ref6

slickshot wrote:
Even if Mujtaba plays its a long shot, as he isn't healthy right now. Not to mention with Ammar on board, Damascus is going to clean up alot more boards then before.

Thanks for giving me the breakdown on the team I play for pal. Appreciate it.
ef_128  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:13:28 AM(UTC)
ef_128

i think Afay will shoot 4 shots from the white line .. and swish them all .. then trot back on defense
AFAY  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:15:05 PM(UTC)
AFAY

ef_128 wrote:
i think Afay will shoot 4 shots from the white line .. and swish them all .. then trot back on defense

Strange, I had that exact dream last night but you were on the sideline with your camera yelling out, "YOU CAN DO IT!" in the voice of Rob Snyder.