Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ef_128  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 1:44:14 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
#9 Medina vs #4 Istanbul
At this point, I have to take Medina. They have proved me wrong over and over again. They are way to basketball oriented to not make it to the finals. Istanbul has a huge height advantage for no team has heart and fire power like Medina.

#7 Kabul vs #3 Mecca
Mecca had a tough time vs #11 Islamabad in the Elite 8. Now they go up against the powerhouse they call Kabul. Kabul's offense is way to strong and their bench is way to deep for Mecca. The first match up between these two ended up in a 1 point difference (Kabul was without Alat and Farhad that game).

IT IS ONLY FITTING THAT MEDINA/KABUL MEET IN THE FINALS !!
4 CONSECUTIVE SEASONS THAT ONE OF THESE TEAMS WILL WIN.
Big O  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 5:48:55 PM(UTC)
Big O

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
ef_128 wrote:

#7 Kabul vs #3 Mecca
Mecca had a tough time vs #11 Islamabad in the Elite 8.

FYI - Mecca had a comfortable lead of 10-15 points for the better part of the game. Islamabad chipped away in the last 5 minutes.
And Kabul lost to Jerusalem Tongue
#16 Areeha
AR  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:21:22 PM(UTC)
AR

Medina vs Istanbul
Last time these two teams met, Istanbul spanked Medina en route a 40 point laugher, sending Medina in a downward spiral of losing 7 of their next 8 games. However, Ardell Roberts did not play, and playoffs is a completely different story. At full strength, I expect Medina to pull this one out, but they will have to be creative. Experience is on their side, but they will still have to score baskets. Can Medina score in the paint while being hounded by Ali Omar and Greg K? On Istanbul's end, can the supporting cast surrounding the Big 3 make plays? We all know they can hustle, but offense is hard to come by versus Medina's stingy defense, and it has to be a total team effort. Although I'd like to see the newcomers get to the championship, I think Medina has too much momentum and experience on their side.

Kabul vs Mecca
How fitting that these two teams meet after Malice at the PALace just a few weeks ago that resulted in both teams forfeiting. Kabul has several weapons capable of leading their team to victory, while Mecca relies on the consistent Ahmed Elfayoumi. If Mecca hopes to win though, it will need huge games from at least 2 others besides the captain. Kabul will play its trademark 7-seconds or less offense so Mecca will also have to dictate the pace and play bully ball as much as possible. Both teams are filled with experience but have had their share of postseason disappointments. Unfortunately, someone is going to lose again (maybe both!). I'm picking Kabul by 5.
Abdul-Rahman, #3
ef_128  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 8:37:16 PM(UTC)
ef_128

chea chea wrote:
Medina vs Istanbul
Last time these two teams met, Istanbul spanked Medina en route a 40 point laugher, sending Medina in a downward spiral of losing 7 of their next 8 games. However, Ardell Roberts did not play, and playoffs is a completely different story. At full strength, I expect Medina to pull this one out, but they will have to be creative. Experience is on their side, but they will still have to score baskets. Can Medina score in the paint while being hounded by Ali Omar and Greg K? On Istanbul's end, can the supporting cast surrounding the Big 3 make plays? We all know they can hustle, but offense is hard to come by versus Medina's stingy defense, and it has to be a total team effort. Although I'd like to see the newcomers get to the championship, I think Medina has too much momentum and experience on their side.

Kabul vs Mecca
How fitting that these two teams meet after Malice at the PALace just a few weeks ago that resulted in both teams forfeiting. Kabul has several weapons capable of leading their team to victory, while Mecca relies on the consistent Ahmed Elfayoumi. If Mecca hopes to win though, it will need huge games from at least 2 others besides the captain. Kabul will play its trademark 7-seconds or less offense so Mecca will also have to dictate the pace and play bully ball as much as possible. Both teams are filled with experience but have had their share of postseason disappointments. Unfortunately, someone is going to lose again (maybe both!). I'm picking Kabul by 5.

you went 4 for 4 with your picks in the Elite 8 ..
now you're going to go 2 for 2 !!
Applause
ef_128  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 8:39:03 PM(UTC)
ef_128

chea chea wrote:
Kabul will play its trademark 7-seconds or less offense

Wow