Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrisTEX  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2022 10:08:15 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Groups: Forum Member
Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Kind of slow at work, so I figured I do my little excerpt a little earlier this week. I am not here to brag, but I am pretty sure I got every single one of my predictions right. Every. Single. One.

Disclaimer: Don't take anything I say personal, but if you do decide to get mad at something I say here, I don't care. Get over it.

Lahore vs Medina - Battle of the two teams that I think are better than their record shows. Lahore is EASILY the best 1 win team. Another close L for them to a top team, but I promise you Lahore is not a team someone wants to see first round in the playoffs. Medina put up another fight against a top tier team as well. They are really in the same boat as Lahore. I got Lahore here by a very close margin.

Bukhara vs Palermo - As predicted, the Abbassi last name outscored their opponent, but that's not hard to do when almost everyone is an Abbassi. Also as predicted, Palermo most likely enjoyed their last win of the season. Shoutout to Palermo for being good sports about the predictions by the way. Rooting for you guys this season, but don't get "rooting for you" confused with thinking you are going to win! This week specifically I am rooting for the GOAT stat keeper Billal, and my guy Lil O.

Sana'a vs Dhaka - Possible game of the week. Dhaka luckily got an OT W, while Sana'a also won a close battle. I think this is the week where Sana'a gets their first L, and Dhaka pulls off the upset. It sounds weird to even think it would be considered an upset, but Sana'a is absolutely balling this season. Dhaka in another close one.

Kazan vs Alexandria - Zzzzzz. Oh. My bad. I was too busy sleeping on Alexandria, but I will wake up and write this prediction. Losing to a Tripoli squad without their full team isn't exactly going to put you guys on the map. Meanwhile, Kazan has not lost a game, and I don't see this excellent all-around amazing team losing this game either. Kazan is due for a poor shooting performance, so I won't say we will score 100 this week. Give me Kazan 99-31.

Granada vs Cordoba - On paper Cordoba might have the easiest schedule. I would say we won't know what they are truly capable of until the last week of the season, but that would be a lie. I have known these guys for over a decade. I know what they are capable of, and that is going undefeated. Granada put up a helluva performance against Dhaka, and almost came up with the upset of the season. Omar Singer is an MVP candidate if his team was playing better and getting Ws. This isn't the week they start getting Ws, though. Cordoba by a lot.

Delhi vs Baghdad - Shoutout to Delhi for making their game an actual game for once, and against a solid team who was at full strength. These are the types of games they need from Mr. Deeb consistently. Having Jehad help out as well might actually get them get a W this season. At this point, they are fighting to get their differential up, because going the season without a win is a severe possibility. Baghdad looked like they had their full squad there, and came out with a win as predicted. This will be shooting practice for them. I got Moe scoring 25+ in this one, and continuing to shoot lights out. I got Tim scoring 3 excuses and adding on 4 complaints on top of that. Laughing

Jakarta vs Suba - I get nervous every time I pick Jakarta to win, but it is hard not to in this one. Kenny, you can't score 5 points. Your team needs you more than that. I don't know if the stat keepers are just missing assists, but Steve used to be one of the best assist men in MB. He is averaging his lowest total in his 8 season career. This is Suba's chance to pickup a W and try to lock down that 16 seed! Derek needs to step it up for his team. He is capable of doing it. Having your top scorer only average 11 ppg is scary, especially when only one other player is averaging double digits.

Amman vs Islamabad - I am going to start calling #23 "Disappointing Danny." I consistently watch their games just to be let down by his performance. The corner is officially ice cold. Let me take this time to give a shoutout to Shahzaib. That man can ball. I was always just stat watching, and this was the first time I actually got to see him play. Easily one of the best in MB right now. Too bad I can't say the same for his counterpart, Aadil. He must've left his shot in his Jansport at school or something, because boy oh boy that shot is broken. In all seriousness, he is 17, and definitely a part of the future of this league. They win this game by double digits. Oh, and shoutout to Ahmad, just cause. That's my guy. Keep shooting.

Tripoli vs Beirut - Tripoli got a W with only 5 guys. Luckily, it was the 5 they wanted. Not sure what is going on with Jean this season, but I played against him in previous seasons and I know he can ball too. Beirut is coming off an absolutely disgusting win. They cannot be happy with their performance against arguably the worst team in the league. Nick shot better, but there are two sides to basketball. 3 words. HE GOT COOKED. Luckily Beirut got Luis back, and he put up his normal monstrous stat line. Kenny, you are not off the hook either. 4/14 ain't going to cut it against Tripoli. I am still riding with my boys. They get back on track this week.
Big O  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 19, 2022 11:40:48 PM(UTC)
Big O

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
It’s good to see guys like Brandon Steward (Medina) and Chris Diaz (cordoba) back in the league after about 9-10 years. Both guys look like they haven’t lost a step.
#16 Areeha
ahmadsaleh  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 2:10:28 AM(UTC)
ahmadsaleh

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Shoutout to everyone for posting the weekly predictions. Figured I'd give it a shot this week.

Lahore vs Medina - The SECOND BEST 1-3 team will get to end their losing streak. They definitely had one of the toughest schedules so far. It's definitely a close one with Malik Zubi putting up good numbers, Brandon Steward having a great year, + Sal with the ability to have a 10-3pt game at any point. On the other hand, Moayad's having a career season, Mana is going to get his double-double, and Hasan is due for a breakout game. Lahore by 3, Khaled Sehwail finally gets a game-winning 3.

Bukhara vs Palermo - The 8pm games are stacked this week. This is the possible game of the week. With one of the best duos's in Shafiq & Towfeek, every game is gonna be close. Palermo struggled to shoot all season and I don't expect them to shoot lights out against Bukhara. Palermo has to hit the 3-ball and get their guys to show up to win this. Bukhara has a DEEP roster and is #1 in the league in PTS allowed. As Tex would say, the Abbassi's will combine to score more than Palermo. Bukhara by 7.

Sana'a vs Dhaka - Umar needs to win MB GM of the year with the pickup of Joseph Capone. They've gone toe to toe with every good team so far and shot lights out week in and week out. I have to admit I haven't watched much of Dhaka. But knowing Amir, Zain, and Idris they'll keep the game close. Sana'a by 5.

Kazan vs Alexandria - Kazan vs. Musa Yanes and co. That's about all I can say. Musa (Big Moose) is gonna need a lot of help. Kazan is probably the best team in the league at the moment. EVERYONE on Kazan can shoot, even their 6'4" guy. Shoutout Joseph Radi. John and Tex will combine for 8 threes. Kazan by 15+.

Granada vs Cordoba - Granada put up a great fight against Dhaka. Singer is going to need some help if they want to win any game. Hopefully they can have Anas again this week. Cordoba lets teams score, only for them to come back and score a lot more than the other team. Cordoba will continue their streak. Cordoba by 15+

Delhi vs Baghdad - Baghdad's like the '08 Celtics, they will continually let you know they're the champs (I'd probably do the same if I won). Amir is having a "down year" and they're still pulling out W's. Delhi played much better than the previous weeks, though it couldn't have gotten much worse than their performance vs. Bukhara. Baghdad will have at least 5 guys in double digits. The "Champs" by 20+.

Jakarta vs Suba - Suba kept it fairly close with Palermo. They have a chance at getting a win this season, but not gonna be this week. Jakarta desperately needs another guard. They're missing Ed, who like Kyrie, appears to be a part-time player. Steve Netti and Kenneth will each put up a lot, but that's a given. Zeeshan and Sean Atlemose are due to have a great game too. Jakarta by 10+.

Amman vs Islamabad - The best duo in the league, Shaz and Amir, will take care of business. Us... I mean... Islamabad by a lot.

Tripoli vs Beirut - If someone told me last season that Tripoli would lose Muj and still be 3-1, I wouldn't have believed it. Ali and Connor are killing it this season. I expect this game to be close if Luis doesn't show up. Beirut lost in both games they didn't have Luis. Kenny, John, and Luis will get the confidently get dub. Beirut by at least 7.
billalabbassi  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 3:37:54 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Lahore vs Medina: Lahore is a good team with talented players that can't shoot free-throws. Medina has one ball handler, and one ball handler only. I want to see Malik get more consistent with his jump shot and stop being, what seems to be, afraid to shoot at times. You're a big time shooter, pull that trigger, trust that thing.

Bukhara vs Palermo: Palermo is 3-1. Palermo won their last 2. That's cute, Bukhara by 10+.

Sana'a vs Dhaka: Sana'a plays with grit and has shooters all over the place. I think Dhaka has a little more talent, but Idris can't only take 3 three-point attempts... This might be game of the week. Dhaka beat Granada by only 3... which makes me want to lean towards Sana'a, but I'll take Dhaka this week in a close game. Sana'a, prove me wrong.

Kazan vs Alexandria: I'm still asleep. Tex and the boys got this one, and dang is Radi good, he's a problem.

Granada vs Cordoba: I just don't think Granada is good.

Delhi vs Baghdad: "Wait till we start making shots"... stop playing my brotha, if y'all can make shots, then make them... you don't need to this week though, Delhi is a walk in the park.

Jakarta vs Suba: Jakarta is just bigger and stronger giving them a major advantage in this game.

Amman vs Islamabad: Islamabad wins cause Ahmad Sniper will not stop snipinggggg. Oh yeah, Shahzaib is pretty good too I guess.

Tripoli vs Beirut: Does Luis show up? If not, Tripoli wins. If Luis is there, Beirut wins. Tripoli has some talent but they need to play more as a unit and not so much iso-ball. Connor Fox has to play more inside, you're 6'6 my brotha shooting over 5 3's a game on 14%, get inside and exert your dominance.

Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
LonzoBall  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 3:45:11 PM(UTC)
LonzoBall

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Lahore vs Medina - Love this matchup, and predict a very exciting game. X-factor in this game is one of my favorite players in Brandon Landfair. I'm expecting season-low numbers out of Mana. Outside of that, guards match up nicely. Would be nice to see Malik and Hassan to hop out this little shooting slump they're in too.
Medina by 3, lol

Bukhara vs Palermo - Ball is Life, so I wait all week for them 40 minutes of MB I get to be a part of Thursday Nights. So I beg ya'll, Palermo, pleeeaaassseee let us fight for 40 minutes Bow Down
Unfortunately, Bukhara by too much.

Sana'a vs Dhaka - I swear this isn't influenced by Tex's pick. I look at the matchup, and the personnel from Dhaka seems perfect to hand Sana'a it's first loss. Both teams have amazing shooters, but what Dhaka has that Sana'a doesn't really is a true big. So just like with the Medina v Lahore game, the big man is the X-Factor, Zain, Thursday Night is your night! Of course this is all on paper, I'd like to think Ameer will slow down MVP frontrunner in Joe Capone, but Mr. Capone is a baddd man. Dude's name screams mafia boss lol
Dhaka by 5.

Kazan vs Alexandria - I'm here for predictions, and there isn't much to this one. Alexandria is just not on the same level as Kazan right now, not that many teams are haha!
Kazan by 15+.

Granada vs Cordoba - Still haven't watched Cordoba, so based off what I've heard and seen (stats), this is gonna be a blowout. I think Granada will put up some points, but Cordoba will just put up much more.
Cordoba by 10+.

Delhi vs Baghdad - Man I want to see Delhi at the top, and they could get closer to that if Jehad continues what he started last game, but I doubt he will. I think Baghdad's gonna have a lot of fun this week.
I'll give an exact score for this one, 84-61 Baghdad.

Jakarta vs Suba - I'm starting to look at Suba like they're the SAC Kings of MB, sorry, but I had to say it. Since my team played Jakarta last week, let me make it clear Kenny was hurt, and thus, played like a fraction of himself. He could be healthier this week, and I think Steve Netti has his best game.
Jakarta uses this week to get back on track, and they win by 20+.

Amman vs Islamabad - If Omar Abuharthieh shows up, this is his best game by far. That won;t have much affect on the outcome though, and Islamabad will have a lot of fun this week. Everyone gets a bucket! Islamabad by 20+.

Tripoli vs Beirut - Honestly not so sure about this one. Whomever shows up will win. My guts telling me Ali's gonna have his best game of the season. Let me put it this way, I feel like Kenny, Luis, and Nick are gonna need to drop a combined 50 to win, which is very, very possible. Tripoli is pretty solid, so what I'm saying is it's Beirut's game to win.
Ehhhh give me Tripoli by 1.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 23, 2022 3:54:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified