Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ef_128  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 10:31:41 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Mombasa over Amman

Dhaka over Islamabad

Both Mombasa and Dhaka started with a nice lead and never looked back.
billalabbassi  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 2:46:25 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Props to Dhaka, a great team that seems almost unbeatable every time we enter the playoffs. This team is a whole different team come playoff time. Farzad is a great guard who has handle, a shot, is quick and strong, and he makes things so much harder for defenses because of his ability to attack the paint, penetrate, and kick to the open man. Two players on this team are always overlooked. Slaman and Mairaj are the x-factors for this team. We all know the stars are Farzad and Ameer, but man do Mairaj and Salman help this team out a ton. Salman always seems to be playing with a bum ankle and he always just fights through it and completely controls the paint. He is so big, fearless, and has a great feel for where the ball is going to bounce off the rim and has such a soft touch around the rim. Teams have to respect Mairaj is mid-range shot and he will make his free throws. He gets in the paint and is really scrappy. He keeps this team calm and is a coach on the court. Props to Dhaka, you guys came to play today and deserved the win.
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
MAhmed  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 4:08:58 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Mombasa / Amman
Great all around team effort from Mombasa. Goldberg got his grown man on and set the tone early with a couple blocks and buckets. He’s fit in perfectly with the team I think I even heard him scream “give and go” in pashto lol. Yousef looked unstoppable knocking down 3s and driving to the hoop. Amman couldn’t really get anything going…the Mansta beasted on the glass as usual and Moayad stayed attacking and tried to keep the game close. Luis definitely didn’t look himself - I found out later he was sick, but overall Amman needed a superhuman team effort to make up for that but couldn’t pull it off. Congrats to them for being the Cinderella team of the playoffs.

Dhaka / Islamabad
Thanks for the kind words Biggz. I’m just an old man trying to keep up. Basically after we got schooled by Islamabad in week 2 we knew we needed to make some adjustments to play a team that’s constantly attacking and taking quality shots. I feel like if this was a 7 game series it would go to 7. In terms of today, I think the difference maker was Fahad going off early in the game (we shot 7-10 with the 3ball) and that got our defense going heavy and doing a much better job closing out on your team’s 3 point shots. We had a 10 point lead for a while but never felt the game was safe, dang big up to you guys for constantly attacking, we couldn’t take a second off on defense. Islamabad is definitely the best team rebounders out there. Even when we drew Big O out of position and it looked like one of our bigs has the rebound, he’s so smart and you guys find a way to crash, tip and deflect and get those rebounds and second chances.
Most importantly, duas out to Mohammad Suleiman who injured his ankle…tough to lose him in a game like this. Get well soon my bro

Edited by user Saturday, October 28, 2017 4:09:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ayood2  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 6:30:32 PM(UTC)
Ayood2

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Props to Mombasa as well! I have yet to play a postseason without going against them. Weiss is easily gm of the year every season, & a great big man himself. Some other note worthy observations: Sadat is low-key Chris Paul, & Raza is an absolute beast & incredible floor general. I was shocked to see his stats after the game to say the least.. I legitimately thought he finished with a triple double. His presence is always immediately felt. (Also, shout out to him for the last play lol). Also, Yousef has the slickest/ most effective jab step I've ever played against & is a huge scoring threat. You would think with all this talent I've mentioned that this is a really good team already, but then you realize they have the white hulk down low making sure that 1. No one gets an open layup & 2. His hand is two inches away from the rim when he has the ball... In other words Dan is a beast.

With regards to my own team, shabazz was easily the X factor, didn't get enough credit. Anyways good luck to both teams in the finals inshaAllah.

#AmmanWinterBall'18Champs

Edited by user Sunday, October 29, 2017 6:31:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RJNassim  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 2:03:22 PM(UTC)
RJNassim

@ayood2 😉