Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
qman612  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 12:30:02 PM(UTC)
qman612

Groups: Forum Member

Last week of the season, hopefully every team is ready to roll for the playoffs!

Jakarta vs. Palermo - Jakarta closes out the regular season strong in a blowout. Maybe Abdul Popal breaks another record, maybe he doesn't. While I am impressed with his individual accomplishments, the inverse correlation to his team's winning percentage and overall play is very disturbing. It's as if they are getting worse as the season goes on. Congrats on the records though, hopefully they will help you feel better about an early exit from the playoffs.

Amman vs. Fez - Amman has some good young athletes that are still developing. If they can find consistency on both ends of the floor, they will be a tough matchup in the playoffs. I see them taking this game from Fez due to their superior talent. They will need more than talent to make a championship run however.

Tehran vs. Beirut - Tehran beats teams with team basketball and effort. Their effort is probably tops in the league. They are clicking at the right time and will put their chemistry on display this weekend. Beirut is no slouch either, they will give Tehran a good game with their chemistry and talent.

Sana'a vs. Riyadh -

Cairo vs. Islamabad - Cairo brought more than 4 players to a game finally last weekend. That's a positive step in the right direction. Islamabad will be a tough team to upset however provided they show up instead of resting for football. I have no problem with you guys resting for football btw, in fact I encourage it, especially for the whole month of october Smile

Istanbul vs. Mombasa - Mombasa will face a tough challenge in a very solid Istanbul squad. This game in particular comes down to which team can impose their style of play more.

Granada vs. Mecca - Granada pulled out a solid win last weekend regardless of who showed up for Islamabad. They are a strong team that appears to be meshing right in time for the playoffs. Mecca lost a close one last week to Jakarta but they possess the right kind of players to play with any team and I won't be surprised to see them go on a deep run in the playoffs this year.

Dhaka vs. Alexandria - good win last week by Alexandria over a tough Beirut squad. Dhaka had all they could handle against a Damascus squad playing with a big chip on their shoulder. Dhaka buckles down in this one and wins to lock up one of the top 4 seeds for the playoffs.

Delhi vs. Cordoba - Delhi wins this one, not much else to say.

Damascus vs. Kabul - Damascus challenged a top team in Dhaka last week which is an improvement. Unfortunately you don't get props for losing, whether it's by 2 or 20. I see them getting in the win column this week though and taking a positive step into the playoffs.

Suba vs. Sarajevo - Sarajevo's talent will overwhelm Suba this in this game.
Big O  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:44:58 AM(UTC)
Big O

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
qman612 wrote:

Cairo vs. Islamabad - Cairo brought more than 4 players to a game finally last weekend. That's a positive step in the right direction. Islamabad will be a tough team to upset however provided they show up instead of resting for football. I have no problem with you guys resting for football btw, in fact I encourage it, especially for the whole month of october Smile

My old body is definitely telling me to rest, but im dumb. Wrap it tight and step on the court - a good dose of nabumetone doesn't hurt either.
#16 Areeha
billalabbassi  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:40:54 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Ima rest this upcoming week, but after that, I'm bringing everything I got. Playoffs baby! #football>basketball

Edited by user Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:41:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
aliomari17  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 3:51:27 PM(UTC)
aliomari17

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
No power rankings this week?
MAhmed  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 7:27:05 AM(UTC)
MAhmed

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
aliomari17 wrote:
No power rankings this week?

Jakarta vs. Palermo - Jakarta shouldn’t have much difficulty here. Let’s see if one of the best defensive teams (3rd in points against) can slow down AMP

Amman vs. Fez - Amman should forget about their last game and get back to early season form

Tehran vs. Beirut - This should be a good one. I can see Tehran forcing someone other than Mingo and Nick to step up for the big game. I’m going with Tehran based on their season’s performance but wouldn’t be surprised if Beirut pulls off the upset

Sana'a vs. Riyadh - Sana’a with the W

Cairo vs. Islamabad - Cairo will put up a fight but I can’t see them taking down such a disciplined and quick team like Islamabad

Istanbul vs. Mombasa - Mombasa

Granada vs. Mecca - Great win by Granada last week but every time I pick against Mecca they prove me wrong. Lesson learned #Mecca

Dhaka vs. Alexandria

Delhi vs. Cordoba - Good opportunity for each team get ready for a playoff run. Both have potential to go far and make up for a bad season. I’ll give Delhi the edge in this

Damascus vs. Kabul - Damascus looking to end the season on a high note after a close loss last week

Suba vs. Sarajevo - If Suba’s full squad shows up I’m picking them for the upset. Yacob matches up well against Rameez, and O’Neal & Neel are capable of having big games

For all those fasting all the best remember it's all mental!!!