Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tman13  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 3:47:05 PM(UTC)
Tman13

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
let's all give a good laugh at someone on Sana'a that voted, cleared cache, and voted for themselves... 31 times.

after watching some of these games this week, some things need to change.

islamabad and mombasa are clearly the best in the league.

sana'a barely beat (squeaked out the lead in the last 2 minutes), against a 3-4 team that only had 4 people. that should hurt their "power ranking".

dhaka beat the worst team in the league by 10 and let them score 68 points. something is to be said about their defense.

another tehran win, without their center, good job.

beirut- 1 point win against a 1-6 team. might as well have lost by 40.

jakarta- really taking off. when you play a bottom tier team, you need to beat them by a lot if you are a good team. simple. and they did that.

new power rankings should be...

1 mombasa/islamabad
2 islamabad/mombasa
3 tehran
4 jakarta - the mujtaba factor
5 dhaka
6 sana'a

mvp/best player
1. raza - not the best scoring game yesterday? inside information is his airbubble popped during warmups and caused his foot to sink in when running, throwing his game off. too weird not to believe.
2. omar abassi- solid double double, with a healthy mix of assists, steals and blocks. another mvp type game. guy is a monster.
3. raied - how can someone so swole be so agile and quick. he can drive to either side and hes the foundation of that team. if he got his jump shot game down, hed be unstoppable.
4. yousef shahsamand - been watching him and leonard lee a lot. yousef is mujtaba's little brother and the genes run the same. pure offensive juggernaut. analyzing his numbers, minus the outlier game, im sure it was great defense on tehrans part, 21 ppg, 52% fg and 47% 3 pointers. where did he come from? solid SG pickup on gm weiss's part.
5. mujtaba- older brother of above, another afghan and greatest of all time.

right up there with those guys, leonard lee and edriss froogh.

aliomari17  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 7:22:50 PM(UTC)
aliomari17

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Great post 👍🏼
AR  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 9:22:50 PM(UTC)
AR

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Tman13 wrote:
let's all give a good laugh at someone on Sana'a that voted, cleared cache, and voted for themselves... 31 times.

pretty sure it wasn't any one of us who did that, but we appreciate the fanfare!
Abdul-Rahman, #3
Big O  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 8:38:03 AM(UTC)
Big O

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Tman13 wrote:

new power rankings should be...

1 mombasa/islamabad
2 islamabad/mombasa
3 tehran
4 jakarta - the mujtaba factor
5 dhaka
6 sana'a

Figured I would throw some numbers/stats against this for fun. I was going to do it for the 6-1 teams, but I added Jakarta as well since you have them 4th. Based on the current records of each team in the league, lets see which teams have played the hardest schedules thus far (of the 6 you mentioned).

To date, Tehran has had the hardest schedule, Islamabad and Sanaa the easiest - Average win pct of opponents:
T (0.63), J (0.57), D (0.43), M (0.41), I/S (0.39) --> T = Tehran etc...

Tehran really has earned the spot in the standings, and will have to keep playing at a high level as they actually have the hardest remaining schedule as well. Mombasa has the easiest moving forward. Remaining avg win% of opponents:
T/I (0.62), J/D (0.48), S (0.38), M (0.19)

For the entire season, Tehran will have/has had the hardest schedule, Mombasa the easiest:
T (0.63), J (0.54), I (0.46), D (0.44), S (0.39), M (0.34)

Again this doesn't factor in guys missing games, teams getting better as the season goes along, point differential, etc... But I'd say when playoffs come around, Tehran and Jakarta will be battle tested and better for it.
#16 Areeha
mastaweiss  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 9:53:23 AM(UTC)
mastaweiss

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
that's a great post. you went from top big man to top NASA mathematician. i would have loved to play sana'a, you guys or dhaka, however, it wasn't in the stars. but we are doing our part with the other teams.
tayeb.hassan  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 10:09:36 AM(UTC)
tayeb.hassan

Awesome post. Hopefully the next time Tehran sees you guys on the court we'll both have full teams.
Oqas4205  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 10:13:33 AM(UTC)
Oqas4205

who do we got Granada or Tehran?
MB Power Rankings  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 10:58:50 AM(UTC)
MB Power Rankings

Groups: Forum Moderator

Big Grin So do I have to write the Power Rankings for the week or we taking this as the Week 7 Edition?

I'll leave some of the suspense for when they're posted, but @Tman13, some of the arguments you made, we share, some have different point of views. Insightful input nonetheless. Also glad to see some appreciation for Yousef - dude's been terrific and is definitely the X-factor for Mombasa.
mastaweiss  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 11:20:01 AM(UTC)
mastaweiss

lol the more power rankings the better.

thank you for the detailed and entertaining rankings. we all appreciate it. i look forward to reading it top to bottom every week!
MB Power Rankings  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 11:33:06 AM(UTC)
MB Power Rankings

mastaweiss wrote:
lol the more power rankings the better.

thank you for the detailed and entertaining rankings. we all appreciate it. i look forward to reading it top to bottom every week!

We do it for the fans!
Jdmsoul  
#11 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 4:19:32 PM(UTC)
Jdmsoul

I love this trash talk bout my team every single week .... tman 13 you have so
Much to say I hope you are a solid player or your team solid from
The way you talk .... because if not I don't see you opinion valuable at all just someone with a voice .... 😎 The real season begins in a few weeks we will see whose on top and whose not
kaliph_t  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:07:51 AM(UTC)
kaliph_t

Jdmsoul wrote:
I love this trash talk bout my team every single week .... tman 13 you have so
Much to say I hope you are a solid player or your team solid from
The way you talk .... because if not I don't see you opinion valuable at all just someone with a voice .... 😎 The real season begins in a few weeks we will see whose on top and whose not

He's mostly on point with his post but extremely fickle with his opinions throughout the course of the season - first Raied was in the "top 50% of the league" and now he's putting him (rightfully so) as one of the best players.
Tman13  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:20:31 AM(UTC)
Tman13

Mo - when i'm wrong, i'm wrong. I saw raied play last season and wasn't impressed to the point where he was close to mvp, but watching him now, he's a top player and i respect his game.

Jon mingo soul man - was your plan to play bad in the "fake" season and play good in the "real" season? If so, bravo! Until you learn not to take horrible possessions, your team won't be on top. My team is ok. I'm ok. We play to have fun. Just because we are not the best team doesn't mean I'm blind to overrated players and poor play. Always next season though.

Omar qasem- i give you guys a 49% chance of winning.

Big O  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:47:51 AM(UTC)
Big O

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Tman13 wrote:
Just because we are not the best team doesn't mean I'm blind to overrated players and poor play.

Ok, but the only guy you consistently point out is Mingo, and/or his team. You obviously have something against him and you calling him out without putting a name on it is getting old. There are plenty of guys getting love on the forums that would fit your definition of overrated or poor-play, but you mention them once if at all and youre done with it. Give it a rest, read the motto at the top of the page.

#16 Areeha
Jdmsoul  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:39:56 AM(UTC)
Jdmsoul

Big O wrote:
Tman13 wrote:
Just because we are not the best team doesn't mean I'm blind to overrated players and poor play.

Ok, but the only guy you consistently point out is Mingo, and/or his team. You obviously have something against him and you calling him out without putting a name on it is getting old. There are plenty of guys getting love on the forums that would fit your definition of overrated or poor-play, but you mention them once if at all and youre done with it. Give it a rest, read the motto at the top of the page.

Thank you BIG O ... I just don't get it why you hate so much .... I've avg almost a double double for my career in this league .... the year we won a chip I had 23pts and 16 in the finals.. Riyadh has a bad record but they play with heart and that's why we won by one and not 40 .... our team had a solid game last week TWo players with almost a triple double one player with a double 23 asst on the game I say we did pretty decent but of course ... if it was another they would be praised it's cool ... my team loves the extra fuel you gives us tman 13
Jdmsoul  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:41:41 AM(UTC)
Jdmsoul

Team *
Malik Zubi  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:53:15 AM(UTC)
Malik Zubi

Groups: Website Administration, Forum Member

Mingo is one of the toughest covers in this league.... and his team is full of scrappy dudes who know their roles and are very unselfish. Respect to him and his guys.
tayeb.hassan  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 12:24:11 PM(UTC)
tayeb.hassan

Big O wrote:
Tman13 wrote:

There are plenty of guys getting love on the forums that would fit your definition of overrated or poor-play, but you mention them once if at all and youre done with it.

The most truth i have seen in a sentence.
MB Power Rankings  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 3:19:17 PM(UTC)
MB Power Rankings

Big O wrote:
Give it a rest, read the motto at the top of the page.

I Agree
MAhmed  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 6:24:57 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

MB Power Rankings wrote:
Big Grin So do I have to write the Power Rankings for the week or we taking this as the Week 7 Edition?

I'll leave some of the suspense for when they're posted, but @Tman13, some of the arguments you made, we share, some have different point of views. Insightful input nonetheless. Also glad to see some appreciation for Yousef - dude's been terrific and is definitely the X-factor for Mombasa.

Write them up! Always enjoy reading. Agreed Yousef's been an excellent pick up by Mombassa, and they also got a solid role player in Goldberg, many haven't seen him play but the guy is averaging a double double.

TMan has some good points and is always entertaining. Ya u go at Beirut too much but the forum is called Smacktalk so...

Anyways in my opinion, Mingo's up there as one of the top players in the league. Beirut needs to be more consistent, but come playoff time they're always ready and I wouldn't be surprised if they go far.

I missed last weeks games, but Cairo made a case to move up and Sana'a to move down I'm surprised 7 on 4 would be that close.