Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Himey  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2012 9:02:10 PM(UTC)
Himey

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Game Results

-Game of the week: Kashgar vs Mecca; Kashgar Blew a a 20 point lead in teh 2nd half, but closed the game out in OT
-Biggest Surprise: Fez Blows out Mombasa by 25

Kashgar (3) Defeats Mecca (5): Kashgar came out strong early and led 45-28 at the half. A surge by Mecca helped them close the gap and send the game to overtime. Kashgar scored the only 2 points in over time to win the game.

Key stats: -Omar Abbassi has another double, this time posting 12 points and 20 Boards, his 2nd straight with 20 or more boards
Player of the game: Kerry Fodderingham filled the stat sheet with 25 points, 6 Assists and 8 Rebounds while shooting <50%.

Cairo (6) Defeats Sarajevo (12): This game was a battle all the way to the end. Elias and Suquan went Free throw-for-Freethrow to send this game to over time. A bad foul and turnover in the last minute of over time ended Sarajevos chances of winning.

Key Stats: In his first MB Game, Suquan Scored 25 Points, posted 8 rebounds, and made 10 of his 13 Free throws.
Player of the game: Hafiz Ebady was Mr. Clutch, making timely 3 pointers to give his team momentum. Hee made 4 of 9 3's for 14 points.

Delhi (8) Defeats Palermo (11): Palermo dropped their second straight to a delhi team that looked different since week 1 after adding Paul Sullivan, Eric Sylvester, who both bolstered their Front court.

Key Stat: Palermo shot only 9% from three.
Player of the game: Anthony Ligouri; 23 Points, 5-9 three pointers.

Fez (1) Defeats Mombasa (7): Fez outscored Mombasa by 16 in the first half to control the game and eventually win. Dont under estimate the power of team Chemistry and ball movement as Fez had 18 assists on the game.

Key Stat: Fez made 45% of their three pointers
Player of the game: Mohammad Abdelhadi had 19 Boards and 8 boards to lead the balanced attack.

Kabul (4) Defeats Medina (10): Medina was without Point guard Maher Abuawad, and were left with no true PG to set up their offense which made it difficult for them to score. Kabul had a comfortable lead throughout.

Key Stat: These two teams shot a combined 4-40 from three.
Player of the Game: Ahmed Elfayoumi 19 Points 8 Rebounds 3 Assists

Cordoba (2) Defeats Bukhara (9): Cordoba had only 5 guys this game but Bukhara was without MVP Greg Kawula. Sean Brock lit it up to start the game going 3-3 form 3 early on. Cordoba has a lot of guys that can play including Manny Singh, arguably the craftiest guard in the league.

Key Stat: Bukhara attempted 34 three pointers compared to Cordoba's 5.
Player of the Game: 17 Points 8 Rebounds.

Please Post Your Game Recaps and Thoughts Below

Edited by user Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:35:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ibrahim Omar
MB Commissioner
commissioner@muslimbasketball.org
Big O  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 3:59:28 AM(UTC)
Big O

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Kashgar/Mecca (From Meccas Perspective): Mecca started off playing man-to-man against Kashgar and we just couldnt keep up. After they got off to a quick double digit lead we went to a 2-3 zone. They immediately started running sound offensive sets through the zone as well. Kerry got the baseline a number of times, he really hurt us in the 1st half. On offense, Phil's height was a real factor, so we were settling for lots of jumpers - halftime, down by 17.

2nd half, we made a couple of adjustments in the zone, cut off the baseline completely, and were able to slowly creep back in the game. Got it to 10 with 8 minutes to go. Late in the game we took the lead 60-59. I think Kerry got a really big And-1 on the next possession completing the 3-pt play with a FT. At 62-62 all Mecca forced a TO and had the ball in the final 30 seconds. We got a good look from about 5-6 ft out but the ball rimmed out. In OT, We had a TO, then a missed jumper - and needed to start fouling as they had got the 1st bucket. They missed the front end of a 1-1 twice. We had the ball with 8 second to go. After a foul, had less than 2 seonds on the clock. Got a good look at a 3 that woulda won it, but went off the back rim.

Kashgar is a relentless team in pressing the guards. You need 2-3 good ball handlers, and need to hustle back on D no exceptions, or they'll run you off the court.

Edited by user Sunday, April 8, 2012 4:00:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Areeha
heemmoss  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 2:26:06 PM(UTC)
heemmoss

Groups:

I think Sarajevo will suprise everyone because they have a big 3 Suquan Gary, Chris Jones and the new guy Raheem Stowe who recorded a double double 17 pts and 11 rbs
thagame04  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 7:05:50 PM(UTC)
thagame04

anyone have recap of the delhi vs palermo?
slickshot  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 10:49:40 PM(UTC)
slickshot

Sarajevo- Cairo: In retrospect Brian should not have been guarding Moe afghan, what really cost us the game was the terrible call at the end where I was called for a phantom foul on Keith when he hop stepped (traveled) into me. That pretty much iced the game. We also had a unnecessary Tech foul call in the beginning at one of our players cursing under their breath. Sarajevo played great pressure defense causing some costly turnovers for Cairo. Sarajevo has a solid squad.. once all pieces are available (at same time). They have potential to play with the best teams. With a sluggish 0-2 start they will need to start gaining momentum for any team to take them seriously.

Mecca-Kashgar game: When I asked before coming into gym how that game was going, i heard "Kashgar is blowing them out" I walk in and Mecca was giving them a run for their money. It seems Kashgar had no bench. Regardless at first look you would think Kashgars five would be able to handle the Abbassid Dynasty. But Mecca is an extremely scrappy team and they pride in their defense. I would not be surprised if Mecca overcomes them, the second time around.

I feel like all the teams in D1 are contenders this year.
Let your game do the talking.

In the words of Rudy Fernandez, "I want to put points on your face." so . . Taste my rainbow :)

The forecast calls for rain.

Y-FACTOR
Big O  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 4:51:29 AM(UTC)
Big O

thagame04 wrote:
anyone have recap of the delhi vs palermo?

I saw a good portion of this game. This big difference in this game was the ability of Eric and Paul to basically get offensive rebounds at will. Palermo couldnt rebound with them. I know the box-score numbers dont really imply that. But everytime Palermo needed a big stop, Dehli got 2-3 opportunities on a single trip down court and eventually captialized. Dehli out-hustled Palermo in this one.

imo, Khalied is too good of a player down low to settle for so many outside jumpers. He usually knocks them down, but I feel he can take it to the basket every play if he wanted to.
#16 Areeha
thagame04  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 5:24:11 AM(UTC)
thagame04

are andre and anthony showing any team chemistry ? i see anthony is not taken as many shots as he did for d2 but still putting up big numbers for delhi.. has he proved that he is def one of d1 top players ..?? a lot of people questioned his ability to play d1..
Big O  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 7:09:29 AM(UTC)
Big O

From what I saw i'd say chemistry is a work in progress. They kind of defer to eachother - its a lot of 1-on-1, just taking turns at it. I didnt see them play week 1, but against Palermo it was a lot of isolations from the top or the wing. Anthony had a good shot selection, didnt really force anything.

Edited by user Monday, April 9, 2012 7:58:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Areeha
Essad  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 1:35:28 PM(UTC)
Essad

Groups: Forum Moderator

Sort of like Wade and LeBron at the beginning of last season, takes a while to learn to play together. But Anthony is def a legit D1 player, shouldn't be any doubts there.
Essad Malik
League Organizer / Co-founder