Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
qman612  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 11:43:43 PM(UTC)
qman612

Groups: Forum Member

Cairo-Fez: First things first, Fez needs to get their first win... this week I think they'll do it iA. Cairo seems overrated, despite giving istanbul a game, a team that can't shoot and relies solely on one player to win doesn't seem very dangerous, but I could be wrong. Fez wins this one by 6-8 pts at least.

Baghdad-Jerusalem: It's clear that Dennis Green and the MB "experts" had it wrong from the get go, Jerusalem is not who we thought they were, not yet at least... Provided Baghdad's full team shows, I think they'll pull it out with another solid performance from newcomer Ahmed R.

Medina-Islamabad: Big game right here, one of the two marquee games of the week. Alex vs. Muj part two, Muj looking to avenge a triple overtime defeat at Rutgers that is not soon forgotten lol... Backcourts are even (kinda sorta), this game is going to come down to who wins the boards and dominates downlow... Will Alat dominate tq or vice versa? Turans are a scrappy bunch, but so are fa and khuram... this should be a close game, I'll take Islamabad for now although this pick is subject to change...

Damascus-Bukhara: Another exciting matchup, this will be a fun game to watch, very high scoring I think... Provided both teams have their full squads, I think Chris Diaz will go off and play well as usual, and damascus will have to put together two solid shooting halves to pull out the W... Bukhara wins

Kabul-Istanbul: A game that will be close... Istanbul's backcourt is more skilled at this point in the season, but Kabul may have the edge downlow... Aymen is the x-factor in this game, if he plays well Istanbul cruises... Istanbul wins a close one...

Mecca-Cordoba: No farhad for mecca, not sure what ahmed hassan's status is... Mecca wins...
alialsaidi  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 6:03:01 PM(UTC)
alialsaidi

Final Score Kabul 62.7 Istanbul 62.6
Big O  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 7:26:01 AM(UTC)
Big O

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Wont be making picks anymore - just putting up the fake lines.

Cairo (-5.5) at Fez - After watching Firass dominate Fez on the boards, Big Ali is licking his lips looking for another 20+ rebound game - and based on how these 2 teams have been shooting he may get 30! Haroon needs to play big - both scoring and boxing out for Fez to take this game. Look for a low scoring game, low 40s/high 30s.

Baghdad (-8.5) at Jerusalem - I feel like I say this every week, but I think the Jerusalem guards should have a good game. But Jerusalem hasnt been able to control the boards, and give up too many 2nd chance opportunities. Baghdad has been a hard team to figure, but they are coming off a tough double-OT loss that theyve had to think about for 2 weeks. Jerusalem needs to create turnovers and fast break opportunities to stay in it.

Medina at Islamabad (-9.5) - After a week one loss, Islamabad has come to form behind the leadership of Muj. The "POW" was Ed, but if anyone watched last week it was obviously Muj. Gets everyone involved. Medina is a sound team, but when Islamabad turns it on, Medina cant keep up offensively.

Damascus at Bukhara (-1.5) - Aside from containing Istanbul (who have struggled offensively since) in week 2, Bukhara hasnt faced a sound offensive team. I think this will be a close-game that comes down to the final minutes, something rotuine for Damascus thus far. Can Damascus make a defensive stop in a big spot - thatll be the key to this game down the stretch.

Kabul at Istanbul (-1.5) - Dont sleep on Kabul, this team has come on and is playing good ball lately. Istanbul has been more battle tested, which should help if this game is close as I suspect. I know theyve been winning, but it just feels like Istanbul has been struggling lately - their inability to put away Cairo, and needing double-OT to put away Baghdad. Should be fun.

Mecca (-2) at Cordoba - Cordoba can beat anyone with Hassan on the court - and an undermanned Mecca squad will have a tough game ahead of them. Hassan will get his 30, can the supporting cast match? Expect Mecca to get 60+ points, but they have struggled defensively - they need to show better committment on that end of the floor.
#16 Areeha
ef_128  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 8:36:09 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Cairo at Fez
I see Cairo at the gym practicing nightly. Sometimes, even two-a-days. But they still have no consistent scorer. Luckily for them, they play another team with no true scorer anymore. Ali O will do work, but I think Fez will take this one as their first W of the season.

Baghdad at Jerusalem
Jerusalem will come out a lot stronger after their performance last Friday. Baghdad has had a week off from their double OT loss. Baghdad looks like the winner.

Medina at Islamabad
If Islamabad plays like they did last Friday, Medina stands no chance. If Islamabad decides to slack off, look for an interesting game.

Damascus at Bukhara
Nice size matchup. A top seed vs a middle seed. Whichever team brings their full squad will win.

Kabul at Istanbul
Istanbul decline. Kabul incline. Buzzer beater for one team.

Mecca at Cordoba
Even with Farhad out, Mecca should have this. I believe Olan can contain Hassan (if he shows) to under his average (lol?).
shariefhtc  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:18:55 PM(UTC)
shariefhtc

Cairo-Fez - Fez should get there first win.

Baghdad-Jerusalem - Baghdad's got this one.

Medina-Islamabad - Median should come up on top.

Damascus-Bukhara- Bukhara is definitely the winner of this one.

Kabul-Istanbul- Kabul is getting too much credit for there losing record. Istanbul will prevail.

Cordoba-Mecca- Cordoba is too physical for Mecca, especially since there best player is out. Cordoba will win
ef_128  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:33:15 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
shariefhtc wrote:

Slap
Idris#7  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:41:35 PM(UTC)
Idris#7

shariefhtc wrote:
Cairo-Fez - Fez should get there first win.

Baghdad-Jerusalem - Baghdad's got this one.

Damascus-Bukhara- Bukhara is definitely the winner of this one.

Kabul-Istanbul- Kabul is getting too much credit for there losing record. Istanbul will prevail.

Cordoba-Mecca- Cordoba is too physical for Mecca, especially since there best player is out. Cordoba will win

Your picks are so boring...where's your analysis???
Fez - which country is it in?
shariefhtc  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:02:28 PM(UTC)
shariefhtc

Idris#7 wrote:

awww, did i hurt your feelings??? Laughing
alialsaidi  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:21:14 PM(UTC)
alialsaidi

Ur first couple of picks were right, but were u smoking something when u picked Cordoba over Mecca. Cordoba is going to get completeley get destroyed with or without their best player(s)
Idris#7  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:16:13 AM(UTC)
Idris#7

shariefhtc wrote:
Idris#7 wrote:

No but you should explain your picks because honestly some of them are a bit impossible. Smile
AFAY  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:48:14 AM(UTC)
AFAY

shariefhtc wrote:

Bring It! Angry
firassabbassi  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:30:47 AM(UTC)
firassabbassi

Bring It! Angry

bring what? Burrito or fajita?
qman612  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 12:15:13 PM(UTC)
qman612

damn, both of those sound good right about now...
AR  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 12:22:45 PM(UTC)
AR

qasim, i thought you were MB's resident epicure. burritos and fajitas? step your game up
Abdul-Rahman, #3
shariefhtc  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:03:40 PM(UTC)
shariefhtc

Idris#7 wrote:
shariefhtc wrote:
Idris#7 wrote:

No but you should explain your picks because honestly some of them are a bit impossible. Smile

Firstly, it doesn't seem as though my pics are boring, clearly they draw a lot of attention, with all the emotional responses.
Secondly, are you stating that it's impossible for Istanbul to win. Clearly, you got offended when i picked Istanbul (3-1) to win vs. Kabul (1-3). Not hear to pick on your team, just basing my picks how its on paper. Mecca is gonna be missing there star player who averages 20+ points a game and some rebounds, while Cordoba will have AH in the Line up. So you should come to Frijole Mexican Grill and have an order of the slamin chicken Quesadilla!!! Should relieve your frustration, and put you right to bed...All will be good the next day. Blunt
slickshot  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:24:33 PM(UTC)
slickshot

Ahmed Hassan will get his 20-30 pts .... and everyone else will sum up to 20-25 pts.

Mecca's Weapons:

1. The Human instant replay aka AFAY. Can shoot 3 Ball, Drive in so slow you will feel your bones age and on top of that get the and 1. 15-20 pts

2. Sleeper-Star Player Olan .. who can easily average 15 ppg. 15-20 pts

3. Shooting Assassin's Wasay and Yamin. 15-20 pts.

4. Bestial Rebounding and Paint Points from Mecca's Big Man, Big O will make it hard for Cordoba's team to glean all the boards and make easy paint points. 8-12 pts

5. Qasim will be eating gourmet food on the sideline distracting Cordoba with the delicious food he will be cooking on the sideline as we play. 3 steaks. 5 bbq chicken breasts. 4 chocolate lava deserts.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:31:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Let your game do the talking.

In the words of Rudy Fernandez, "I want to put points on your face." so . . Taste my rainbow :)

The forecast calls for rain.

Y-FACTOR
Idris#7  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:52:11 PM(UTC)
Idris#7

shariefhtc wrote:
Idris#7 wrote:
shariefhtc wrote:
Idris#7 wrote:

Firstly, it doesn't seem as though my pics are boring, clearly they draw a lot of attention, with all the emotional responses.
Secondly, are you stating that it's impossible for Istanbul to win. Clearly, you got offended when i picked Istanbul (3-1) to win vs. Kabul (1-3). Not hear to pick on your team, just basing my picks how its on paper. Mecca is gonna be missing there star player who averages 20+ points a game and some rebounds, while Cordoba will have AH in the Line up. So you should come to Frijole Mexican Grill and have an order of the slamin chicken Quesadilla!!! Should relieve your frustration, and put you right to bed...All will be good the next day. Blunt

No Istambul can beat us but you picked against Islamabad which I disagree with. And I didn't know AH was in the lineup against Mecca so now I agree with you on that pick, especially with Farhad out. I didn't get offended Akhee.
slickshot  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 3:03:20 PM(UTC)
slickshot

They would win ... if Sharief somehow clones two AH's by friday night Smile

and/or subject but not limited to, if he feeds AFAY enough frijole to give him diarrhea throughout the game. Afro

Edited by user Wednesday, February 16, 2011 3:22:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

In the words of Rudy Fernandez, "I want to put points on your face." so . . Taste my rainbow :)

Y-FACTOR
AR  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 3:30:35 PM(UTC)
AR

they would win if they had AH (as in me) on their team.

so says the guy on the 0-4 squad.
Abdul-Rahman, #3
slickshot  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 3:40:16 PM(UTC)
slickshot

The only thing they would win if they had you on their squad is sympathy from everyone Laughing

Y-FACTOR