Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrisTEX  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 6:50:15 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Groups: Forum Member
Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

First let me start off by saying, in the last two weeks of predictions, my record is 18-4. That means 18 of 22 games I predicted correctly. Textradamus!

Last week was very fun with the message boards, and I vaguely remember a princess Kali stating there is no way Kazan wins by 20 points. That message didn't age well. FYI there is never any bad blood. Gave him a dap after the game. If anything, I respect how hard he goes for his squad. Now onto the predictions:

Lagos / Jeddah
Very bad win for Jeddah last week. They won 73-71 playing a Tehran team with only 4 people. I have seen teams win 4 on 5 before (last year Kazan won by 18 playing with only 4 guys), but for a team that is supposed to be a "top team" and a contender, that is not pretty. As for Lagos, that was a bad loss. I remember seeing them playing with only 4 guys, but the box score is showing 5 people (maybe someone left midgame). Until Kyseem and Hosam get some help, there is no way I can predict them to win many games.

Kazan / Medina
Both teams coming off of impressive victories, this one should be a doozy. I am sure Bilal is excited to finally play against his MB crush, Pat. This should be a fun game, but I am going to have to take Kazan in a close one. Give me Kazan by 43.

Damascus / Granada
10 points and 20 boards from Goldberg just wasn't enough to get it done for Granada. Damascus is on a roll, winning their 5th game in a row. They keep it going here and pickup their 6th. I want a game winner from Omar Q. Isn't that what he used to be known for?

Baghdad / Alexandria
40 points from Amir, and lights out shooting from behind the arc from Moe and the rest of the team. They were just running up the score, and I do not blame them. In a league where head to head records don't matter, you have to get your average point differential up. Show up with 4 people, get ran out the gym. In this game, Alexandria can show up with 6 people on the court at the same time, it wouldn't matter. Another 20+ point victory for Baghdad coming up. Hey Mark, do you still play in this league? 50/50 attendance isn't going to cut it!

Lahore / Sana'a
Lawho picks up the W here. Moayad scores 25+ after getting locked up by DPOY Frank Ozoria last game. Omar gets 100 rebounds. Sana'a just hasn't seemed to put good games together from multiple people on the team. One week Rameez will go off, one week Leonard goes off, one week Lionel goes off. They need all of them to show up and have good games for them to stand a chance against the good teams in this league.

Mombasa / Suba
This is a tough one for me. I really have never even see Suba play a full game, and I always just go off of their track record. I have seen Mombasa play though, and they are good. Suba barely beat Kashgar, and barely beat Sana'a. Mombasa lost Sunday, but they played a very respectable Palermo squad. Paul had an absolute monster stat line, but they just couldn't pull out a W. I think Mombasa wins here. It is a pivotal game for seeding for both teams.

Kashgar / Dhaka
Kashgar came so close to beating Suba. I told yall before, that kid Josh can ball. His stat line finally reflected that. 32 points on 59% shooting, 6 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 1 block. The ball needs to be in his hands WAY more. Stephion can ball too, but him and Josh cannot do it alone. The other 5 players combined for 3/25 shooting, and if you take out Mike's 2/7, that is 1/18 shooting from 4 players. Dhaka wins this one. Don't we all wish we had Dhaka's schedule? Alexandria, Jerusalem, Kashgar, Lagos. With all the great teams this season, how did this happen? I call collusion!

Jakarta / Palermo
Finally a win from Jakarta! My boy Malik shooting 50% from behind the arc. Looks like calling you out worked! Steve bounced back with his typical double double numbers. All around good numbers from the entire squad, granted they played Alexandria. This week they play the red hot Palermo squad. Palermo beat Mombasa with just 5 guys, no subs. To me, as long as Abdul, Yaqob, and Bilal are there, they aren't short handed. It is still a very impressive win nevertheless. I expect Abdul to score 30+ in this upcoming game.

Jerusalem / Islamabad
Big game from the real Big O. 5/8 from 3, 23 points. I would say they need their full team there to win this week, but they don't. Islamabad by double digits. By the way, I would love for Jerusalem or Alexandria to prove me wrong one of these games. Kenny can score, but so can Booker and look at the Suns. Kenny and Sharief need to do some serious recruiting this offseason.

Beirut / Cordoba
Lost a heartbreaker to Muj last week, but I think they come back strong here. I have some insider information that can sway my decision, but I am sticking with my boys. Cordoba was forced to forfeit after a player was ejected, and another player quit. Super corny if you ask me. Not everyone is going to agree with the refs, I know first hand, but to walk off the court? Wack. Lets just hope this game doesn't come down to Skinny making a layup. If that is the case, then I am going to have to pick Cordoba.

Tehran / Tripoli
If the refs continue to treat Muj like Harden and blow the whistle every time someone touches his jersey, then Tripoli takes this matchup in another close one. He had a monster game, and needs to have another one to win this matchup. Remember when people didn't have Abdelrahman on the MVP list? Dude had 16 points on 50% shooting, 7 boards, FOURTEEN assists (yes, 14), and 4 steals. Oh yeah, they only had 4 guys. If Tehran had Mo there, they win easily. This game really could go either way.
thanks 1 user thanked chrisTEX for this useful post.
aliomari17 on 3/17/2019(UTC)
billalabbassi  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 11:08:46 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
-43***
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
chrisTEX  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 3:31:22 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: billalabbassi Go to Quoted Post
-43***

Not going to lie, I expected a way better response from you lol. Replies this week are weak. I guess I gotta talk more crap to get more responses lol