Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : MVP?
Choice Votes Statistics
  Mohammed Abdelhadi
62 %
  Patrick Jaramillo
37 %
  Someone Else
0 %
(Poll is closed)  Total 8 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register. The poll has expired.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kurat_Salla  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 3:23:45 PM(UTC)
Kurat_Salla

Groups: Forum Member
United States

Idk why y’all keep using the word ‘biased’ Listen I don’t represent the league in any way. These are my personal picks along with their explanations. And you guys gave great explanations as well. Let’s leave it at that.

And who said Pat is small? He’s 6-1 with a huge body. He manhandles most of his defenders. Either way 10+ rebounds is impressive. Also, last years stats and results don’t count you’ll lose credibility for using that as an explanation.

Besides that Chris and Hart both of you make solid points. I say we let the league officially decide these awards.

JohnHartenfels  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:56:48 PM(UTC)
JohnHartenfels

Last years stats count when the reigning MVP .. surpasses his own MVP #'s. You lose credibility when you dismiss what someone has accomplished (3 months prior)

The reason I include last seasons stats is ... he is taking MORE shots this season and averaging better shooting percentages across the board, he added 9 points per game, AND DOUBLED his assists .. while lowering his turnovers.. how is he not the MVP again?

Winterball:

MVP Pat: 23.1 ppg 40% fg 28% 3pt 56% ft 9.8 rpg 2.6 apg 3.0 spg

Summerball

MVP Pat: 32.7 ppg 48% fg 33% 3pt 62% ft 10.7 rpg 5.7 apg 3.7 spg

This debate is all fun and no hard feelings. We need a muslim league podcast!

Tman13  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:33:44 PM(UTC)
Tman13

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Damn man. I bet you guys feed him his soup at dinner and wipe him clean. I assume Pat is asking you to stick up for him?

No reason a grown man should sweat someone like this.
TheAN112  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:52:12 PM(UTC)
TheAN112

I’m not playing this season and haven’t seen any games, but I vote for Pat solely based on numbers and the ratio of points/assists to total team ppg average. Kazan appears to play a more uptempo style. The only way Mo would be #1 imo is the output not shown on box score ... leadership,on ball defense (not counting the recorded blocks,steals, etc.), in game management, etc. same way Kawhi Leonard was in the convo despite having a lesser statistical output.

But who cares about the “mvp” it’s all about the chip.

I don’t see a bias I just see people over analyzing numbers.

I guess Bias would indicate the general public are favoring one individual over another based on government name? I don’t think that’s the case based on my experience with MB and based on who won it last season. MB might be biased with respect to approving/rejecting teams/roster moves but that’s a topic for another time and place 😀
MAhmed  
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 2:44:45 AM(UTC)
MAhmed

Like most seasons, the MVP could go either way. Either Pat or Mo win, it’s well deserved. Guys are getting a little too worked up over 1 man’s opinion.

Too bad Sarajevo forfeited against Kazan in what would’ve been game of the week. Def would’ve liked to see Kazan tested there and maybe the MVP race would’ve been a little clearer.

Aytac is def up there for DPOY. Strong, smart and can defend multiple positions.

Thanks for taking the time out to write these awards, I disagree with a couple of them, but very well done!

Game of the week playoff is Baghdad vs Sarajevo (How about Baghdad going 8-2 and only losses were to Kabul (by 2) and Kazan (Amir didn't play that game and they lost by 9). I see u got Amir for 1st team Applause

Any time Muj is on the floor it'll be close, so Kazan vs Timbuktu is another one to watch

Edited by user Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:56:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mo_Abdelhadi  
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 5:01:12 PM(UTC)
Mo_Abdelhadi

I appreciate the consideration Kurat. I thought I chime in because of the tag teaming on you, haha..and accusation of being bias? I don’t even think we know each other? At least, I can’t tell from the log-in name. I think playing with the actual player may more likely make someone seem Bias but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
If stats are the sole criteria in selecting the MVP, then Pat has the advantage. Although Me and Pat are different players so our stats will be different. Most of my work is in the paint and Pat does most of his damage from the perimeter. Also, to base everything on stats will never do justice to TheAn112’s point. There are other factors that should be considered for this type of award, although that will definitely be tough to fully measure because no one really watches the games (haha, too many games to watch). If I’m granted MVP, I’ll take it based on the overall measure..haha. Although this point in my career, it wont mean much if no chip. It’s clear Pat is worthy for it.
Kurat put some time to research and post his opinions on awards and All-team players. In general, a lot of different players have been given recognition so applauding that. I enjoy the posts and analysis that make this forum entertaining (most of the time). Thanks to the contributors.
Jdmsoul  
#27 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 1:46:22 PM(UTC)
Jdmsoul

ive played with mo and pat in this league and outside of this league they both solid players... For me its pretty simple
some won mvp last year with his numbers he had previous. then the following year up almost ever number and percentage in each category.. so for me if peoples numbers percentage cant compare to his stats the following year or this year even how can you dismiss that ? You click on the stats page and both the mvp number are all over the page in each category as well as Mo.. like i sed it would be the mvps race to lose and i he did better so thats why i believe he is mvp
chrisTEX  
#28 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 5:08:18 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tman13 Go to Quoted Post
Damn man. I bet you guys feed him his soup at dinner and wipe him clean. I assume Pat is asking you to stick up for him?

No reason a grown man should sweat someone like this.

Don't assume. You just make yourself look like an idiot. If our posts make you feel some type of way they can always be addressed in person. I will leave it at that.

By the way, Mo Abdelhadi, trust me when I say I mean absolutely ZERO disrespect when I am vouching for Pat for MVP. You are an elite player in this league and you had an amazing season. I don't post much, but I do enjoy reading the forums and seeing everyone's opinions, and at the end of the day, that is exactly what it is. An opinion. There is no right or wrong answer here. Good luck in the playoffs, sir!
Malik Zubi  
#29 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 6:25:01 PM(UTC)
Malik Zubi

Groups: Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
To reiterate what Tex previously said, at the end of the day this forum is designed for opinionated conversations and interaction among players. There is no tolerance for disrespectful comments or vulgar language, regardless of whether it is being said in a ‘joking’ matter. Let’s not forget that the league is meant for a bond to be formed THROUGH basketball. Furthermore, the MVP race is just a way for the league participants to express their opinion from what they’ve seen on the court and throughout the season. Pat and Moe are clearly the top two candidates and both have showcased their different skill sets this season and seasons past. I’ve stated my reasoning for Moe in previous forums and that is no shot at Pat. If I could pick anyone in this league to take a shot with the game on the line, I’m going with Pat or my younger brother, Anas ( who by the way will be a future MVP IA). Two completely different players, with different supporting casts. Really cannot go wrong with either. At the end of the day let’s not get caught up in an award that really is no more than just a compliment and free dinner. No need to insult anyone else and their ‘opinion’. Best of luck to everyone.
Kurat_Salla  
#30 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 8:16:54 PM(UTC)
Kurat_Salla

United States

Thanks everyone for the comments and feedback. Everyone except Tman13. I'd like to second what Malik said, these are all opinions, and no one should be mocked for expressing them.

On to the matter at hand. Mo_Abdelhadi, I do not know you, but have seen you and Pat both play. My picks are based on observation and stats. Pat is a beast, he's got a rare combination of speed, size/strength and skill. That makes him virtually impossible to stop. Additionally, I wouldn't consider him a perimeter player, it's pick your poison with Pat.

I'd also like to add that Kazan play an up-tempo style as TheAn said, they go for a bunch of steals and give up a bunch of points. They also score at an efficient rate. Kazan is built perfectly around Pat.

I'm still going with Mo with my pic because of what I already mentioned and would add to it that if you take away Abdelhadi and you're probably looking at .500 Kabul team at best. You take away Pat and Kazan is still a solid team.

What about the other awards? Yall are in agreement?
chrisTEX  
#31 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 2:02:24 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kurat_Salla Go to Quoted Post
Let's spice this up and have some fun. Feel free to post your feedback and input. This was a very fun season with some strong contenders and some pretenders. Let's see who will step up and claim the chip. In the meantime, here are my pics for awards. You must've played at least 8 games to qualify, since there are only 10 games.

MVP:
1. Mohammed Abdelhadi
2. Patrick Jaramillo
3. Raza Nassim
4. Aymen Abdelfattah
5. Zain Abdeen
6. Luke Mullaney

DPOY:
We should have a vote for this one, because it's tough to gauge through numbers alone. But there are some lockdown players that come to mind:
Frank Ozoria Jr.
Billal Abbasi
Pete Brown
Daniel Goldberg

Most Improved Player:
1. Mo Masri
2. Amir Charrkas
3. Idris Abdus Salam

All MB First Team:
G. Raza Nassim
G. Amir Charrkas
F. Zain Abdeen
F. Patrick Jaramillo
C. Mohammed Abdelhadi

All MB Second Team:
G. Mo Masri
G. Farzad Massaq
F. Luke Mullaney
F. Aymen Abdelfattah
C. Pete Brown

All MB Third Team:
G. Anas Najib
G. Idris Abdus Salam
F. Steve Netti
F. Aytac Malta
C. Salman Ilyas

Yes! Lets talk other awards. Love that my boy Frank getting love for DPOY. I get why AMP isn't on the list because of game restrictions, but without that restriction he has gotta be on 1st team All MB. No question. I love that Raza is on MVP consideration list. When he is there, his team wins. When he isn't there, his team loses. Simple.

I am not sure of his name, but the guy on Suba should be on the top 5 MVP list. I think his name is Aytac (not 100%, don't shoot me if I am wrong). His averages may not be as appealing to the eye as some of the others, but he is the motor that led his team to be undefeated. That has gotta account for something.

Gotta give a quick shoutout to my guy Frank Tribastone. Definitely a candidate for most improved player. Sucks he was limited to only 5 games this season due to forfeits and suspensions.
Jmillo89  
#32 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 2:44:00 PM(UTC)
Jmillo89

Tim Brown should definitely be on one of these all-team lists.. Much much respect for his game. Agree with Tex on Frank Trib, but he didn’t play enough games so that’s fair.
Tman13  
#33 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 3:36:40 AM(UTC)
Tman13

Fair to assume Mo Abdelhadi is the clear-cut MVP after today?