Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MB Power Rankings  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 12:59:19 AM(UTC)
MB Power Rankings

Groups: Forum Moderator

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sorry for the delay gents, been one of those weeks. Some crazy games in week 3, two games in double OT, some upsets, and a lot of inconsistency.

Ya'll know the drill...

Week 3 Power Rankings
Jmillo89  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 7:45:50 PM(UTC)
Jmillo89

Groups: Forum Member

Major props to Tehran today, they 100% dominated us today! They played extremely well and deserved the win! With that being said the old white ref, Jamie?(idk his name) is STEALING everyone’s money and needs to get out this league, I’ve never in my life seen a ref miss or make so many one sides calls. Saying under his breathe while I’m at the free throw line towards me “i swear to f***** god....” is 100% unacceptable. Everyone watching the game and even players from Tehran would agree the calls he chose to make were ridiculous. Again, I’m not taking anything away from Tehran Bc they are a great team in this league but that ref is ruining games. I watched him not blow the whistle during the Cairo vs Beirut game when they literally head locked Popal right in front of him. This isn’t a complaint about the league, just a complaint of that specific ref
daman2k2  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 8:03:26 PM(UTC)
daman2k2

Well said pat, yes this ref should not be able to ref our games no longer besides the fact of missing calls, players on the opposing team were dropping F bombs left and right in front of this ref and he refused to act if he heard anything. Threatening our team because we are complaining about a no call is ridiculous, furthermore pre game he constantly yelled at us about shooting around dribbling the ball during teams timeouts, but once our game was on he didn’t mention a word to the people who were dribbling and shooting during our game which screams to me he had it out for us in particular. Great victory for Tehran they played a well rounded game kudos to them. It’s truly a disgrace you have a ref coaching opposing players how to get calls from him how to get also, yes we all heard him coaching a player during free throws. I been in this league for multiple years and i never played a game in which i felt like it was us against a team and a ref. Stuff like this messes with the intergity of the league.
kaliph_t  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 8:36:46 PM(UTC)
kaliph_t

I thought the refereeing was aight. The tall bald ref gave you guys a lot of calls, the white one maybe gave us some calls. Either way, complaining only started towards the very end of the game.
chrisTEX  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 8:53:46 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Tall bald guy let people play.. he didn’t make calls. So to say he “gave us calls” is just incorrect. The white ref hasn’t liked us since 2013, and despises Pat, and it was evident today. I normally don’t come to the forums and complain, but today was absolutely insane. Like Pat said, I don’t want to take anything away from Tehran. They played a helluva game and deserved to win, but we should never feel like we are literally playing against a ref. Why is a ref coaching #6 on how to get calls when our guy is taking FTs? That’s absurd. Not to mention he’s ejecting people without even giving technicals. Should someone get a technical, THEN ejected after the 2nd? He ejected Pat for giving him the ball “too hard” before we inbounded. That doesn’t even sound like something someone should get ejected for. Please don’t have him ref any of our games.
Jmillo89  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 9:06:48 PM(UTC)
Jmillo89

Gave him a bounce pass..... that’s how pathetic...
Dannyberg85  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 11:31:32 PM(UTC)
Dannyberg85

Pat, his name is Fausto and he refs a bunch of other leagues I play in and the complaints in those leagues are the same. There are guys on some of the teams he just straight up dislikes and will not give any calls to, no matter what. I was sitting next to him after our game (Cairo) and I heard him talking about how he didn’t like having to ask you twice to stop dribbling and then you “gave him an attitude”.
billalabbassi  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 11:38:18 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Let's not blame the refs for what happens on the court. If we (the players) get all the praise when we win and play well, then we should take the blame when we lose and don't play our greatest. I've played in this league for about 5 years now, and we've had the same refs since I first entered the league. Yes, they're not the best, and yes, I've complained to commissioners about how they could at times be in a word, terrible. However, Kazan, you guys are a great team, made the championship game last season, started off this season 3-0 before today, and Patrick, great player, MVP last season and probably leading candidate to win it again this season, you should not lose composure like that. It was a bad game, stay composed, come back next week and again prove how dominant you guys could be. Most people know you're a top team, prove it.

P.S: I don't mean to call anybody out. I meant all of that in the nicest way possible. Huge fan of your team and what you guys have done the past 2 seasons.
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
Abdul Popal  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 12:00:09 AM(UTC)
Abdul Popal

Sup fellas, it’s Abdul Popal. Man was that referee atrocious, like Pat said I got tackled/head locked/scratched and grabbed right in front of him and the ref didn’t blow the whistle at all, SMH. Not only that but towards the end of the game I played great defense and he called me for a three point foul, when I didn’t even touch the guy at all, I swear. Looks like it wasn’t just me that had issues with him today. Hope the league does something about this. Peace.
kaliph_t  
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 12:56:29 AM(UTC)
kaliph_t

Guys, I will admit, he’s not my favorite ref either and does make some questionable calls and no calls. But to be fair, he wasn’t THAT bad today. In my opinion, the new bald guy on Court A today was much worse. But either way, who cares. The refs have been loyal to this league for a while and don’t deserve the disrespect you guys were showing them. If I was the white ref I probably would have recommended your team be suspended the next game or two because of the things some of your players were calling him and saying to him. It’s really not that serious. With that said, I don’t think the refs made much of an impact in this game at all. Everyone played hard and one team just happened to break away at the end. The refs didn’t make our 3’s go in, and they didn’t make you guys tired towards the end of the second half. Get over it and show up next week.
chrisTEX  
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 1:06:04 AM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

First of all, the ref CLEARLY made an impact. You’re blind if you think otherwise. And disrespect? You guys were the ones dropping F bombs nonstop. But the second we used profanity the same ref wants to say stop cursing. F**k that. Of course you didn’t think there was an issue. Your team was the one benefiting. So you saying “he wasn’t THAT bad today” is kinda irrelevant.
Jmillo89  
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 1:21:09 AM(UTC)
Jmillo89

To say he wasn’t “THAT” bad today says a lot in itself. I’m also not the only person per some of the comments above that have complained about him today, and in the past . Remember, they not volunteering to ref, they get paid for this. If we have guys saying he’s actually much worse on other days, that should suffice. At the end of the day, a ref clearly holding grudges towards players is a bad look.

Now game wise, we lost and there really isn’t an excuse , but to say no impact at all.... ehhhh.... when my team is in foul trouble 10 mins into the game and I’m creating just as much contact (if not more) but not getting the same calls... u start to question the” impact”..... again we could’ve had nba refs there today and we still would’ve lost Bc we got outplayed, but we’re not going to completely ignore the fact that this maybe the worst ref most of us ever played with. When you have a ref behind u, cursing u out underneath his breathe how could stay “composed”. We all grown men, Weiss had the same issue with a ref last year Bc the ref got crazy on him, don’t see the huge difference here, besides the fact they almost fought lol.
AR  
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 4:35:04 AM(UTC)
AR

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

ref complaints happen at every single level in every single sport.

Appreciate everyone’s feedback. I’m sure the refs could also give some feedback as well. It’s always a two way street.

One piece of feedback from me is to get to know the refs. They’re human. They have names. Using them and having respect for them (and each other) won’t hurt or kill you.
Abdul-Rahman, #3
chrisTEX  
#14 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 4:38:42 AM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

I agree. I wanna say I know most of them by name, although there’s been a couple new ones this season that I don’t recognize. Unfortunately, I don’t think that would have done much in this specific situation. But you’re right, people complain about officiating at every level. At the end of the day, it is what it is. I am just politely requesting that the ref that has OPENLY ADMITTED to not liking us to not ref OUR games anymore. I mean who ejects someone without even dishing out technicals first? For a bounce pass nevertheless. Pathetic.
thanks 1 user thanked chrisTEX for this useful post.
Malik Zubi on 7/15/2018(UTC)