Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MB Power Rankings  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 12:37:48 AM(UTC)
MB Power Rankings

Groups: Forum Moderator

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We're back. Don't worry.

Week 2 Power Rankings

Don't forget to share your opinions, insights, criticisms, ETC. We always like hearing why we are wrong Big Grin
MAhmed  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 4:57:19 AM(UTC)
MAhmed

Groups: Forum Member

We always like hearing why we are wrong Big Grin [/quote wrote:

^ Ok if you insist lol

Well done and thorough as usual Applause

Maybe my order would be different but I agree with the top 5 (it’s tough giving a team who forfeited a game a rank of 3, but I’ll agree Sarajevo handed Cordoba a pretty convincing L).

I’ll disagree with a couple things though :)

I think you’re joking around, but for the record Dhaka has never said or felt the league “”wasn’t competitive enough” ! Never. We’ve never blown out teams in fact look at the scores when we did win chips…we survived a come from behind OT vs Sana’a and our finals game against Mombasa could’ve gone either way with a minute left, the list goes on. The league is very balanced, I think the difference during our 3peat was our ability to execute at the end of games and our chemistry/ball movement.

Taking a shot at Granada’s chip??!!! I disagree..I think Anwar and Granada were in a zone for the playoffs and they get the chip, or else it’s a toss up against a healthy Pat/Kazan. Not a shot against the brothers from Kazan - a top 3 team all season long, but I think Granada was hot at the right time once again congrats to the champs..

Baghdad move up - 1W, and they went toe to toe with Kabul. Play good team ball and like you said they're always in a position to win

Jakarta move down - A nice team but haven't proven themselves to be ranked at 12

Delhi move down - Definitely have potential but looked overmatched against Mombasa

Granada move up - Respect the champs!

This week some teams that have the opportunity to make a strong case to jump up heavy in the rankings:
- Cairo
- Islamabad
- Mecca
- Granada

MB Power Rankings  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 1:14:38 PM(UTC)
MB Power Rankings

Groups: Forum Moderator

All great points, it’s very early in the season to judge just based on the performance in the first two games. Sarajevo getting a lift from the fact that they have 3 guys that have shown that they can be terrific players, but never really clicked consistently. That first game against Cordoba was definitely the level of play they should be able to perform a at.

No disrespect at all to Granada, but no one was stopping a healthy Patrick. Granada caught him on his off day earlier in that season, then his hurt ankle turned him into a one dimensional shot only type player - he’s such a load to guard because of his ability to drive and finish with contact along with his shot making ability. Anwar was able to play up in his grill all game, something that Pat will make you pay for by putting the ball on the floor.

A ton of teams have the opportunity to move up, seems like there are some pretty big matchups every single week that can rearrange the top half of this league. Can’t wait to see how these rankings look by Week 6.