Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
qman612  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2017 6:24:23 AM(UTC)
qman612

Groups: Forum Member

Last week featured some nice upsets, we're on to week 6:

Istanbul-Cairo - Istanbul is a good squad that has played one of the hardest schedules in this first half of the season. These tough games will make them a better team going forward I think. This game will be competitive but I think Istanbul's size will be too much for Cairo.
Kabul-Jakarta - Kabul is an aggressive bunch. They meet a very similar Jakarta team that also possesses one of the best offensive players in the league. Jakarta takes it.
Alexandria-Mombasa - This has game of the week potential, should be a nice battle of guards. Mombasa gets this one due to their size.
Granada-Fez - Granada will look to bounce back from a surprising loss last week. Fez is also looking to bounce back from an upset loss. Who wants it more?
Mecca-Beirut - Beirut's full court press is no joke. This will be a tight game for sure.
Tehran-Sana'a
Palermo-Islamabad - Islamabad will rebound from their first loss and get a decisive win against Palermo. Abdul is terrific but he cannot do it all himself.
Sarajevo-Delhi - Both teams surprised the league and pulled out upset victories last weekend. Both are trending in the right direction and building chemistry. Delhi looks to be quite talented with the debut of Muhannad and their 16 year old player in addition to Aymen. They can certainly make noise come playoff time.
Dhaka-Amman - This also has game of the week potential. We are finally getting to the point in the season where we will see some really good matchups of elite teams. Dhaka has the chemistry and experience. Amman looks to have very good chemistry as well. This should be an awesome matchup if both teams bring their full rosters.
Suba-Damascus -
Riyadh-Cordoba - Both teams are talented and have faced tough opening schedules similar to Istanbul. Riyadh's size presents a problem for any team.

Edited by user Monday, August 7, 2017 9:04:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Big O  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 7:25:33 AM(UTC)
Big O

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
The Alexandria/Mombasa and Dhaka/Amman games should be good battles, and will really start to shape how the top of the standings form. I guess you could throw in Sanaa/Tehran there as well.

All 3 of these games will have major seeding implications at the end of the season.

I cant comment on Alexandria/Mombasa because I haven't seen either team play, but I imagine it will be a high scoring battle. Mid-to-high 60s.

From what I've seen, I think Dhaka has the most balanced and sound team in the league. Its possible we (Islamabad) caught a break with 2 of the 4 guards missing. The 4 guards play well, move without the ball, get the big involved in the pick and roll, or penetration and dish. I haven't seen Amman play, but don't underestimate the values Shabaaz brings to this team. I feel like Moayad and Mana get all the love, but MoSha has clearly elevated this team to another level. I might have to stay/come back in the gym to watch this game.

Tehran/Sanaa - I haven't seen Tehran play either. Obviously didn't see them last week I was out of town, but they were held to 12 points at half. I think Sanaa is beatable but I don't think Tehran can beat them. The only possible blemish right now on Sanaa's record would come in week 9 - they'll either go 10-0 or 9-1.
#16 Areeha
aliomari17  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 4:38:05 PM(UTC)
aliomari17

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Bold statement Big O but I don't see how you make that justification off one half of a basketball game. I guess a record doesn't mean anything or the previous teams we've beaten. Probably doesn't matter that we haven't had a full squad except for one game this season. But hey who am I to judge. 🙂

Forgot to mention, we also beat Sana last year.

#Tehran

Edited by user Tuesday, August 8, 2017 5:15:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Big O  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 5:24:57 PM(UTC)
Big O

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Lol, I didn't realize I made a bold statement. "I don't think Tehran can beat Sanaa" isn't exactly bold. My point was you were held to 12 in one half, and up next is statistically the best defense in the league. You still had 3 of your top 4 scorers, and neither team had any bench players so it was a fair fight. Islamabad was also out 2 starters.

I admitted I haven't seen you play. I hope you beat Sanaa and prove me wrong.

#16 Areeha
Himey  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 7:52:02 PM(UTC)
Himey

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Istanbul-Cairo - Istanbul just needs to slow the game down and play their DNA. I have a feeling that once it clicks for them theyll be right back to where we expect them to be.

Kabul-Jakarta -

Alexandria-Mombasa - Still waiting for Alexandria to start clicking. Like last season it came later in the season, but I think theyll get there soon.

Granada-Fez - You guys have talent, just waiting for it to mesh post singer debut.

Mecca-Beirut

Tehran-Sana'a: I think Tehran has the bigs needed to match Sana'a.

Palermo-Islamabad -

Sarajevo-Delhi - NOT the same team from weeks 1-4.

Dhaka-Amman - I'm sure Oqas will be watching this game to see whether hell need to delete his last post or not

Suba-Damascus - Theyll scrap like they always do.

Riyadh-Cordoba -
Ibrahim Omar
MB Commissioner
commissioner@muslimbasketball.org
Kobe24x  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 9:08:22 PM(UTC)
Kobe24x

Tehran-Sana'a: I think Tehran has the bigs needed to match Sanaa

Hmmm, so you think that a team that scored 12 points in the first half against a short handed Islamabad is going to beat Sanaa? Very interesting to say the least.
aliomari17  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 5:34:19 AM(UTC)
aliomari17

Man
United States

@Kobe24x Tehrans been short handed all season except for one game, we also only had 5 players against Islamabad. One half of basketball in a whole season isn't as decisive as you make it seem. If Tehran only scored 12 first half and managed to win a game, what does that say about the other team? The teams also been without a starter since Week 3.

I will say it will be a close game, and a good one for sure. I think Tehrans been underestimated all season. We've been the dark horse of the league. Stay tuned.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 9, 2017 6:49:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tayeb.hassan  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 7:24:48 AM(UTC)
tayeb.hassan

Lol theyr a good team, were a good team, itll be a good game. Weve been predicted to lose every game, nothing new lol. Its just chatter
ef_128  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 8:43:35 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Istanbul - Cairo - insider infooo

Kabul - Jakarta - insider infooo

Alexandria - Mombasa - should be a good matchup and a close game

Granada - Fez - you already know!

Mecca - Beirut - jon mingo and co gonna put in work this week. can jaber/malik carry the load?

Tehran - Sana'a - going with the 'underdogs' here. i think tehran has a very solid team (when they all show up)

Palermo - Islamabad - either palermo is going to win or get blown out. i'd like to see palermo get a win

Sarajevo - Delhi - delhi gonna move up the rankings with their full roster intact now

Dhaka - Amman - dhaka dhaka dhaka = 3peat???

Suba - Damascus - another good matchup. should be close score. ill go with suba here

Riyadh - Cordoba - cordoba - you are making me look bad! get a win already!
kaliph_t  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 9:04:17 AM(UTC)
kaliph_t

aliomari17 wrote:
@Kobe24x Tehrans been short handed all season except for one game, we also only had 5 players against Islamabad. One half of basketball in a whole season isn't as decisive as you make it seem. If Tehran only scored 12 first half and managed to win a game, what does that say about the other team? The teams also been without a starter since Week 3.

I will say it will be a close game, and a good one for sure. I think Tehrans been underestimated all season. We've been the dark horse of the league. Stay tuned.

Sanaa has yet to play with their full squad of 7. 2 games played with 5 and 3 games with 6. We've been missing one of our best defenders since Week 2. So we're in the same boat as you.

I've given you guys props in my prior predictions calling you guys a top-tier team which you've proven to be. Hopefully it's a good game.

P.S. You guys are underestimated because the kids who write stuff up in this forum favor kids/teams they're friends with or know personally. *That's my personal opinion so relax everyone before start smashing your keyboard to defend yourselves*. Sana'a has gotten the same treatment.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 9, 2017 9:12:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tayeb.hassan  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 9:19:09 AM(UTC)
tayeb.hassan

^ agreed. If some of my best friends were playing i might do the same to hype them up, which is why we jus gotta go out and play.
Himey  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 12:47:07 PM(UTC)
Himey

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The Moe Amin Hit list of hard working people who contribute to the league

- Stat keepers - Status: Check
- Volunteer Forum Writers - Status: Check
- Refs - Status: Pending
- Who will be next???

Be sure to message Moe directly if you are interested in being his next target of unfair public shaming for your public service!!

Ibrahim Omar
MB Commissioner
commissioner@muslimbasketball.org
aliomari17  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 1:29:20 PM(UTC)
aliomari17

Man
United States

kaliph_t wrote:
aliomari17 wrote:

Sanaa has yet to play with their full squad of 7. 2 games played with 5 and 3 games with 6. We've been missing one of our best defenders since Week 2. So we're in the same boat as you.

I've given you guys props in my prior predictions calling you guys a top-tier team which you've proven to be. Hopefully it's a good game.

P.S. You guys are underestimated because the kids who write stuff up in this forum favor kids/teams they're friends with or know personally. *That's my personal opinion so relax everyone before start smashing your keyboard to defend yourselves*. Sana'a has gotten the same treatment.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Well put. I completely agree with you
billalabbassi  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:41:09 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Are the refs officially on the hit list?? Or are they still pending? LOL
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
Tman13  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:45:51 PM(UTC)
Tman13

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I read somewhere in the league rules that if you average 6 turnovers a game, you are not allowed to criticize anybody, regarding anything, ever.

You're becoming the Meek Mill of the league.

L

Edited by user Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:46:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ahmadsaleh  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 4:43:22 PM(UTC)
ahmadsaleh

kaliph_t wrote:
aliomari17 wrote:

I think Sanaa is in your eyes seems underrated because many people base their opinion off a certain game. Sanaa is a top team, although during some games you guys play at an underwhelming level for whatever reason that may be. Even in the power rankings it mentions that with your talent you guys should be beating teams by much more than you do. Sanaa was second in PR all season and now will be at first, your wins say it all.

Tehran is top a 4 team; Dhaka, Tehran, Sanaa, Mombasa (not in order). But that is when all their guys are there. Last week, if Isalamabad's guy and Tehran's guys all showed up, I'd choose Tehran because of their depth of talent. If they have a full squad this week, I think they take the win. It's going to be a GREAT matchup.
ahmadsaleh  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 5:41:26 PM(UTC)
ahmadsaleh

Istanbul/Cairo: I like Istanbul

Kabul/Jakarta: They gave Sanaa a run for their money. Im predicting an upset if Mohammed M can play.

Alexandria /Mombasa: Sadat has been killing it along with Raza and Yusuf.

Granada/Fez: "Insider info"

Mecca/Beirut: Im hopping on the Zubi train. If he's hot, the team's hot.

Tehran/ Sana'a: The "integrity of the stat keepers " will win Tehran the game. Jk. But talent will.

Palermo/ Islamabad- The Abbassi family will dominate.

Sarajevo/Delhi- Sarajevo won't be able to run this team off the court this time.

Dhaka/Amman- Amman is now versing a team that can stop their fast pace offense.

Suba/Damascus - Their hustle can win them this game.

Riyadh/Cordoba- Riyadh has better bigs. Omar H and Kareem should continue todo well. If Ahmed D gets hot, it's a wrap.
kaliph_t  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 6:17:46 PM(UTC)
kaliph_t

ahmadsaleh wrote:
kaliph_t wrote:
aliomari17 wrote:

I think Sanaa is in your eyes seems underrated because many people base their opinion off a certain game. Sanaa is a top team, although during some games you guys play at an underwhelming level for whatever reason that may be. Even in the power rankings it mentions that with your talent you guys should be beating teams by much more than you do. Sanaa was second in PR all season and now will be at first, your wins say it all.

Tehran is top a 4 team; Dhaka, Tehran, Sanaa, Mombasa (not in order). But that is when all their guys are there. Last week, if Isalamabad's guy and Tehran's guys all showed up, I'd choose Tehran because of their depth of talent. If they have a full squad this week, I think they take the win. It's going to be a GREAT matchup.

I don't think we're underrated at all, we've been sitting at 2 all year.....we don't play 3 of the top 4 teams: Islamabad, Mombasa, Alexandria. I think any of the top 4-5 teams can beat each other on any given night. We didn't even play Jakarta with Muj, so Tehran is our first real "test". And our games vs middle/lower of the pack teams were not easy wins at all. I think you could make an argument from 1st to 5th depending on what you take into consideration.
MB Power Rankings  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 6:52:21 PM(UTC)
MB Power Rankings

Groups: Forum Moderator

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Himey wrote:
The Moe Amin Hit list of hard working people who contribute to the league

- Stat keepers - Status: Check
- Volunteer Forum Writers - Status: Check
- Refs - Status: Pending
- Who will be next???

Be sure to message Moe directly if you are interested in being his next target of unfair public shaming for your public service!!

Applause
You forgot to add "Terrible hashtags" to the list. #thingsMBsays
Oqas4205  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 7:04:27 PM(UTC)
Oqas4205

UPSET ALERT: INSTANBUL IS GETTING THEIR FIRST DUB AGAINST CAIRO I'LL PUT 100$ ON IT.
AND SANAA IS GONNA TAKE THEIR FIRST L OF THE SEASON. AND DHAKA WILL DOG AMMAN.