Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KP MVP LADDER  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 6:20:36 PM(UTC)
KP MVP LADDER

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Muslim Basketball's back for another exciting season! Last year we saw amazing talent week by week as the top players in the division played their hearts out trying to lead their teams to glory. These players went the extra mile for their team and without them on the court their teams would fall in shambles. The effect they have on the court can be seen through both what does and does not show up on the stat sheets; it's the little things they do that help fuel the fire of their teams. Through their leadership and great play, week in and week out, they hope to do everything in their power to elevate their teams to the next level. These aren't any ordinary players, these are MVP caliber type of players. Welcome to this week's edition of the KP MVP Ladder.

1. Mohamed Amin, Sana’a
Another slow start for Sana’a but another week where Sana’a was able to rely on its star players to get the job done. Mohamed Amin got his flow going again finishing with 17 points, 8 boards, 6 assists, and 3 steals making his presence felt all across the court. He’s been in cruise control doing what he does best and making a huge difference through four games thus far. Sana’a has a 4-0 record and the rest of their schedule doesn’t look too crazy if Mo Amin and co keep up this pace they’ll be looking at a potential 1 seed heading into the playoffs setting themselves up for a deep playoff run.
Last Week’s Ranking: 1

2. Omar Abbassi, Islamabad
Another 4-0 team with another fearless leader. Omar’s been balling out this season and it’s evident in the team’s chemistry and success through 4 games thus far. He finished this week with 8 points, 11 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He’s also been doing major damage in the 30+ league but that’s besides the point. Omar’s taking this team to another level and Islamabad isn’t slowing down anytime soon.
Last Week’s Ranking: 2

3. Raza Nassim, Mombasa
Mombasa seems to have figured things out after their week 1 mishap. They’ve now won three straight and Raza’s looking like his dominant self taking over game in and game out. He finished this week with 15 points on 50% shooting, 2 boards, 4 assists, and 2 steals. That’s not the craziest statline but if you watch him play live you’ll easily notice the effect he has running the floor like a boss.
Last Week’s Ranking: 3

4. Abdul Mutaleb Popal, Palermo
Things are not looking good for Palermo this season. They added the MVP candidate’s brother to the team but it still hasn’t been enough help to Abdul to get this team on the board with a win. Abdul will continue to be Abdul as he finished this week’s game with 33 points and 11 boards but Palermo’s in deep trouble with just about half the season over. He’ll face Raza next week in what should be a very interesting matchup to watch; keep an eye on that matchup.
Last Week’s Ranking: 4

5. Raied Saleh, Sana’a
It’s tough to put two players from the same team into the top 5 but Raied has been having a career season thus far. Sana’a is now 4-0 on the season and the duo of Mo Amin and Raied down low has been a scary one. We got a little taste of it last season but it seems like Raied has gotten a lot more comfortable this season and his numbers prove it. He finished this week with 29 points on about 60% shooting, 4 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals. He’s averaging a career high in points and rebounds so far this season at 20.7 ppg and 8.7rpg. Sana’a is looking like a team no one wants to confront in the playoffs.
Last Week’s Ranking: N/A

Next Five Up?
Moayad Abulhuda, Amman; Luis Rodriguez, Amman; Omar Qasem, Granada; Johnathon Mingo Jr., Beirut; Edriss Froogh, Fez

Next Up?
Kareem Ahmed, Cairo: Word on the street is these rankings are all rigged and the same people keep getting looked at. Word. Anyways, look Cairo’s 3-1 right now, are they the most intimidating team out there? I haven’t seen enough to say so but I’ll leave that for the power rankings discussion. Part of Cairo’s success comes from Kareem who’s been having a solid season for himself. Is he the most valuable player on Cairo? I’d say absolutely yes. Without him in the lineup this team would definitely be 0-4. Is he the most valuable player of the league? I haven’t seen enough from him to say he’s all the way up top yet but he’s definitely slowly making a case for himself. There’s no doubt he’s balling out and having a great season so far. I’d like to see how he produces next week against Jakarta’s stingy defense. If he keeps balling out the way he has thus far this season Cairo can be a scary team no one wants to see in the playoffs.

Edited by user Sunday, July 30, 2017 7:16:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Oqas4205  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 7:21:53 PM(UTC)
Oqas4205

when you've been the next five up every week since the beginning of the season, and still aren't on the top 5....
KP MVP LADDER  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 7:28:08 PM(UTC)
KP MVP LADDER

#6 Omar Qasem
KP MVP LADDER  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 7:55:57 PM(UTC)
KP MVP LADDER

Omar Ahmed>Kareem Ahmed
Tman13  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 5:47:48 AM(UTC)
Tman13

@omarahmed13

why would he quit his day job? i don't think he is getting paid for this.

you sound sour man. like a lemon, but a human-lemon. it'll all be ok.
kaliph_t  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 7:16:18 AM(UTC)
kaliph_t

Why did he delete his posts? Cairo is a fraudulent 3-1 team. They lost to one good team and snuck out wins against two bad ones and an Omar Mana-less Amman squad. They're gonna get exposed this week by Jakarta
MB Power Rankings  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 2:44:00 PM(UTC)
MB Power Rankings

Groups: Forum Moderator

This "sleeping on Cairo talk" and "you only watch certain teams" and this perceived disrespect towards Kareem Ahmed is comical and straight up BLASPHEMOUS. Not sure how a 3-1 team, who just like kaliph said, they lost to a good team, barely beat two bad ones, and beat a Amman team without their best front-court player. (AND NO, I will not say that Cairo is fraudulent, they've been putting in work and if Granada didn't turn it up week 1, they could be sitting at 4-0). They are a top 10 team because they've been able to find ways to get those wins and they have a good loss. Kareem is clearly being discussed in the MVP chatter and has been given all the credit he deserves. But please, stop with this absolute nonsense about the power rankings not looking at Cairo, the writers of the Power Rankings have watched EVERY SINGLE game Cairo has played in. And to reign on you "Kareem for DPOY" campaign, I saw him with my two eyes take several plays off defensively in transition against Palermo. He plays extremely hard and is a great defender and I will not argue against that, but RELAX. Go win some more games and you'll keep inching up. Go win a championship and you'll be number 1.

Quit my day job? Boy it's very clear that Kareem was the only Ahmed brother blessed with some basketball ability - you shouldn't quit your day job.
tayeb.hassan  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 4:37:51 PM(UTC)
tayeb.hassan

Who cares about forum love lol. Records speak for itself , who cares what others say. Ur W's mean more than a power ranking spot.
free afghan  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 6:39:21 AM(UTC)
free afghan

MB Power Rankings wrote:

Quit my day job? Boy it's very clear that Kareem was the only Ahmed brother blessed with some basketball ability - you shouldn't quit your day job.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXXgm43NSbK1LMX3qJcZGM_jAQeuc7XfV3RD580cRWK_sdVKHFBQ[/img]
OmarAhmed13  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 11:15:00 AM(UTC)
OmarAhmed13

Ur welcome 😂😂😂😂 spicing up the forum it was boring before. Ur welcome in advance 😝😝😝😝
ahmadsaleh  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 11:41:16 AM(UTC)
ahmadsaleh

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
There shouldnt be two players from the same team in the MVP race (Sanaa). Omar Qasem/Moayad Abulhuda should be in the top 5 because they are winning, puttting up very respectable numbers, and actually make the most difference for their team. Wins should be a key factor into creating the list, I think if one's team is winless he should not be on the list either. Theres a stat leaders page to show those who are having statistically great seasons.
billalabbassi  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 3:21:27 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
ahmadsaleh wrote:
There shouldnt be two players from the same team in the MVP race (Sanaa). Omar Qasem/Moayad Abulhuda should be in the top 5 because they are winning, puttting up very respectable numbers, and actually make the most difference for their team. Wins should be a key factor into creating the list, I think if one's team is winless he should not be on the list either. Theres a stat leaders page to show those who are having statistically great seasons.

You're absolutely correct, someone can't be that valuable to a team if they're 0-4, because even if they weren't on the team, they'd still be 0-4. If I had to choose someone else to be on the top 5 it would be Moayad. Omar Qasem is having a great season but he had a bad game and Moayad is yet to have one. Moayad is averaging more points and shooting it at a better percentage while playing defense. (Not saying Omar Qasem doesn't play defense because he does, just saying Moayad does too.) Also, Granada still has Anwar, Waqas, and now Singer. Moayad should definitely be in the top 5. He does have to cut down on the turnovers however.
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
MAhmed  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2017 7:08:38 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

OmarAhmed13 wrote:
Ur welcome 😂😂😂😂 spicing up the forum it was boring before. Ur welcome in advance 😝😝😝😝

Lol
I'm taking orders guys...I'll be selling gear and snacks at the Cairo/Jakarta game
- Cairo pajamas so we can all sleep on Cairo
- TMan lemon flavored sour patch kids
- And ya some popcorn too

Tman13  
#14 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 7:30:49 PM(UTC)
Tman13

After watching the games this week, Raza is the clear cut mvp. Today he had 19 pts, 7 boards, 10 assists, 4 steals. Mo amin on the other hand had a triple double... if you count turnovers

Below are season averages

Mo amin 20 pts 9 reboubds 4 assists 2.6 steals 6 turnovers 54% fg and 16% 3pt

Raza 19 pts 7 rebounds (5'10") 5 assists 2.8 steals 1.6 turnovers 52% as a shooting guard and 38% 3pt

Abdul popal 0 and 5... he's out, but offensive juggernut

Omar abassi 12 pts 12 boards 4 assists 1.2 steals 1.8 turnovers, he does it all though, stats dont do him justice, hes deserving to be in the race, and they lost without him today

Another qualm, cairo is underrated??? LOL, didn't they get blown out today? Mujtaba sat out the last 5 minutes of the game too.
Jakarta is 3-2, one loss without mujtaba and one loss to tehran by 2 in the final minute.

Ive seen mujtaba play and ive heard of his legend, he deserves to be in there or at least more respect.

Might as well chat about raied too. Scoring 22 on 21 shots a game... id like to see a little more efficiency from an mvp candidate, he is relentless going to the rim though. Hes improved a lot since last year too.

And john mingo? "Thats a no from me, dawg"

Kareem ahmed for next up? No sir. Went 3 for 19 today. Average: 17 points 32% fg 41% fts 3.6 steals (thats good) 3.6 turnovers (guess that cancels that)

Anyway these guys can ball but we need to make better decisions on who is mvp caliber.

Honorable mention: amin abdelfateh 20 pts 16 boards 3 blocks, 3 games 3 double-doubles, he just needs to bring up his fg% (35%)

Also, saw leonard lee play today. Wow kids a freak. 50% fg overall 20 pts/game, went for an easy 33pts today, 68% fg today
kaliph_t  
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 6, 2017 7:27:20 AM(UTC)
kaliph_t

I don't dispute any of the above....but gotta question the integrity of the stats after that game/box score. 10 turnovers? Kinda ridiculous. Not to mention blatantly missing crediting Sanaa 2pts after a fast break and insisting the score was correct....which it was not. Doesn't surprise me considering the scorekeepers need to be told they credited the wrong team points at least twice a game.

Edited by user Sunday, August 6, 2017 7:37:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mastaweiss  
#16 Posted : Sunday, August 6, 2017 9:57:15 AM(UTC)
mastaweiss

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I had like 20 points 9 rebounds on 75% shooting, no big deal though. i'll just quietly be the MVP in my own mind :)
Ammar Zidat  
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 6, 2017 11:08:41 AM(UTC)
Ammar Zidat

Stats@muslimbasketball.org

Shout out to Hamza Elsamak for an amazing/outstanding defensive effort.

Also shout out to our amazing stat keepers who get to the gym early morning every saturday and actually benefit the league :)

Also shout out to our amazing scoreboard, making sure that players understand the correct score at the correct time... Also disproving players who think they keep track of there stats/score and simultaneously play the full game.

All love.
Ammar Zidat
Stats Manager.

Edited by user Sunday, August 6, 2017 2:37:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ahmadsaleh  
#18 Posted : Sunday, August 6, 2017 3:23:15 PM(UTC)
ahmadsaleh

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
kaliph_t wrote:
I don't dispute any of the above....but gotta question the integrity of the stats after that game/box score. 10 turnovers? Kinda ridiculous. Not to mention blatantly missing crediting Sanaa 2pts after a fast break and insisting the score was correct....which it was not. Doesn't surprise me considering the scorekeepers need to be told they credited the wrong team points at least twice a game.

Picture yourself in our place, trying to do multiple tasks during the game at once is actually quite hard. Having someone scream at you just causes a huge distraction and it really throws you off. The stat keepers are trying their best and don't derseve the disrespect you are giving them.
mastaweiss  
#19 Posted : Sunday, August 6, 2017 3:51:23 PM(UTC)
mastaweiss

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Agreed ^

Stats aren't always accurate, however, it's pretty damn close. Me and ed belong to like 6 different leagues and we can tell you that you won't find a better stat keeping system.
RJNassim  
#20 Posted : Sunday, August 6, 2017 4:55:33 PM(UTC)
RJNassim

I agree with Weiss. You guys are doing a hell of a job. Yes, mistakes are made here and there but this isn't the NBA where these guys are being paid NBA money (which you guys should 😉). Keep up the good work!