Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : MVP?
Choice Votes Statistics
  Mohammed Abdelhadi
62 %
  Patrick Jaramillo
37 %
  Someone Else
0 %
(Poll is closed)  Total 8 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register. The poll has expired.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kurat_Salla  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 11:27:28 PM(UTC)
Kurat_Salla

Groups: Forum Member
United States

Let's spice this up and have some fun. Feel free to post your feedback and input. This was a very fun season with some strong contenders and some pretenders. Let's see who will step up and claim the chip. In the meantime, here are my pics for awards. You must've played at least 8 games to qualify, since there are only 10 games.

MVP:
1. Mohammed Abdelhadi
2. Patrick Jaramillo
3. Raza Nassim
4. Aymen Abdelfattah
5. Zain Abdeen
6. Luke Mullaney

DPOY:
We should have a vote for this one, because it's tough to gauge through numbers alone. But there are some lockdown players that come to mind:
Frank Ozoria Jr.
Billal Abbasi
Pete Brown
Daniel Goldberg

Most Improved Player:
1. Mo Masri
2. Amir Charrkas
3. Idris Abdus Salam

All MB First Team:
G. Raza Nassim
G. Amir Charrkas
F. Zain Abdeen
F. Patrick Jaramillo
C. Mohammed Abdelhadi

All MB Second Team:
G. Mo Masri
G. Farzad Massaq
F. Luke Mullaney
F. Aymen Abdelfattah
C. Pete Brown

All MB Third Team:
G. Anas Najib
G. Idris Abdus Salam
F. Steve Netti
F. Aytac Malta
C. Salman Ilyas

Edited by user Thursday, September 6, 2018 8:21:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Malik Zubi  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2018 2:12:00 AM(UTC)
Malik Zubi

Groups: Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Nailed it!!!!! Some players also worthy of All MB team are:
Billal Abbassi
AMP ( surprised he wasn’t mentioned)
Anwar
Waqas
Difficult to put together the top 15 players of this season but I wouldn’t argue with this collection.
Kurat_Salla  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2018 2:19:22 AM(UTC)
Kurat_Salla

United States

AMP played in 7 games and I tried very hard to find a spot for Anwar went with Steve Netti instead. Salman and Waqas can be swapped with both justified. I couldn't justify 3 players from Islamabad but one could replace Mo Masri with Billal, both whom were the glue of their respective teams.

Edited by user Thursday, September 6, 2018 2:20:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dannyberg85  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2018 3:45:59 PM(UTC)
Dannyberg85

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Being that I finished top 3 in both blocks and rebs, I am going to have to nominate myself to be put on the DPOY list haha. Unorthodox, I know.
Kurat_Salla  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2018 8:20:40 PM(UTC)
Kurat_Salla

United States

Your teams record and defensive efficiency hurt your case, but on second thought I'll replace Jaber with you in my shortlist, since Jaber didn't fulfil quota of 8 games min.
RJNassim  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 12:10:44 AM(UTC)
RJNassim

@kurat_salla Thank you for putting in the time to create one of these. The league should have awards such as this to get some more player’s names out there for their hard work as well. I hardly post so let me just go ahead and thank MB, Malik, Bilal, and whoever else that kept the forums fun and exciting. Thank you guys and let’s have playoff time ;)
RJNassim  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 12:11:42 AM(UTC)
RJNassim

Originally Posted by: RJNassim Go to Quoted Post
@kurat_salla Thank you for putting in the time to create one of these. The league should have awards such as this to get some more player’s names out there for their hard work as well. I hardly post so let me just go ahead and thank MB, Malik, Bilal, and whoever else that kept the forums fun and exciting. Thank you guys and let’s have fun playoff time ;)

Abdul Popal  
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2018 9:24:40 PM(UTC)
Abdul Popal

Lmfaooo disrespect is real, I get double and triple teamed every game and still put up amazing numbers and taking my team to next round in playoffs. Teams fear me and I aint on any of these lists, what a joke . Have fun gassin each other while I ball for real.
Kurat_Salla  
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2018 9:39:31 PM(UTC)
Kurat_Salla

United States

Absolutely no disrespect because in my first paragraph I stated my 8 game min played requirement. You had a great offensive season as usual.
billalabbassi  
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2018 11:47:21 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Abdul Popal Go to Quoted Post
Lmfaooo disrespect is real, I get double and triple teamed every game and still put up amazing numbers and taking my team to next round in playoffs. Teams fear me and I aint on any of these lists, what a joke . Have fun gassin each other while I ball for real.

No one double or triple teams you cause they think you’re nice, they double and triple cause they know for a fact you’re not passing that rock. Keep hogging it and enjoying your “amazing numbers”.
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
Abdul Popal  
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 12:34:12 AM(UTC)
Abdul Popal

Haha check out the little guy trying to start with the big dog. Yea look at my stats for my career. Highest fg percentage for anyone who ever averaged as much as I do. Young blood you know better.
billalabbassi  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 12:52:20 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Haha check out the little guy trying to start with the big dog. Yea look at my stats for my career. Highest fg percentage for anyone who ever averaged as much as I do. Young blood you know better.

I respect your high field goal percentage, no doubt ✊. I got a question though, how many playoff games you won? Ball hogging won’t get you far when it comes to dubs.

Edited by user Sunday, September 9, 2018 12:56:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Abdul Popal  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 1:19:12 AM(UTC)
Abdul Popal

Lmfao I been to championship in d1 and one plenty playoff games my g, lets just say I don’t have the same privelages as everyone else when they forming they own teams with their boys and childhood peers they been balling with for the longest and I’m usually forced to be on free agent team. 😑 although this season much better then other free agent teams.
Carlitos_wavy  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 2:00:45 AM(UTC)
Carlitos_wavy

As said earlier; thank you to those that post regularly on this forum... at first I believed it was designated people’s jobs to do so, such as the power rankings, given this is the most expensive league I’ve played in.... I’ve come to understand that is not the case, as I’ve recognized many of the contributors as tops players in the league... with that said, this league has been worth every penny; from the stats to the hard work put in by the league administrators, to the refs who truly try to be as fair as possible. I know they take a lot of heat, but officiating 10 players with 2 is not an easy job. If anything they are understaffed, but then league fees would be higher to get a third ref...

On to the matter at hand... I see you guys did put Aytac Malta up on the third team, and I understand it’s hard to gauge MVP considerations and ALL MB teams by simply looking at the stats, but that is the only way to judge really... if you had a chance to watch our teams games, you would understand that Aytac really is such a key piece to our team. We indetify as a defensive squad, and no one embodies that more than Mr Malta. He got on third team only for his scoring (shooting), rebounding, and blocks/steals... what doesn’t show up is his engine and hustle. Aymen is a great player and perennial all star in this league, and for that reason I think Aytac gets overlooked, but make no mistake, Aytac is the best player on our team, for the most part... Tac, your consistency needs to be better, Aymen has the edge there... this all depends on how the voters choose to look at the MVP discussion... is it the guy averaging the best numbers or is it the best player on the best team?? Either way I’m glad y’all put him on the third team, but I have him as a first teamer (granted I have not watched all teams players, and am slightly biased) AMP you are a great offensive player, you need not feel slighted... when was MVP given to a player on a non winning team? Maybe in baseball that would fly... also I understand a lot of great players have not showed up for every game, in the end this is just a game and people need to live their lives. I feel we have (SUBA) have had an advantage there, with our attendance

Looking forward to testing our team these playoffs and am expecting every other teams’s attendance to be raised a level. Obviously winning is fun, but even if we weren’t undefeated, I’ve never had more fun playing this game as I have had this season, with my group of guys...

Thank you to all; my team, the competition, Mr commissioner, the stat guys (How much do I need to give you guys for a few extra points?? Geez!) and the refs! Long live Muslim Basketball!

-Carlos Gomez (raised Catholic, more of a religious non-believer these days)
billalabbassi  
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 2:38:17 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Lmfao I been to championship in d1 and one plenty playoff games my g, lets just say I don’t have the same privelages as everyone else when they forming they own teams with their boys and childhood peers they been balling with for the longest and I’m usually forced to be on free agent team. 😑 although this season much better then other free agent teams.

Keep it a buck, you right. Your stats don’t allow you to have a stacked team. Utilize Goldberg more though!!! Y’all should be a tough out this season.
Idris89  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 1:34:39 AM(UTC)
Idris89

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Carlitos_wavy Go to Quoted Post
As said earlier; thank you to those that post regularly on this forum... at first I believed it was designated people’s jobs to do so, such as the power rankings, given this is the most expensive league I’ve played in.... I’ve come to understand that is not the case, as I’ve recognized many of the contributors as tops players in the league... with that said, this league has been worth every penny; from the stats to the hard work put in by the league administrators, to the refs who truly try to be as fair as possible. I know they take a lot of heat, but officiating 10 players with 2 is not an easy job. If anything they are understaffed, but then league fees would be higher to get a third ref...

On to the matter at hand... I see you guys did put Aytac Malta up on the third team, and I understand it’s hard to gauge MVP considerations and ALL MB teams by simply looking at the stats, but that is the only way to judge really... if you had a chance to watch our teams games, you would understand that Aytac really is such a key piece to our team. We indetify as a defensive squad, and no one embodies that more than Mr Malta. He got on third team only for his scoring (shooting), rebounding, and blocks/steals... what doesn’t show up is his engine and hustle. Aymen is a great player and perennial all star in this league, and for that reason I think Aytac gets overlooked, but make no mistake, Aytac is the best player on our team, for the most part... Tac, your consistency needs to be better, Aymen has the edge there... this all depends on how the voters choose to look at the MVP discussion... is it the guy averaging the best numbers or is it the best player on the best team?? Either way I’m glad y’all put him on the third team, but I have him as a first teamer (granted I have not watched all teams players, and am slightly biased) AMP you are a great offensive player, you need not feel slighted... when was MVP given to a player on a non winning team? Maybe in baseball that would fly... also I understand a lot of great players have not showed up for every game, in the end this is just a game and people need to live their lives. I feel we have (SUBA) have had an advantage there, with our attendance

Looking forward to testing our team these playoffs and am expecting every other teams’s attendance to be raised a level. Obviously winning is fun, but even if we weren’t undefeated, I’ve never had more fun playing this game as I have had this season, with my group of guys...

Thank you to all; my team, the competition, Mr commissioner, the stat guys (How much do I need to give you guys for a few extra points?? Geez!) and the refs! Long live Muslim Basketball!

-Carlos Gomez (raised Catholic, more of a religious non-believer these days)

Thanks for those sentiments Carlos. I will testify to Aytac's intensity, and overall Suba's intensity. Our only loss was to you guys and yall held me scoreless. I'm really looking forward to a rematch and I'm hoping the stars align and we meet in the championship game...

Also, they forgot one award: Rookie of the Year.

My pics would be Pete Brown (winner), Salim Laib, Shafic Itani, Tim Brown, Jose Lora, and the true rook (16 years old) Hamza Ahmed from Kabul.
JohnHartenfels  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 4:56:07 PM(UTC)
JohnHartenfels

Can Someone explain to me how last year mvp is leading in almost every category, numbers are up in every category and he finishes second... i agree with abdul popal . so of them rankings are rooting for there own guys at times instead of being truthful.. just my opinion
Kurat_Salla  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 11:23:16 PM(UTC)
Kurat_Salla

United States

Originally Posted by: JohnHartenfels Go to Quoted Post
Can Someone explain to me how last year mvp is leading in almost every category, numbers are up in every category and he finishes second... i agree with abdul popal . so of them rankings are rooting for there own guys at times instead of being truthful.. just my opinion

Thanks for your feedback. Here is the explanation for me picking Abdelhadi over Patrick for MVP:

Patrick's stats:
32.7 ppg (1st)
10.7 rpg (11th)
5.7 asp (1st)
0.0 bpg (n/a)
3.71 spg (1st)
1.71 tpg

Abdelhadi's stats:
23.4 ppg (3rd)
16.4 rpg (2nd)
2.6 asp (not in top 10)
1.4 bpg (5th)
1.4 spg (not in top 10)
1.75 tpg

They both hover around 48% field goal percentage so I give the slight advantage to Patrick in scoring here. Although Patrick is a very good rebounder, Abdelhadi rebounds at a much higher rate than him. Advantage Abdelhadi. Patrick is an underrated distributer and showed it this season with 5.7 assists to Abdelhadi's 2.6. Both Patrick and Abdelhadi make their presence felt on defense, Pat with steals (1st in league) and Abdelhadi with blocks (5th in league).

As you can see, there is not that much of a disparity in their number. Now if we look at their respective strengths of schedule (which we def. should given such a small sample size of games) Abdelhadi has the advantage here. Some of Patrick's numbers may have been inflated due to playing Jerusalem, Alexandria, Cairo, Cordoba and Fez, a combined record of 11-39. Abdelhadi played 3 sub-500 teams, Fez, Alexandia and Cairo. He also single-handedly took out a full Sarajevo team.

These are the reasons I chose Abdelhadi over Patrick. I'd like to read your analysis on why Pat should win it.

Thanks
JohnHartenfels  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 1:59:14 PM(UTC)
JohnHartenfels

Pat missed one game .. Kazan lost by 13. The other loss they have they had 3 players ejected (including Pat for handing the old miserable referee the ball)

Pat is reigning MVP (that has to count for something)

Besides blocks .. his numbers have improved in every single category.

Turnovers are down.. shooting percentages are up in every category. Leads the league in scoring, assists, and steals. He is 6'1 in a league of full of bigs and averages close to 11 rebounds a game.

Kazan went to the chip last year .. went 8-2 this season.

If you need more reasons than these .. we can just agree there is a bias.

No disrespect to the guy you nominated.. his stats are very impressive as well. But if the games on the line I want Pat on my team.

chrisTEX  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 2:36:27 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kurat_Salla Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JohnHartenfels Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for your feedback. Here is the explanation for me picking Abdelhadi over Patrick for MVP:

Patrick's stats:
32.7 ppg (1st)
10.7 rpg (11th)
5.7 asp (1st)
0.0 bpg (n/a)
3.71 spg (1st)
1.71 tpg

Abdelhadi's stats:
23.4 ppg (3rd)
16.4 rpg (2nd)
2.6 asp (not in top 10)
1.4 bpg (5th)
1.4 spg (not in top 10)
1.75 tpg

They both hover around 48% field goal percentage so I give the slight advantage to Patrick in scoring here. Although Patrick is a very good rebounder, Abdelhadi rebounds at a much higher rate than him. Advantage Abdelhadi. Patrick is an underrated distributer and showed it this season with 5.7 assists to Abdelhadi's 2.6. Both Patrick and Abdelhadi make their presence felt on defense, Pat with steals (1st in league) and Abdelhadi with blocks (5th in league).

As you can see, there is not that much of a disparity in their number. Now if we look at their respective strengths of schedule (which we def. should given such a small sample size of games) Abdelhadi has the advantage here. Some of Patrick's numbers may have been inflated due to playing Jerusalem, Alexandria, Cairo, Cordoba and Fez, a combined record of 11-39. Abdelhadi played 3 sub-500 teams, Fez, Alexandia and Cairo. He also single-handedly took out a full Sarajevo team.

These are the reasons I chose Abdelhadi over Patrick. I'd like to read your analysis on why Pat should win it.

Thanks

It is borderline comical that you listed all of those stats and then follow it with "as you can see, there is not that much of a disparity in their numbers." In what world is averaging 32.7 and averaging 23.4 not much of a disparity? That is a HUGE difference. Then you say averaging 16.4 rebounds and 10.7 rebounds is a "much higher rate." Why didn't you use that verbiage when talking about every other stat line? Probably because rebounding and blocks are the only things the 6'4" player has on the 6' player.

Listen man, it is clearly a bias decision, which is 100% cool. We aren't here for our player to win MVP. Believe me, this post isn't taking ANYTHING away from Mo. Dude KILLED it this season, but saying the reason you gave it to Mo is because we played Cordoba and Jerusalem is silly (I mention those two teams because the other teams you mentioned Kabul played as well). We did not have the chance to play Sarajevo because they forfeited. Also, instead of writing not top 10, you can put 42nd (assists) and 51st (steals).

Good luck to all during the playoffs! Should be fun as always!