Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yaqobwall123  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 5:33:56 PM(UTC)
yaqobwall123

Groups: Forum Member

We should allow anyone to play on any team. There is no reason why Farhad gets rejected on Mombasa. We should let the league play out you already have lob sided teams this season. Honestly it is very sad... we need more competitive teams. What do you guys think?
Jdmsoul  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:29:12 PM(UTC)
Jdmsoul

I agree but i also think the there should be a curve ... i don’t understand how they constantly reject pride from playing with kazan but let tim brown play with mombosa who is a ex semi pro player .. or d1 players that avg 25 plus but can play d2 cuz there no d1. Its also corny when top 5 teams are adding better players and making non competitive teams in the dust
Jdmsoul  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:33:44 PM(UTC)
Jdmsoul

Correction pete brown *
billalabbassi  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:35:18 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I agree to a certain extent, for example, I don't understand why we couldn't add a second big, but I do think that their should be some type of cut off point. The league should monitor the teams and make sure it stays competitive. Instead of a not-so-good free agent team, they should've taken the free agents and put them on the not competitive teams to make them more competitive.
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
MAhmed  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:48:36 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Shout out to Beirut for sticking to the formula and growing that chemistry.....
Sincerely,
Dhaka - unchanged roster since Spring 2016 :)))

Edited by user Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:50:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MAhmed  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:50:19 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

Having said that, I think one of the best things about the league is the brotherhood that develops from playing on different squads.

Also learning how to play different positions and with people having different skill sets, etc

MAhmed  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:59:56 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

Would've been nice to see some of the old school cats like Big O, Mo Abbasi, Farhad in the league this season.

I think the league does its best to keep everything balanced, and take a look at last years playoffs we see they do a great job.

***It's on the captains to be fair about things. We can't have teams adding ringers who miss the first two games (or barely play) so they can't be evaluated properly.
AR  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 11:16:17 PM(UTC)
AR

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

MB doesn't reject players. It rejects rosters. That means it's up to the captains to bring a team that is in balance with the rest of the division. Why do we do it like this?

Let me play out a situation:

Imagine a league with no restrictions.
Everyone adds whomever the want.
Season after season, teams continuously get better.
Pretty soon, your own minutes, shots, etc are reduced and no one is asking you to join their team.

We can have this, and we're ready to do it. It's our D1 division, but there isn't as much demand for that as our D2.

D2 is built with a talent cap on each team. Is our algorithm perfect? No, it's not. But in the absence of tracking minutes played, +/-, etc. (and we're trying to get there), it's the best we have. Evidence is Granada winning the championship as a #15 seed. We are striving for parity - that's what makes the league fun. 14 of the 20 teams this season are championship contenders in my opinion.

We do our best to assess new players given the small sample size compared to the league veterans. In any case, rosters are assessed as a new one every pre-season, so there is no "grandfathering."

Love all the feedback - be assured the league is always listening!

And one last thing:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dik3MidVMAAGJWZ.jpg
Abdul-Rahman, #3
mastaweiss  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 1:17:08 AM(UTC)
mastaweiss

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
^ so much disrespect there lol.

first off, he is the best player in the nba.

secondly, he made a GREAT decision going to the warriors. he wouldn't have gotten a ring somewhere else. 2 rings and 2 finals mvp. come on. that's what this game is about, WINNING. the nba isn't loyal, the players don't have a reason to be loyal. the example i always use is, if you're working at yahoo and google wants to hire you.. going to say no?

AR  
#10 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 1:26:39 AM(UTC)
AR

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

actually, he's not the best player in the NBA, but that has nothing to do with this lol.

The NBA would be so much better with parity, there is absolutely no denying that. That's what makes the NFL so good. Their hard salary cap is analogous to our talent cap.
Abdul-Rahman, #3
Zain23  
#11 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 2:56:23 AM(UTC)
Zain23

Originally Posted by: mastaweiss Go to Quoted Post
^ so much disrespect there lol.

first off, he is the best player in the nba.

secondly, he made a GREAT decision going to the warriors. he wouldn't have gotten a ring somewhere else. 2 rings and 2 finals mvp. come on. that's what this game is about, WINNING. the nba isn't loyal, the players don't have a reason to be loyal. the example i always use is, if you're working at yahoo and google wants to hire you.. going to say no?

Weiss you are going to have to announce your retirement from muslim basketball after this post, when I see you next we need to talk!
rkhizer4  
#12 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 4:06:43 AM(UTC)
rkhizer4

Seriously !!! Did this guy just say KD is the best player in the NBA? Dude. The best player in the NBA has been UNARGUABLY Lebron for the last SEVEN years. And everyone loves winning. But you don’t join the team that beat you. It was easily the most uncompetitive move in the history of sports. Don’t compare it to the Lebron move. Lebron joined a 47 win team that got knocked off in the first round. KD is on a team that doesn’t even NEED him. He could oversleep and miss the game, and his team would still be favored to win. KD will never be Lebron. Not even close. Lebron is only at the dinner table with one man and his name is micheal jordan. End of discussion.
billalabbassi  
#13 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 4:11:43 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Originally Posted by: rkhizer4 Go to Quoted Post
Seriously !!! Did this guy just say KD is the best player in the NBA? Dude. The best player in the NBA has been UNARGUABLY Lebron for the last SEVEN years. And everyone loves winning. But you don’t join the team that beat you. It was easily the most uncompetitive move in the history of sports. Don’t compare it to the Lebron move. Lebron joined a 47 win team that got knocked off in the first round. KD is on a team that doesn’t even NEED him. He could oversleep and miss the game, and his team would still be favored to win. KD will never be Lebron. Not even close. Lebron is only at the dinner table with one man and his name is micheal jordan. End of discussion.

Perfectly said. I would say Bron has been the best player in the league for 10 years though.
Anas_Nas_Zubi  
#14 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 7:03:08 PM(UTC)
Anas_Nas_Zubi

United States

Weiss is definitely a Warriors fan 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
kaliph_t  
#15 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 7:10:36 PM(UTC)
kaliph_t

Originally Posted by: rkhizer4 Go to Quoted Post

Looks like we got a Stage 4 Blind Witness here. Are you old enough to even have watched MJ?
rkhizer4  
#16 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 7:44:40 PM(UTC)
rkhizer4

Lmao. What’s your argument? Let me guess 6-6 in the finals. Lebron will surpass Jordan in literally every catergory. He’s a more dominant athlete, better 3 point shooter. I’m assuming you’re another dude in your 30s-40s who doesn’t wanna let go of the idea of MJ. Times change bro. MJ didn’t start winning until pippen came along. Lebron has played WAY tougher teams in the finals. MJ left his team to go play baseball lmao, and his team still won 55 games. When Lebron leaves his teams they go from best to last, and whatever team he joins goes to the finals. And it’s been that way for 8 years straight. I said they’re at the same dinner table. I didn’t say one is better than the other. Stop by a Sarajevo game if you wanna see what true greatness looks like cause you clearly forgot
Anas_Nas_Zubi  
#17 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 7:47:24 PM(UTC)
Anas_Nas_Zubi

United States

Biggz > MJ
billalabbassi  
#18 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 7:54:51 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Originally Posted by: Anas_Nas_Zubi Go to Quoted Post
Biggz > MJ

Most of these people claim to know basketball, yet like 90% of them don't know who Biggz is. LeBron is better than Jordan, but he isn't the greatest. The greatest by far is Biggz. No question about it.
mastaweiss  
#19 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 8:50:48 PM(UTC)
mastaweiss

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
^ That’s the most logical thing I’ve heard yet
billalabbassi  
#20 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 9:26:45 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Originally Posted by: mastaweiss Go to Quoted Post
^ That’s the most logical thing I’ve heard yet

I knew Weiss would know, I knew he would know.