Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yaqobwall123  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 5:22:16 PM(UTC)
yaqobwall123

Groups: Forum Member

This year there are so many players that step up each and every week it is hard to call out a true MVP.

1. Luke Mullaney- SaravejoHes a 6 foot 4 solid guard... played college ball at Drew University can really light it up. He plays solid defense and has the team that can dominate this league.
the rest of the season.
2. Pete Brown- Mombasa He is a former division 1 basketball player and is a solid pick up for masta weiss. He grabs every single rebound in his area and can really score at will. Defenses will have a tough time guarding him.
3.Mo Abdelhadi- Kabul one of the all time greats in Muslim Basketball...he can really ball. He is really athletic and can still shoot lights out. He has great handles and can take over games.
4. Zain Abdeen- (Islamabad) gotta give a lot of credit to Islamabad... They got Bilal, Idris and also Fursan who is very underrated. However, Zain has been the only really big on this team grabbing rebounds and scoring. He can really dominate the glass and can defend anyone. He has a great overall game.
5. Aytac Malta- (Suba) Former college soccer star who can really play ball. In my opinion, he is the best defender in the league and can really dominate a game with his great shooting. He can lock up from the guard to the center. Sasa and Aytac give the ball to Aymen in very good spots for him to score and this is why the team has been so dominate. He does all the dirty work and grabs rebounds. Watch him and his team they really push the ball!!!
ON THE RISE - soon to be on the top.
Muj Shah-(Timbuktu) everyone knows him... he needs to be more consistent and show up to every game in order for his team to make a push.
Anwar Ahmad (Granada)- watch out the next couple of games he can light it up.
Tim Brown (Baghdad)- there is a reason why this team has turned it around. He is a really tough and helps spread the floor and get his teammates great shots. Gives the ball to Amir in good spots and helps the team close out games.
Luke Jensen (Cordoba)- I have not seen Cordoba really lose a game the past two seasons when he has showed up. He is a legit big man who does not really get any spot light. This team can be very good.
Mo Amin- (Tehran)- he is solid watch him work.
billalabbassi  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:39:06 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Aytac is a GREAT shooter, I even asked one of his teammates if he ever misses lol. However, a 3-and-D guy shouldn't be in the MVP race in my opinion. Zain deserves more respect. Thank you for giving him that, he brings a whole other dynamic to our team.
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
MAhmed  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 7:02:46 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: billalabbassi Go to Quoted Post
Aytac is a GREAT shooter, I even asked one of his teammates if he ever misses lol. However, a 3-and-D guy shouldn't be in the MVP race in my opinion. Zain deserves more respect. Thank you for giving him that, he brings a whole other dynamic to our team.

Zain's ball IQ is off the charts too
Zain23  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 7:32:07 PM(UTC)
Zain23

Our team doesn't have an MVP, anyone can light you up starting with little Omar. We are a defensive minded team, who love moving the ball. We bring the intensity, doesn't matter who we play. What we lack in height we make up in heart.
rkhizer4  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 8:02:18 PM(UTC)
rkhizer4

I could not agree with Zains statements above any more. He gets it. Only people on championship contending teams will understand his logic.
mastaweiss  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 10:15:40 PM(UTC)
mastaweiss

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Yaqob - i agree with a lot of those guys up there. Great job keeping the forum alive
billalabbassi  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 11:16:52 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Preach Zain preach. Couldn’t have said it better myself.
Aytac12  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 11:42:40 PM(UTC)
Aytac12

Turkey

Yaqoob I appreciate the love! Honestly I agree with Zain 100%. Our team is defensive minded and we bring the intensity. We don’t have an mvp on our team, every person contributes. I def don’t belong in the top 5 discussion, this league has some real good ballers, I just play hard, but it’s nice seeing my name in there lol . My top 5 teams right are as follows.

1. Mombasa- They are the most complete team in my mind, they have height, great guard play, and the ball movement to win it all. Very unselfish team. They were great last year and to hear that they got better is scary.

2. Sarajevo- This is easily the most talented team in the league, All 5 guys can straight ball out and when they are all clicking I can’t see them getting beat. The reason I put Mombasa ahead is because of the big man down low who I think is going to cause problems against Sarajevo.

3. Islamabad- Zain going to these guys was a great addition, I thought he was real good last year but he didn’t have the team around him to play to his true potential. I specifically remember playing Islamabad last season, I thought thy were were going to blow them out when we were warming up because they were small but they ended up beating us by more than 20. Lesson learned. These guys have such great chemistry that it makes up for the disadvantage they have when it comes to height. They move the ball around so well that it’s hard to keep up with them on def and they play great def on top of that. Adding Zain to this team only makes them that much better and they will be a tough matchup come playoff time, you better hope you don’t run into them.

4. Dhaka- iIts obvious why they are great every season. Great chemistry, great ball movement, high intensity,, and they never lose their cool. They are never out of it. They can beat anyone when they are hot, no weak spots on this team, they rotate and the level of play never falls off. Everyone on this team contributes in their own way. Mad respect for not adding players and keeping the same roster. You can’t hate these guys, I am def a fan.

5. Suba- I think we deserve to be in the top 5 for sure. We def have had the easiest schedule so far but that’s not on us, we are ready to play against anybody. We have a bunch of dogs on our team. Everyone goes all out on def every possession which is why I love playing with my teammates. We went 8-2 last year and we added FA to our squad which has been huge. Nobody sees his contributions on the stat sheets. He can lock anybody down in this league, Yaqoob I appreciate you saying I’m the best def but I’m not even the best defender on my team, it’s FA. We know that which is why we put him on Goldberg last game and FA shut him down and that’s not easy since he is 5’9 and Goldberg is a monster at 6’7. We move the ball around and no one on our team cares about who scores, we just want to win. You better come to play with everything you got when you play suba because We don’t take our foot off the pedal. We are not the most talented team but we all play really well together.

I want to give a shoutout to Kazan because they have Patrick who is an amazing player but I have not seen enough from the rest of the guys other than their pg Chris, they have two guys they do a lot but not everyone is contributing. If Patrick is having an off day then this team can be beat. When Patrick is on then they can be the #1 team in the league.

I haven’t gotten to watch enough of every team so this can all change as I watch more games, just working with what I’ve seen.

-Aytac #12 Show Suba some respect!
Jmillo89  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 12:09:42 AM(UTC)
Jmillo89

Lol....
Dannyberg85  
#10 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 12:33:54 AM(UTC)
Dannyberg85

Shut down? Haha.
Aytac12  
#11 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 12:54:46 AM(UTC)
Aytac12

Turkey

i expect you guys to have your opinions. Dan your a great player and anyone under 6'0 should not be able to guard you because of your size, he kept you at 4-11. You dont know how hard that is for someone so much shorter than the person they are defending in the paint.
Dannyberg85  
#12 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 1:04:22 AM(UTC)
Dannyberg85

I’m not going to deny he was a good defender but he didn’t “keep” me to anything. I missed 3-4 putbacks because I went up too strong. Again, he played strong but I also didn’t get as many touches as I usually do this game. I’m 6’5 and 240lbs and he’s 5’9. I could have just gone over him at any time.

You guys played well and I’m not taking that away from you. But don’t mistake my lack of touches for getting “shut down”.
Aytac12  
#13 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 1:15:26 AM(UTC)
Aytac12

Turkey

i am speaking specifically for this one game only, you can go on to dominate him in another game. Maybe using the word shut down was wrong, he played great def on you. I agree with you 100% about your lack of touches, you need the ball in your hands more. Your team can be a lot better but it seems like there isnt enough trust between the players and the chemistry isnt there. Popal is such a great player, i was amazed at some of the tough shots he made but he needs to dish more, plain and simple. We knew going into the game that he didnt pass much which is why we came out playing def the way we did. You guys need more time/games together to build some chemistry, you guys had 2 players who barely touched the ball, need all 5 to win in this league. We were hot that game, you guys have the talent to beat us, we just had a better game. #playasateam #Teamworkwins
jerzafgn  
#14 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 1:29:01 AM(UTC)
jerzafgn

Jake, thank you for your list of mvp candidates. You're missing one person, Yaqub Walizadeh. He is averaging 17 and 7 and shooting threes at 50%. At 6-4, 220 (9% body fat), he has the size to bang with the big boys but the footwork and skill of a gaurd. He has a very unique skill set for his size. Let's see if he can develop into a top three mvp candidate by the end of the season ...
Ayood2  
#15 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 3:47:43 AM(UTC)
Ayood2

Originally Posted by: mastaweiss Go to Quoted Post
Yaqob - i agree with a lot of those guys up there. Great job keeping the forum alive

Echoing this statement. I couldn’t agree more with the top picks. If those names were in order of best to worst though, I’d have to change one thing by putting zain’s name in the 1 spot. Dude is an absolute beast mA. His craftiness at the rim is underrated, & his IQ is elite. Islamabad man-handled my team last week, they play incredibly well with one another & Zain is the obvious powerhouse factor. Don’t mean to discredit anyone I barely see any of those other guys play. Pat is definitely up there lol
billalabbassi  
#16 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 4:09:10 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Originally Posted by: Ayood2 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mastaweiss Go to Quoted Post

Echoing this statement. I couldn’t agree more with the top picks. If those names were in order of best to worst though, I’d have to change one thing by putting zain’s name in the 1 spot. Dude is an absolute beast mA. His craftiness at the rim is underrated, & his IQ is elite. Islamabad man-handled my team last week, they play incredibly well with one another & Zain is the obvious powerhouse factor. Don’t mean to discredit anyone I barely see any of those other guys play. Pat is definitely up there lol

Shots fired. Hahahaha
Shabazz12  
#17 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 12:06:19 PM(UTC)
Shabazz12

Zain is me but a better scorer...
Dont debate me
JohnHartenfels  
#18 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 4:11:20 PM(UTC)
JohnHartenfels

35 ppg 12.3 rpg 5.0 apg 4.0 spg shooting 44% ... reigning MVP .. and he doesn't make the list???
Top 10 in like every category... YIKES. I think ya'll might have pissed Pat off with the lack of respect.

jerzafgn  
#19 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 4:25:46 PM(UTC)
jerzafgn

That must have been an oversight. He is obviously an mvp candidate.
billalabbassi  
#20 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 4:33:49 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Yeah idk why he wouldn't be on there, he obviously has an explanation, or maybe he just forgot to put him on.