Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
qman612  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2018 5:54:42 PM(UTC)
qman612

Groups: Forum Member

Disclaimer: Picks are made with the expectation that each team is fielding a full squad. They are obviously subject to change if people are missing.

Sanaa-Timbuktu -- toss up. The war for Sana'a rages on lol. Battle of former teammates, but this game will be about abdul popal and his ability to get buckets. Will Raied, Khalied, and company be up to the task of stopping him??

Kazan-Granada -- welcome to the league Patrick Jaramillo. Kazan is locked and loaded for a potentially deep playoff run with two aces in Mark and Patrick. Granada lost a close one to a good team last week and will be hungry for revenge, but I don't see them neutralizing both Patrick and Mark this week. Kazan in a close one.

Islamabad-Damascus --Damascus is improving but not quite there yet, Islamabad gets the win in a game that may be closer than it looks on paper.

Mecca-Lahore -- Mecca put the league on blast in week 1, beating Tehran in every facet of that game. This team has the makings of a champion, but their defense will be put to the test this week, facing Jon Dejesus and company. Jon showed why he's the best player in this league (although newcomer Patrick may object) in week 1, scoring at ease whenever he wanted to. Mecca will have to neutralize him to win this game and I trust with their IQ that they won't let him beat them.

Lagos-Beirut -- tough first week for Lagos, running into a buzzsaw of a Kazan team. Beirut has multiple seasons of chemistry to rely on in this matchup and I suspect that will be the difference in a good overall matchup. Watch for Ted Jimenez to re-emerge though.

Jeddah-Jakarta

Dhaka-Mombasa -- Game of the week, championship rematch!!! Mombasa comes back with a few new additons to its traditional core, but will it be enough? The one thing that Weiss has to be concerned about is that it is becoming closer to a trend of Dhaka beating Mombasa. Mombasa is a smart team, one of the smartest in this league, but they still have not found a way to neutralize Dhaka (not many teams have). Dhaka wins until proven otherwise

Sarajevo-Tehran -- both teams are coming off of tough week 1 losses. Both were missing key players in week 1. This should be a good overall matchup but I see Tehran's combination of size and speed as a problem. They are integrating some new players into their team and may take a few games to hit their stride. I don't know anything about the new guy on Sarajevo who missed week 1 so we will have to wait and see what he brings to the table.

Baghdad-Amman -- Amman looks like a well-rounded squad, with some solid additions to their core from last season. They have the makings of a championship team this year and this game should be a sizeable victory.

Cordoba-Suba -- New faces for Suba this year and they are off to a good start. Cordoba will have to play better defense this week.
ef_128  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 8:33:53 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
"Disclaimer: Picks are made with the expectation that each team is fielding a full squad. They are obviously subject to change if people are missing." - Qman

Sana'a - Timbuktu
Big court. Both teams 1-0. Abdul dropping his buckets like usual. On a long court, he might score more because he doesn't get tired. Raied's defense will be tested here. Should be a good matchup between those two. If Abdul is contained, watch out for Steve and Jason to handle some of his load.

Kazan - Granada
Small court. Very friendly for scorers. Rookie Pat J showed that he is a name to look for week in and out. Two similar teams here with 3 players taking a majority of their teams shots. I saw part of Kazan's game last week. They pressured a lot on D and created turnovers. Granada will need to match that intensity. And someone needs to lock down Pat.

Islamabad - Damascus
Big court. This will be like a track meet. Two teams full of young energy. Running and jumping. Layups and rebounds. Islamabad got that chemistry down thou. Damascus will get there soon if they continue to keep their team together as they have been.

Mecca - Lahore
Haters be like 'Anas Zubi carried Mecca to a win last week'. Jon DeJesus?! Who's that?!

Lagos - Beirut
Lagos is a good team that just fell apart last week. They have an amazing starting 5. They need some time to build chemistry. Beirut is back to business. They took out the defending champs last week and look to keep winning.

Jeddah - Jakarta
Will Muj be back this week? Dont think it matters. Yo Shah looking for redemption. Mo Masri looking to make his name known. Jeddah will need to step up their offense.

Dhaka - Mombasa
Mombasa isnt the dominant team they once were. They'll need a full roster to compete against Dhaka. Dhaka starting the season off with a loss is bad for the rest of the league. They mean business now.

Sarajevo - Tehran
Surprised Sarajevo lost last week. Expected a win from them. Tehran had a sloppy game and had players come late, and also was missing Joe Pip. Tehran will come out hungrier this week. Sarajevo will have to hold down the paint against Joe Z and Mo Amin.

Baghdad - Amman
Newcomers Baghdad will have a tough time vs Amman.

Cordoba - Suba
I've heard rumors that Cordoba will be missing some players.
Malik Zubi  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 8:46:45 AM(UTC)
Malik Zubi

Groups: Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
"Disclaimer: Picks are made with the expectation that each team is fielding a full squad. They are obviously subject to change if people are missing." - Qman

Sanaa vs. Timbuktu - Sanaa came to play last week, scoring 64 points as well as grabbing a league leading 46 rebounds. I know it's very early, but seems like AR has put together a well balanced team with guys knowing their roles. On the other side Raied and Layth led their team in scoring with 12, and 17 respectively. Should be a good match up between Abdul and Raied. I am going with Sanaa in this one.

Kazan vs. Granada - If it wasn't for Granada's floor general Omar Singer missing half the game with injury, (Allah yeshfeek and hope you're feeling better) Granda could be 1-0. They have another tough task this week with Mark and company after they dropped 76 points in their week 1 victory. Playing on court B will benefit Granada and I expect the Ahmed brothers to each have a big game after their tough week 1 loss. Going with Granda.

Islamabad vs. Damascus - The Abbassi's just continue doing Abbassi things. They are going to out hustle you, play tough defense, and make the right basketball play when it matters the most. MVP sleeper Billal Abbassi had a great week performance with 11 points 12 rebounds and 4 assists. Big brother Fursan Abbassi led the team with 16 points on a stellar 54 percent shooting. This week's match up with Damascus will be much more tougher than it looks on paper. Hosam Karkis and Ahmad Sehwail need to be the leaders of this team and control the tempo of the game. Hamza Karkis needs to be more assertive on the offensive end and look to score more often. Islamabad may be too much for the younglings but I do expect a close, hard fought game.

Mecca vs. Lahore - Jaber vs. Jon De Jesus (get your popcorn ready)

Lagos vs. Beirut - I told y'all don't underestimate Beirut, and what do they do? They come in and defeat the defending champs. Lagos played Kazan very well in the first half, but fatigue might have kicked in as they were outscored 42-10 in the 2nd half. With a lot of talent on both sides, look for an unsung hero to make the play of the game and lead their team to victory. Toss up.

Jeddah vs. Jakarta - I know Himey is having trouble sleeping at night after losing to Mombassa (who only played with 4). Although they did not have Mujtaba, I'm sure he isn't going to use that as an excuse. Jeddah is trying to overcome a loss of their own but may not be the beneficiary of this week 2 matchup. Mahmoud Hamdan, who has been on winning teams in the past, needs to be the catalyst for his team and get guys like Ammar and Brandon hot early on. Close game but Sir Himey for the win.

Dhaka vs. Mombasa - Championship Rematch(s). I'm sure these two teams are sick of seeing each other, especially this early in the season. Dhaka needs to play better defense if they want any chance of beating a Mombassa team, who should have their entire team this week. MVP candidate Raza will look to build off of his 10 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists performance. Dr. Mairaj won't like this pick but I gotta go with Mombassa in this one.

Sarajevo vs. Tehran - Tehran needs to get Mo Amin more involved, and that shouldn't be a problem. If Joey P makes his season debut they shouldn't have a problem with the Leonard Leeless Sarajevo squad.

Baghdad vs. Amman -Moayad is picking up right where he left off folks! Playing this game on Court A, will only benefit Amman, as I don't believe Baghdad has the personnel to keep up.

Cordoba vs. Suba - The PA boys get their first win of the season.
billalabbassi  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 12:54:23 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Sana'a/Timbuktu- Timbuktu got some good players with Raied and Layth. Raied could attack and penetrate while Layth is an overall pure scorer. However, Sana'a has built a well-rounded team with defense and offense. AR and co. could play defense while Abdul could shoulder the offense. I think it'll be a close game that will be decided in the final moments, but Sana'a is defense will pull it out with the W.

Kazan/Granada- I don't see how I could possible bet against Kazan. They scored a league leading 76 points and they have Patrick who scored a league leading 39 points. You then couple Mark is overall great basketball skill and Frank is great mid-range shooting with that, Kazan has a championship caliber squad. Granada has some absolute ballers, but I don't think they have the defense necessary to stop what seems like an offensive juggernaut of a team from scoring.

Islamabad/Damascus- I won't predict my game. #footballseasonisout #JAMS2017CHAMPS

Mecca/Lahore- Jon Dejesus and Herb Henry will carry the load with the help of some pretty good role players. Scott Bell didn't have the greatest of games, but something tells me that was a fluke. Mecca destroyed Tehran last week. I know Joe "Lockdown" Pipitone did not attend, but he would not have covered that spread. Mecca has Ed and Malik who could light up the courts and then make it rain, they have Obada and Ammar downlow. They have a top tier defender in Hamza and Jaber orchestrating. They has the assets of a great team, but do they have the will power? This is a toss up. Mecca takes it. Would not be surprised if I'm wrong.

Lagos/Beirut- Beirut has the experience and talent. Lagos shrunk in the second half last week against Kazan and they gave up 76 points. You can't have that porous of a second half and expect to win. Beirut wins.

Jeddah/Jakarta- I'm not exactly sure what happened to Jakarta in week 1 losing to a Mombasa squad that on fielded 4 players. Yeah Mujkarta wasn't there, but still... Come On. I think they bounce back and win this one by a good margin. They have defnse and offense, I don't see why they would have another bad night. Himey prides himself and his team on defense, play your game and play defense fellas.

Dhaka/Mombasa- I have no idea what to think. Dhaka lost in week 2 last season and they won every single game since then. Mombasa beat Jakarta with only 4. Two great teams that had two very different week 1s. Toss up. I guess I'll just pick Dhaka because they play more team ball than Mombasa.

Sarajevo/Tehran- Tehran were so porous in week 1. I think they bounce back in week 2. Sarajevo seems like a good 3 point shooting team but still only scored 42 points. I need a little more on Sarajevo to make a legit pick, but for the little information I have, Ima go with Tehran.

Baghdad/Amman- Baghdad had trouble finding buckets in week 1 shooting only 21.2%. Amman has some good players in Omar Qasem, Moayad "Cherrypick" Abulhuda, and Marwan Tamimi. Shabazz will keep everyone in check. For some reason, Omar Mana always goes MIA. If he shows up, they are a much better team. Amman.

Cordoba/Suba- Cordoba let me down in week 1 only shooting 26.7% from the field and and 13.8% from 3. Suba has Aymen and so Ima go with them.
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
ef_128  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 1:58:49 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Mombasa had 5 players last week.

Unfortunately we are having server issues and some players are not showing up on their team's roster. This is being looked into by our webmaster.
ef_128  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:00:03 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Court A - big court - left side of "Scores & Schedule" page
Court B - small court - right side of "Scores & Schedule" page

Notice the higher scores on Court B
ef_128  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:02:26 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Week 1 teams that played on:

Court A averaged 44.2 points
Court B averaged 54.8 points
billalabbassi  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 1:14:05 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
ef_128 wrote:
Week 1 teams that played on:

Court A averaged 44.2 points
Court B averaged 54.8 points

Wow, great observation. More than a 10 point difference.

Edited by user Thursday, February 1, 2018 1:14:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
MAhmed  
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2018 7:24:17 AM(UTC)
MAhmed

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sana’a/Timbuktu
Newcomers Timbuktu showed a lot of poise in their first MB game coming back from a huge 1st half deficit. They’ll stay hot at 2-0 with their length on defense giving Abdul trouble.

Kazan/Granada
Didn’t see Kazan play, but does Granada have any answers for Pat “39/13” Jaramillo and Mark? I heard good things about George, and of course the Ahmad brothers always do their thing, but it’ll be a big challenge so for that reason I gotta go with Kazan

Islamabad/Damascus
Damascus has given us trouble but they’re streaky. Against a disciplined team like Islamabad it’ll take a sustained effort. Fursan and Islam had a good 1st game which is a great sign for Islamabad. Bilal double double Abbassi and Big O will get theirs and carry them for the win.

Mecca/Lahore
Shout out to Hamza Saleh - this brother is an underrated big man with excellent court vision. Anyways, Ed will have some tricks up his sleeve on the defensive end. I see Mecca containing Jon and Herb just enough to get the W.

Lagos/Beirut
Wow what happened to Lagos in the second half last week? I don’t think that’ll happen again, Zain and Yacoub will look to control the block, and lead Lagos to their first win of the season. Ted won’t be going 2 for 11 anytime soon.

Jeddah/Jakarta
Yousef looking to grab that crown from Muj and rename Mujkarta to YoKarta. Jeddah’s a strong team but I’m picking YoKarta for this one.

Dhaka/Mombasa : what an awesome rivalry this has become. Always a battle and intense. Weiss don’t forget to bring us some refreshments.

Sarajevo/Tehran
Two teams with potential to be in the top tier. Sarajevo should have their full squad, and we get to see who’s replaced LL Cool Lee on the roster. Tehran looks dangerous and with Joe Pip back I see them coming together as a team for the W.

Baghdad/Amman
While Jon and Pat got all the week 1 attention, Abdulwahhaab Yanes quietly racked up 18 points and 4 rebounds. MoShabazz was so pleased with Amman’s off season pick up he didn’t even scream once during the game lol. Baghdad's looking to make some noise but this will be a tough one for them, I'm going with Amman.

Cordoba/Suba
Full squad I take Cordoba but Ed and his inside scoop says otherwise, so Suba it is
Malik Zubi  
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 5:35:25 PM(UTC)
Malik Zubi

Groups: Website Administration, Forum Member

Week 2 predictions 9/9, MB gotta start paying me!
mastaweiss  
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 9:10:27 PM(UTC)
mastaweiss

Thanks for believing in us. It’s crazy people are sleeping on us. Makes me sad. We are going to make another run.