Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LonzoBall  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2022 1:49:59 PM(UTC)
LonzoBall

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We got a week break, the last game of the season, who wants it going into the playoffs?

7:00 PM
Islamabad (Black) @ Jerusalem (White) :
We have our game of the week, the winner gets the #2 seed. For Islamabad, they're going to need all their players to bring their absolute A game. Zain will do his thing, putting the team on his back and keeping them in the game. Outside of Zain though, Jerusalem's suffocating defense will surely be a major obstacle. On the flip side, I'll be surprised if Islamabad has anyone but Salim guarding Jerusalem's superstar in Hassan (whom I suspect will still find a way to show out btw), so this has to be the game Ahmad Saleh's 2nd round pick finally proves his worth. Furthermore, Farhad and Aadil presenting a threat at the elbow can prove to be detrimental to Islamabad's paint presence. All around, on paper, this game seems to be in the hands of Jerusalem, if lil o and Ahmad have their way at the perimeter, and their defense plays like usual, this game is theirs for the taking. Islamabad will need to find a way to lighten the load off their star to come out on top.
Jerusalem by 7.

8:00 PM
Kabul (Black) @ Kashgar (White) :
Assuming Ali takes another break to heal up, in terms of personnel, Kashgar looks like they've got the advantage going into this one. Though as you've probably already heard from the podcast, too many times have Kashgar disappointed. They've yet to build the right chemistry, and it's not like Kabul's players can't match up against that of Kashgar's. Kabul will yet again find a way to win without one of their main guys, but I'll give Kashgar the benefit of the doubt and say that they manage to keep it close.
Kabul by 4.

9:00 PM
Dhaka (Black) @ Lagos (White) :
Potential for game of the week, with some major playoff changes when this one ends. Immediately, based on prior experiences, I'd want to vote for Lagos being that they have a multitude of quicker guards, while Dhaka does not. More recently though, Dhaka has figured out a way to pick up the pace defensively, and offensively. Dhaka's been able to get everyone involved, and it seems height and strength is to their advantage. That leaves me with two things I'd like to say. One, Aymen is going to have to play big come Tuesday night, not his usual "guard-like" tendencies. Two, Lagos' guards are not just any "quicker guards", they're all top round guys, each with the ability to create for themselves and others. Kudos to Dhaka for picking things up and pushing the pace, but I think Lagos is going to be a bit too much for them to handle in a well-fought bout.
Lagos by 5.

10:00 PM
Sana'a (Black) @ Damascus (White) :
I want so badly to give advice to this Damascus squad, but unfortunately for myself, I'm here to predict games. Actually, one little piece of advice, yall got a basketball mastermind over there coaching you, please follow his word like it's the law. I don't see any way Damascus wins this game, especially with their recent trends. Though perhaps if they manage to build what they had going on earlier in the season they'll put up a nice fight for us to watch. Nonetheless, I predict Sana'a gets a bit disrespectful and looks to get all their guys in double digits.
Sana'a by 31.

As always, please feel free to comment or reply, and please understand I meant no offense in anything I have said.
Remember to make your votes on: muslimbasketball.org/pickem
MAhmed  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2022 2:57:24 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Islamabad @ Jerusalem
This will be interesting. Lots of defensive strategy options for Jerusalem. The top defensive team probably the quickest in the league against the team with the best ball movement. Zain and company will move until they get the best shot and when Idris and Amir C are there I like that shot any day. Islamabad is ranked 2nd in defense and it's not just Zain and Salim. I don’t think Jerusalem can run Islamabad out the gym like other teams - at least not with Omar, Salim and company out there. Close one, but the experienced Islamabad team with the dub.

Kabul @ Kashgar
Sure Shafic’s not filling up box scores like he usually does but anyone watching Kabul games knows the effect he’s having on the court whether it’s ball movement, defense or pushing the tempo. He’ll be good for 10 transition points, a couple 3s and the usual rebounds, assists and drive and kicks. Vets Sadat and Ali showing they still got it. Kabul with the W don’t see this being very close unless Kashgar locks themselves in a gym this weekend.

Dhaka @ Lagos
Dhaka suffered from chemistry issues early on (partially due to attendance), but right now team Lagos chemistry doesn’t seem ready heading into the playoffs. Some good match-ups but once your hot you’re hot. Dhaka!

Sana'a @ Damascus
Damascus guests Big Moose and keeps it close. Big Moose limits Abdelhadi but Billal and Kareem do what they do offensively and defensively for the W

Edited by user Saturday, September 3, 2022 3:04:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified