Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
umarimran1  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 2:46:07 AM(UTC)
umarimran1

Groups: Forum Member

Salaam everyone,

For those of you that don't know me I'm Umar, the captain of Sana'a. I've been playing in MB for 12 seasons/8 years and I'm never one to speak out but I had to tonight because of one referee. Our team lost in overtime by one point to Medina because this one referee called a non-existent foul. After the game ended he admitted to our team that he had to call a foul to end the game so then they could start the next game.

This is cheating the game that we all come here to play. The outcome should have been a draw if they did not want to engage in Double OT, that is fair. What is not fair is just because the game was taking a certain amount of time this referee decided to award the other team with a foul with no time left so a winner would be declared. Again, this is cheating and we pay to play therefore, we expect each game to be officiated fairly regardless of the circumstances.

Our team kindly requests that this particular referee does not officiate any of our games going forward.

Also, hats off to Medina for playing a tough game.

Umar Imran

mastaweiss  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 3:00:37 AM(UTC)
mastaweiss

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
If he actually said that, why would he be allowed to ref any games for Muslim Basketball going forward.

This should be looked into and maybe MB can do the right thing for once.
thanks 1 user thanked mastaweiss for this useful post.
umarimran1 on 10/8/2021(UTC)
shahaankazi  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 3:38:35 AM(UTC)
shahaankazi

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Umar - I was actually there watching the game since our game was next on the court you guys were playing at. There was no foul at all on that play and it was obvious that the ref only called it to end the game. To make things worse - we had a horrible experience with the same exact referee as well. Not a single call when we would drive in. While our team isn’t at the top of the rankings, every game should be refereed in the same manner. It was obvious the ref had no interest in properly reffing the game. Additionally, MB is built on the platform of brotherhood and sportsmanship. One of my teammates dislocated his finger and was asking for ice or tape just so he could keep playing. The referee had 0 interest in the injury and couldn’t even call an injury timeout and told us to continue playing with 4 people. The other team actually used their time out for us just so we could have some time snd take care of the injury.
thanks 1 user thanked shahaankazi for this useful post.
Himey  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 4:09:27 AM(UTC)
Himey

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Salam guys,

Thanks for bringing this up. And Shahaan, sorry that happened to your teammate. That’s obviously unacceptable. We’ll reach out to you guys inshAllah, to work on getting this documented, and acted on appropriately.

Have a good night fellas.

Ibrahim Omar
MB Commissioner
commissioner@muslimbasketball.org
thanks 1 user thanked Himey for this useful post.
AFAY  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 4:20:32 AM(UTC)
AFAY

I think it’s a bit silly to focus on one play when the entire game was refereed horribly….honestly one of the worst I’ve experienced. Even unbiased players on the sidelines were scratching their heads throughout the game. It’s clear some of these refs are there just to collect a paycheck. Luckily, in this case the better team came out on top despite playing 7 v 5. 😐