Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ahmadsaleh  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 5:29:44 AM(UTC)
ahmadsaleh

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Tripoli / Medina
Medina will get their first loss of the season. The game is going to be really close but ultimately I think Muj and Yousef will outscore Medina's core scorers. Medina had a fairly easy schedule so far, this will be their first real test. If Medina wants to win, Biggz needs to limit Muj and Medina needs to shoot as efficiently as they have been so far. Shoutout to Anas Zubi whos scoring like he hasn't missed a season.

Baghdad / Kazan
League MVP and co. will take the win this week and remain undefeated. Kazan has a bunch of players who can pick up some of the offensive load every week. Craig has been a solid addition to the team this season. Baghdad is going to need Moe Rayyan to show up in order to beat Kazan.

Jeddah / Dhaka
Dhaka is also going to end Jeddah's undefeated season. Fahad should benefit from the larger court. Dhaka is going to be too much to handle for Jeddah. Dhaka has too much talent on the roster to lose this one.

Palermo / Granada
I got Palermo and it's not going to be close. Popal and Yaqob are going to go off for back to back weeks. Expect someone from Palermo's talented bench to stat pad.....I mean have a break-out game. Granada has been extremely underwhelming this season, Anwar is too talented to stay cold this season and should eventually go off. They'll turn it around but not this week.

Damascus / Suba
Suba is probably going to repeat this year. Every guy in their lineup can play amazing defense and their ball movement leads to easy points. They're the most complete team in the league, I don't think Damascus has a chance. Damascus needs to shoot better to win games. Damascus versed many tough opponents, probably their toughest stretch of the season so they'll eventually snag a few wins.

Kashgar / Lagos
I don't know much about Kashgar, but I'm leaning towards Lagos. Kyseem Green is killing it, I'm sure Hosam and Muhannad will have solid games too.

Islamabad / Alexandria
Islamabad is better a better team than Alexandria. They'll bounce back this week after a tough loss against Kazan. Idris should benefit off of the bigger court and drop a good amount of 3's. I expect a big game from Luke. Islamabad will contain Ty and cruise to 2-2.

Jakarta / Beirut
If Jakarta has their full squad they'll take the win. Joe P is a solid addition to the team but an under the radar addition to Jakarta is Jeffar Froogh, teams need to watch out when he's activated. Beirut is a really good team so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong.

Sana'a / Tehran
With Tehran coming off a blowout loss to Medina(who didn't have Jawad), I'm going to choose Sanaa. They should've been 2-1 but I'm sure they'll even their record to 2-2.

Jerusalem / Lahore
Won't predict my game. Should be a fun game to watch.

Mombasa / Cordoba
Mombasa won't lose two in a row. If Cordoba has their whole squad, there's a huge chance I'm going to be wrong. Kenny, Luke, and Amir are quite a talented big 3. Mo Masri and Raza will combine for 40.

Player of the Week: Abdul Mutaleb Popal

Edited by moderator Wednesday, February 6, 2019 4:35:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked ahmadsaleh for this useful post.
JohnHartenfels on 2/9/2019(UTC)
billalabbassi  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 1:00:00 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Tripoli/Medina- The king is in his kingdom. #KingNas

Baghdad/Kazan- Pat will get his, but I think Kazan has played worse teams than Baghdad has and Baghdad will give Kazan something they haven't seen yet. Amir has been averaging 23.5 ppg while shooting 56.7%. The dude is an absolute baller. He will help carry Baghdad past Kazan.

Jeddah/Dhaka- Possible Game of the Week. Ameer Koyas and Salman seemed a little hurt last week, and they'll need them healthy to win this game. Jeddah is a championship contender led by Kalied Saleh, and Dhaka will need every bit of Farzad, Ameer, Michael, and Salman to pull this one out. I think Ameer and Salman will get healthy, and Farzad will show up on time.

Palermo/Granada- I'm done picking Granada just for them to get blown out. Abdul is an absolute lethal scorer who seems unstoppable when he starts to feel it.

Damascus/Suba- Seems like they don't lose.

Kashgar/Lagos- Kyseem Green has a very good pull up game and he could shoot it from the 3 and mid-range. He'll need some help to get some wins and I think he gets enough help this week.

Islamabad/Alexandria- Alexandria has been playing better, but Fursan, Zain, and Luke will be too much for ALexandria to handle this week. Islamabad needs this win to really get them back on track.

Jakarta/Beirut- Jakarta scores, but they get scored on. Beirut doesn't score, but they don't get scored on. Defense travels and comes every week, offense doesn't, and for that reason precisely I am picking Beirut. Jakarta needs to get Malik Zubi more involved, he wasn't even touching the ball last week.

Sana'a/Tehran- Sana'a has a solid squad, but I feel like Tehran plays more team ball and that'll play a role in this game. Word of advice to Tehran, you have to watch the fast break, Leanord Lee loves to run it, and you're playing on Court A.

Jerusalem/Lahore- Jerusalem lossed the magic they had week 1.

Mombasa/Cordoba- Mombasa will bounce back. Cordoba has size, but Mombasa has the size to match them.
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
thanks 2 users thanked billalabbassi for this useful post.
JohnHartenfels on 2/9/2019(UTC), RamzySaleh on 2/9/2019(UTC)
chrisTEX  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 4:41:32 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
This is my first time doing this. I am assuming all players on the roster are playing when making my picks. Don't be offended by some of the things I say, it is all in fun. I love everyone lol

Tripoli / Medina
Although Bilal hates picking us to win, I do not share that same energy. Medina is one of the best teams in this league. Anas is the clear cut comeback player of the year. Glad to see him picking it up right where he left off. Tripoli has the MB God Muj, but last time I bet on Muj I lost 10 dollars. Medina wins in a close one.

Baghdad / Kazan
I am not like everyone else with the "I won't predict my own game." I will predict my game every time, and I will predict my team to win every time as well. Baghdad is great squad. Shout out to my boy Marky who is back from injury. He definitely brings them from a very good squad to a great squad. Guess what though? We are great too. Kazan by a million.

Jeddah / Dhaka
Assuming everyone shows up on time, I have Dhaka in a close one. Everyone loves talking about "Dhaka's chemistry." Man listen, they just have players that can PLAY. That is it. Rawls is nice. Ameer is underrated. Fahad is a pest. Salman is giant. Anas and squad will have trouble stopping everyone.

Palermo / Granada
Anwar just hasn't been what he was the year when they beat us in the finals. I have mad respect for him, so I am going to assume maybe he is injured or something. Lets not forget that they were a 15 seed coming into the playoffs the year they won. They have a chance to get hot towards the end of the season, and Goldberg is a beast on the glass. "Abdul & The Gang" take this one. Yaqob needs to be a consistent contributor for this team to make noise later in the season. Abdul will get his.

Damascus / Suba
I will pick Suba every week until they lose, or until they play us. Aymen just doesn't seem to ever get tired. Even on Court A I have watched him just run up and down and up and down and up and down without even looking fatigued. Super impressive, but remember it is coming from a 260lb fat dude who sweats when he walks.

Kashgar / Lagos
I think Kashgar pulls off the upset and gets their first W. Josh is a baller. The ball needs to be in his hands more. As a team, they are terrible from behind the arc, but love to shoot it. Take it to the rack fellas. Y'all are 5th in the league in FT percentage. GET THERE.

Islamabad / Alexandria
Zain is hands down one of the top players in this league. I predict he has another monster day. Idris is a lights out shooter. He needs to get going again. Shoutout to my guy Omar, too.

Jakarta / Beirut
Call me a homer, but I am not going against my boys! Kenny has been one of the best additions this season. Jakarta is a solid squad. To me, Jakarta's starting 5 can compete with any team in this league. Beirut's "best 5" can too. I won't say starting 5, since Mingo likes to come off the bench now. If Nick catches fire again, Beirut will be tough to beat. AND YALL GOTTA STOP SLEEPING ON MY BOY ANT OZORIA. HE DOES A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING. SOLID OFFENSE, SOLID DEFENSE. He is an x factor on this team that nobody ever talks about. Ed goes 1/8 from 3, and takes the L.

Sana'a / Tehran
I don't know much about Tehran's new player Abdelrahman, but just by looking at his stats, he looks like he can ball. We already know Mo Amin can play too. Abdelrahman + Mo vs. Rameez + L. Lee. I am taking Sana'a by a little bit. Too small of a sample size to see what Abdelrahman can really do.

Jerusalem / Lahore
Lahore by a lot. I am not sure why Omar is not scoring anymore, but he needs to pick it up if Lahore wants to compete with the better teams in the league.

Mombasa / Cordoba
This is a tough one. Like both other predictions said, I can't see Mombasa losing two in a row. They are too good of a team. Cordoba has Kenny, Luke, and Amir. Does David show up? He can be a deciding factor. In the end, I am taking Mombasa. Raza is one of the best floor generals in the league, and to me Mo Masri is the best 3 point shooter in the league. Mix in Paul with his scoring/rebounding, and you got another Mombasa team that will make a deep run in the playoffs.

Edited by user Saturday, February 9, 2019 4:48:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked chrisTEX for this useful post.
JohnHartenfels on 2/9/2019(UTC), RamzySaleh on 2/9/2019(UTC)