Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Malik Zubi  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 3:30:55 AM(UTC)
Malik Zubi

Groups: Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Disclaimer: Predictions are meant for a good read, nothing more, nothing less. Still got to play the game on Saturdays.
Best of luck to everyone this season, and iA an injury free season to all. Now what you all have been waiting for.

Riyadh vs. Lahore: Kareem Ahmed and Omar Hussein make up a dynamic back court, and will put up points at ease. They could easily be a team to surprise a lot of people this season, and a lot of newcomers on this squad, so week 1 shall be interesting. Lahore has a terrific guard themselves in Moayad who has blossomed into a very good and efficient player over the past few seasons. Despite that, main reason I am picking Lahore is Hosam Karkis. No disrespect to his previous teams, but he now has players he can trust and thats huge. If Hosam Karkis is you're number two option on offense, you should be in pretty good shape.

Beirut vs. Granada: Beirut brings back the same core and a very good one might I add. Nick, Jon and Hart always have this team competing and in contention. Maybe this will be the year Mingo gets some respect put on his name. I don't think Granada is done celebrating their championship but sources say Omar Singer is ready for a bounce back season. Oh yeah and that guy Anwar, he's pretty damn good.

Timbuktu vs. Baghdad: Baghdad with already more wins than last season.

Tehran vs. Istanbul: Ali Omari brings a solid front court but this team may be lacking in guard play. Losing Joey P will hurt them down the stretch, and Cody was a great asset on the defensive end. Istanbul will always make you work for your points, but I don't see them putting up enough to beat Tehran.

Fez vs. Kabul: two words, Mohammad Abdelhadi! Next question

Jakarta vs. San'a: Battle of the commissioners! The Ed:Mecca experiment did not work out as planned. Injuries and Ed's vacation plans cost them their season. But Ed says he's onto better things (TBD). My former teammate will have a bounce back season, as he crowns himself the King of the PAL. As long as Himey's minutes restriction does not come into play, Ed could be a dark house MVP candidate. San'a on the other hand did lose their best two scorers, so someone's got to put the ball in the basket. Spoiler alert, Netti drops 20 on his former mates.

Delhi vs. Mombassa: Mombassa will see a little 16 year old on the court, scuff and think nothing of him. 40 minutes and 20 something points later the league will recognize how good (and cocky) splash is. Muhannad will have his hands full in Weiss, but could hold his own. If Jawad can limit Raza's points in transition, this could very easily be the upset of the week.

Sarajevo vs. Cordoba: LEONARD LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Thats all I need to say for Sarajevo. On a more serious note, how on earth did Cordoba get through the acceptance process??? DeJesus, Luke and Kenny??? This team is a serious contender!

Jerusalem vs. Kazan: Jerusalem brings a team full of veteran savvy players who have playoff experience in MB. Kazan also has Patrick and Frank AKA Malcolm Jenkins.

Mecca vs. Dhaka: Won't predict my own game, but Mairaj knows I'm coming back hungry post injury.

Islamabad vs. Cairo: The Abbassi family is back at it again, but this time around with Zain and Idris. Two solid additions that don't need the ball to be effective. This could very well be the best defensive team in the league. But in order for them to get over that hump, Billal has to be their leading scorer. And I mean 17 ppg or more. Which btw he is very capable of. Now for Cairo, Goldberg, Abdul???? That could be a lethal pick and roll. Still think Abbassi clan for the win.

Suba vs. Alexandria: A lot of new faces on Alexandria so it be unfair to make this prediction.

Again best of luck everyone, looking forward to this season bi ithni la.

Edited by moderator Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:29:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

billalabbassi  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 5:09:34 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Riyadh/Lahore- Riyadh looks like a team that can make some noise, but I believe their season depends on Abdul-Kareem Alsammak. He has to play to his potential to keep this team in the running. Lahore has proven player sin Hosam Karkis and Moayad Abulhuda. Ahmad Saleh will be the difference maker in games, he has to get his shot going early in the season and keep it going for the whole season.

Beirut/Granada- Granada are defending champs

Timbuktu/Baghdad- I don't know the teams enough.

Tehran/Istanbul- Tehran changed their roster this season. They still have ballers, but I don't know why they got rid of some key guys. Mo Amin is an ex-runner up MVP candidate. Muhannad Natsheh could be a problem for opponents.

Fez/Kabul- Abdelhadi.

Jakarta/Sana'a- Ed Froogh is looking to have a bounce back season. Himey is coming off season ending surgery, they need his hustle and grit. Omar Elsamna is coming off of a season ending injury. They could also use his hustle and grit. Jason Weiss gives teams problems. I see what Jakarta is trying to do with this team. I have they in the opening week.

Delhi/Mombasa- Game of the week! Jawad is making a comeback. Ahmad Abdelghani is making a comeback. Muhanad Deeb is making a comeback. Oh and wait... all on the same team. You sprinkle in Marwan Tamimi, who is my MIP, Jehad Abuhadba who could get hot from deep, and 6 foot 7 Hamza Zeidan, this team could potentially cause heartache for oppopnents. If they can get it together and play as a unit, they can make a serious run at a championship. Mombasa does their damage with high basketball IQ. I want to go Mombasa because of the veterans and experience, but I'm way too excited to watch Delhi.

Sarajevo/Cordoba- I don't know enough about Sarajevo so I won't make a prediction. However, Cordoba put Jon Dejesus and Kenneth Ziam on the same team... come on.

Jerusalam/Kazan- Kazan has the former MVP in Pat. Jerusalem has a bunch of players who have been out of the league for a while. I don't know what they still have in them.

Mecca/Dhaka- Dhaka won 3 championships in a row, I get it. Mecca has Anas Najib and Omar Qasem. Anas Najib will be a top MVP candidate and we all know what Omar Qasem can do, but the x-factor, Malik Zubi. Malik is a proven knock down sniper. He can get hot in a hurry. However when I played with his, he didn't trust his shot in many games. Then he started trusting it a little too much the next season. Last season, before injury, he has shown that he has found the perfect mix between jump shot and attacking the rim. He keeps defenders on their toes while being able to hit from 3-4 feet behind the arc. Anas and Qasem will lead this team, but it will take a great effort from Malik to really take this team above and beyond, and I believe he comes through for his club. #stdwsi

Islamabad/Cairo- I won't predict my own game. #strivetodowhatseemsimpossible

Suba/Alexandria- I don't know either squad enough to make fair prediction.

Let's get this season started!! In Sha'a Allah no one gets hurt this season.

Edited by user Friday, June 22, 2018 5:15:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Strive to Do What Seems Impossible